Video Editing Tips
- 1. Video Merger+
- 1.1 How to Merge MP4 Online
- 1.2 Top 3 MP4 Joiners Mac
- 1.3 Top 6 MOV Joiners
- 1.4 Top 5 MKV Joiners
- 1.5 Top 6 WMV Joiners
- 1.6 How to Merge FLV
- 1.7 Top 12 AVI Joiners
- 1.8 Top 10 Ways to Merge Movies
- 1.9 Merge Videos in Windows 10/8/7
- 1.10 Put Videos Together
- 1.11 Combine 2/Multiple Videos
- 1.12 Top Video Merger Online
- 1.13 Top Video Mergers
- 1.14 How to Merge Videos Mac
- 1.15 Apps to Combine Videos
- 1.16 Merge Videos on Android
- 1.17 Combine Videos on iPhone
- 2. Audio Merger+
- 3. Tips for Merging Files+
- DVD Users
- Social Media Users
- Camera Users
- Creative Design
- Movie Users
- Travelling Fans
- Educational Users
- More Solutions
5 Online Free Video Speed Changers to Speed up or Slow down Videos
When it comes to speeding up and slowing down videos, special tools are needed, and there are multiple online tools available for the same. These programs work from the browser that makes them simple and quick to work with. There is no dearth of online tools, and selecting one can be a challenging task. Your selection will vary depending on the requirements with multiple features, format support, and other functions. We are here to help you select the best tools to change speed online, matching your needs.
- Part 1. What should a good online video speed-changing tool be like?
- Part 2. The 5 best tools to speed up/slow down videos online
- Part 3. How to quickly change the output format of a video?
Online speed-changing tools come with a variety of functions and features. While selecting one of these, it is essential to choose a tool that offers hassle-free processing at a fast speed. Some of the parameters that must be fulfilled by an excellent online speed changing tool are as follows:
- Interface: A good online tool has a simple and user-friendly interface. A beginner or a user with no prior experience must be able to use the tool with ease.
- Options for multipliers: An effective online tool must have multiple options for multipliers so that you can speed up or slow down the video as needed.
- Spending time: A good online tool needs to upload your videos quickly and also process them fast. Quick processing comes in quite handy when the speed of multiple files has to be changed.
- Preview option: Previewing the file before final processing is a great feature to look out for in a good online tool. With the preview, you can check how your video will look post-processing and meet your expectations. If not, you can always make changes again.
- Watermark: Since most online tools are free to use, the processed files come with a watermark. A lot of the programs offer an option where a watermark can be removed through a payment. So, if any online tool processes videos without a watermark, it is a great option; else, you can opt for the paid version if you want to get rid of the watermark.
- Supported formats: With multiple video formats available, a good online tool needs to offer support to various formats. With a wide range of supported formats, you can change the speed for all types of files.
- Price: Though most online tools are free, a few may offer added features for a price. Thus, you can
- Security: A good tool should be safe to use.
In addition to the above, some of the other factors that can be looked into for an online tool include batch processing, additional editing options, adding files from multiple sources, and more.
Online tools are decent to use and allow you to speed up and down your videos in a few simple steps. The working logic behind most of these online tools is the same - the common steps to speed up or slow down video online involve uploading the video, setting multiplier depending on the video speed required, muting the audio to check and preview the file, and then finally exporting and saving the processed video.
Check out the list of the best and commonly used online tools for speed changing as below.
This is a popular online tool for changing the speed of one file at a time. All the key formats like AVI, MP4, WebM, FLV, and others are supported for the processing, and the maximum supported file size is 100MB. You can add the local file to the interface or can also add its URL in case of an online file. You can choose the multiplier to speed up or speed down the video as needed. The tool offers an option to mute the sound, keep the original sound or change the sound at the video speed. You can create online slow motion and other videos using the tool.
