- 1. Add Subtitles+
- 2. Extract Subtitles+
- 3. Download Subtitles+
- 4. Tips and Tricks+
- 4.1 Top 10 Subtitles Players
- 4.2 Play Dual Subtitles
- 4.3 Video Players with Subtitles
- 4.4 Convert IDX to SRT
- 4.5 Convert TXT to SRT
- 4.6 Convert SUB to SRT
- 4.7 Convert Video with subtitle
- 4.8 Best Subtitle Converters
- 4.9 Subtitle Editor Tools
- 4.1 Adjust Subtitle Delay in VLC
- 4.11 Best Subtitle Maker
- 4.12 Tips about Subtitle Editing
- 4.13 Synchronize Subtitle Tool
- 4.14What is Subtitle
- 4.15 Best Font for Subtitles
- 4.16 How to Create SRT File
- 4.17 Turn On/Off Subtitles
- 4.18 Add Text/Subtitles/Captions to iMovie
- 4.19 Several Tips about Subtitles in Windows Media Player
Top 2 Things You Must Know About Subtitle Editing
How about keeping pace with a video by editing the subtitle? Hereby, read the process with complete guide about Subtitle editing and things you must be aware of subtitle edit process.
- Part 1. What's SRT Files Content
- Part 2. How to Adjust Subtitle Font/Color/Size/Position
- Part 3. How to Edit SRT Files Content
What are SRT files and how to deal with them while keeping a pace with the video and how to go with subtitle edit on Mac/windows? Might be quite unknown terms to you but they hold a great weight age while watching videos of a foreign language.
You must have heard about Subtitle-(Which are written visible part that reflect the translated text represented at the bottom of the video), which hold its own value. But what about editing those Subtitles, well this all goes through the SRT files better known as SubRip Text to edit the written part (Audio in text form) to understand the movie/ video to its users.
Importance of SRT Files:
- It is one of the easiest Subtitle Format.
- They are used to carry time codes for start and end time of a video.
- Carry translated text (of Audio) extracted from Video part.
- You can open the file by any text processor such as Notepad, Word Doc etc.
Summarized common solutions:
Srt files are represented with simple interface for editing purpose that gets saved in .srt extension. It is important that while doing translation of the data in the srt file, you do not interfere with number duration and timeline (they should remain as it is, otherwise file might get corrupted). Though you can edit the translated text as per the requirement. You can open SRT using a text editor, then you can adjust the subtitle to synchronize with the video. Now let us move on to the subtitle edit tutorial.
Would you like to customize subtitle track of your video file to make it usable as per your language with interactive look? Then just have Wondershare video converter ultimate and enjoy reading adjustable subtitles while watching video. Wondershare video converter will act like a solution to all subtitle related task whether that be adding, searching correct subtitles or editing them as per the requirement and dimension of your TV screen, projector or PC.
Wondershare UniConverter - Best Subtitle Tool MOV Mac/Windows (Catalina Included)
- Subtitle feature is for both Mac and Windows OS.
- You can customize subtitles in terms of font, color, size, width, style, position etc.
- Online Subtitle search facility with audio adjustment of Audio/Video track.
- Burn and customize your video to DVD with various DVD menu templates.
- Additionally you can crop, add effects, watermark or convert video to more than 1000+ formats.
- As a bonus you can play any video track with this video converter ultimate tool.
Now the most important thing to understand is how to edit subtitles with the video converter tool and to adjust it to your favour.
Step 1 Add Video for Editing
Download and launch the tool, after that Open the tool main page visit the Convert the Converting choose the +Add Files to select video from your system. Once uploaded, you will see at bottom of video editing options, select the middle one to open edit page and to learn how to use subtitle edit.
Step 2 Open Subtitle Menu
Now you need to visit the Subtitle menu to start the editing task
Step 3 Add Subtitles and Edit them
A: If subtitles of the video are already stored in your PC then directly go to the (...) sign else you can search the required subtitle for your video from the Search Icon.
B: After importing the subtitle next you can make necessary adjustment in terms of font, its color, size, texture, positioning or style . Then press OK for best font for subtitles and edit subtitle.
Note: Now to save your edited file to the system with desired format. Please go to the Convert all files to select the output format. And press the Convert All button. Your final file will get saved and visible in the Converted tab (from there you can access the output folder.)
1. Edit SRT File Via Notepad
You can add your own words to the subtitle that gets displayed on the screen by editing the SRT file using Notepad. First create the backup of the SRT file before you go for any editing (For future reference)
Step 1: Open SRT file with the help of Notepad.
Step 2: Now you can go for the editing for either BTime displayed or "Written Phrase" as per your need.
Note: Subtitle phrase should be separated in a numbered section.
Step 3: To save Go to file menu Select file name save type as Ball files Encoding as UTF-8 and finally press BSave to save the editing done by your end.
2. Subtitle Edit online
If instead of going for desktop version you are looking some alternative to edit srt file online that do not required any downloading process then you can Edit the Subtitle online with this tool.
Step 1: On visiting the site, you will be encountered with subtitle editing interface, from there you can open your srt file by visiting the Subtitle menu or the Video menu, click to open the file.
Step 2: After file gets opened up select the duration and text which you want to edit (once select will get highlighted with light green color) below that you will see the editor box, from there you can type or make changes to the subtitle as soon you write there, immediately subtitle will get changed and saved automatically.
After making necessary changes on top right side there is play window, you need to click on play button to play the video with changed subtitles.
That's it, process is quite simple. You just need to follow the instructions to edit srt file online.