- Local, as well as file URL, can be added
- Simple and user-friendly interface
- Multiple options to adjust the sound
- Supported formats are limited
- The maximum file size is 100MB
- File upload speed is slow
Earlier known as media.io, this is a widely used online tool supporting multiple editing functions. Videos in all popular formats up to 100MB can be added to the program to speed up or speed down. The free version of the tool requires you to free sign-up and allow processing up to 10 times a day. The speed of the videos can be adjusted up to 2X as needed.
- Simple interface
- All key formats supported
- Add local files as well as URL
- Processed files can be downloaded locally or can be saved to the Dropbox
- Requires free sign-up to work with the tool
- The free version supports 10 processing with a maximum file size of up to 100MB each time.
This widely used online tool supports multiple functions, including speed changing. Local files, as well as URLs can be added to the interface for the process. After the file is added and uploaded to the tool, you can change its speed and increase it up to 4X. The process is simple and quick, and the videos do not have any watermarks. Slow-motion video online can be quickly created using the tool.
- Support multiple file editing options, including speed change
- Files from the system as well as URL can be added
- No watermark on the processed files
- A safe tool without any ads
- Multiple options at the interface make it a little complex to work with
- File uploading takes time
Using this online tool, the videos present on your system, URL, and the cloud can be processed to change the speed. All main formats like MP4, AVI, MPG, and others are supported by the tool, and you can either choose from the pre-set speed options to set it to your desired value. You can also mute the video and change the target format if required.
- Video can be added from multiple sources
- All popular formats supported
- Option to mute and change the output format
- Choose from pre-set options or move the slider to select desired change in speed
- Slow video upload speed
- Sign-up needed to remove watermark from the videos
Using this browser-based tool, the speed of your videos in the supported formats can be changed. You can choose from 0.5 to 3X speed as desired. There is also an option to split the video into multiple parts and then change the speed of any particular part.
- Speed change supported from 0.5 to 3x
- Additional editing options supported
- Limited formats supported- MP4, MOV, WebM, and M4V
- Videos up to 1GB can be added
- Too many functions on the interface make it cluttered
Above, we have listed some of the critical online speed-changing tools. The selection of the best tool will depend on your file processing requirements and preferences. Check out the features, pros, and cons of these tools, and then go for the best suitable.
Though online tools are decent speed changers supporting basic functions, they have their own set of limitations. The format support of the tools is limited, and there is also a restriction to the maximum file size that can be added and processed. So, to overcome these and other online tool limitations, we recommend using powerful software like Wondershare UniConverter. This versatile and effective tool seamlessly works on all the latest Windows and Mac systems. It supports a wide range of video-related functions, including speed change, format conversion, download, and more.
The videos in almost all formats can be processed using this software, and the working speed is super-fast. Files can be added from the computer, mobile devices, and other devices directly. Video conversion in over 1000 formats is supported to make your files compatible with all types of players and devices.
Key features of the software
Speed up or slow-down videos as needed in simple steps
Additional editing options supported like change in audio, adding effects, adding watermark, filters, and more
Video conversion in over 1000 formats supported
Allows video download from all key streaming sites
Additional features include video recording, image conversion, DVD burning, fixing metadata, and more
Windows and Mac supported
Steps to change speed and save the video in the desired format.
Step 1Add video Wondershare UniConverter
On the main interface, choose Effects from the Video Editor section. Choose and add the desired video from the system that needs to be processed.
Step 2Change speed
After the video is added, click on the Change Speed option, and the available speed options will be shown ranging from 0.25X to 2X. Choose the desired option depending on if you want to speed up or slow down the video.
Preview can be checked from the Output Preview window on the left side. Click on the OK to confirm the settings.
Step 3Choose the output format and process
Next, from the Output Format tab, choose the desired target format from the Video supported list. At the File Location tab, you can browse the desktop folder where the file will be saved on your system. Finally, click on the Start All button to start the process. The Finished tab will show all the edited files on the interface.
So, when you want to create some exciting videos and add some slow-motion effects or time-lapse events, the above-listed speed changer tools can be used. Several speed online and desktop programs are available to choose from. Browser-based tools are apt when small-sized files are to be processed with basic features. For high-quality processing without any limitations, professional software like Wondershare UniConverter works best.