Auto Subtitle Generator
- DVD Users
- Social Media Users
- Camera Users
- Creative Design
- Movie Users
- Travelling Fans
- Educational Users
- More Solutions
Top 7 Auto Subtitle Generator You Should Know
Subtitles have become an inevitable part of videos and have several benefits not only for the audience but also for the content creators. A video with subtitles increases the target audience and serves multiple advantages. You can add the subtitles to a video manually, but the process is time-consuming and hassled. Thus, to help you add subtitles, there are several auto subtitle generator tools available. Below, we have selected the top tools that help generate subtitles automatically.
- Part 1. Can VLC auto-generate subtitles
- Part 2. Best Auto Subtitle Generator software in 2021
- Part 3. 5 Auto subtitle generator online free you cannot miss
VLC is a widely used free and open-source multimedia player that is compatible with multiple platforms. In addition to playback of media files in all formats, the player can do other additional tasks. VLC can also auto-generate subtitles using an add-on called VLSub. Once the add-on is downloaded and installed on your system, it will search for the video subtitles online. All the relevant results will be shown, and from them, you can choose the subtitle you want to use.
Steps to use VLC auto caption app:
1. Using the link- https://addons.videolan.org/p/1154045/ download the plugin for VLSub, and then the zip file contents are extracted.
2. Search for the lua file in the extracted contents and move it to the/lua/extensions folder.
Note: Checkout for the extension folder depending on the OS you are working-
- Windows: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\extensions\
- Linux: /usr/lib/vlc/lua/extensions/
- MAC OS X: /Users/<your_name>/Library/Application Support/org.videolan.vlc/lua/extensions/
3. Next, open the VLC Media Player app on your system or restart it.
4. On the main interface, go to View > VLSub
5. A new pop-up window will open where you need to enter the name of the movie or the video at the Title tab and then click on the Search by name option on the right-hand side.
6. The player app will automatically search for the subtitles online and will show the relevant results.
7. Select the desired subtitle from the list and click on the Download selection
8. The subtitle file will be downloaded, and the subtitle text will appear on the screen.
If you are looking for an effective auto subtitle generator that is quick and also hassle-free Wondershare UniConverter is the best choice. This is a versatile software supporting a wide range of useful features, and one of the latest added is subtitle editor. Using the function, you can auto-generate the subtitles and add them manually and even import the local subtitles.
Generate subtitles automatically
Option to add the subtitles manually or import the local ones
Works as an excellent subtitle editor with the option to choose the subtitle font, color, width, opacity, and position.
Additional features include video conversion, editing, download, recording, and many more.
Windows and Mac support
How to auto-generate subtitles on Windows/Mac?
Step 1 Launch Wondershare Subtitle Editor and add videos.
Open the installed Wondershare UniConverter software on your system, and from the Toolbox section, choose the Subtitle Editor option.
Click on the Add Video icon on the top-left corner or tap on the + sign to import the video.
Step 2 Choose auto generator option.
Under the added video, click on the Auto-Subtitle Generator tab.
A new pop-up window will open where you need to select the Video Language from the drop-down menu. Next, tap on the Start Now button at the bottom that will start the auto-recognizing process.
Step 3 Get the generated subtitles.
After the subtitles are generated successfully, you can click on the Open button beside the Import Subtitles button.
Step 4 Export video
The Subtitle List tab will show the used subtitles, and the File Location tab can be used to select the folder to save the processed file. Finally, click on the Export button to save the processed video.
Tips: This is an add-on feature beyond Wondershare UniConverter 13; you can purchase this feature alone if you need it.
Several online tools are also available that helps you generate the subtitles automatically. These are browser-based tools that need no software download or installation, and the process of generating is simple. Enlisted below are the popular tools in the category.
This is an online tool that facilitates auto-generating the subtitles in addition to adding the manual subtitles or importing the ones saved locally. A wide range of languages is supported for the subtitles to choose from. Additionally, the software also supports a wide range of other functions like splitting, adding text, transitions, and more.
- This is an online free auto-subtitle generator
- Generate subtitles automatically or add them manually or import the local ones
- Support additional video editing features
- Need to free sign-up to use the tool
This is an online tool that allows generating the subtitles for your videos. Free to use, the program allows uploading videos of up to 10 minutes and then auto-search for the subtitles. Not only videos, but you can also add an MP3 audio file to get the subtitles. The option for adding a video URL is also there in this free automatic subtitle generator.
- Auto-generate subtitles using the local video, video URL, and MP3 audio file
- No software download or installation needed
- Option to preview the video as different social networking sites
- Free account allows video length of only 10 minutes
- To see and edit the generated subtitles, you need to create a free account
Using this online video editing tool, you can auto-generate the subtitles and also add them manually as needed. The option for uploading the SRT file is also there. This auto caption app supports multiple subtitles editing options like customizing font, position, background color, and more.
- A free browser-based tool with support to multiple functions
- Auto-generate subtitles, add local SRT files or add them manually
- Multiple subtitles editing options
- Need to create a free account to use the subtitle function
- This auto subtitle generator online tool has internet dependency
4. YouTube automatic captioning
YouTube can also be used for creating video captions automatically by using speech recognition technology. The process of generating the captions is quick and can be done by logging through your YouTube Studio account. There are multiple languages in which YouTube auto translates captions.
- Simple and quick process to add subtitles to YouTube videos
- Use speech recognition to automatically generate subtitles
- Captions available in multiple languages
- The method is available for the YouTube videos
- Need to sign in using YouTube Studio account
5. Facebook Automatic Caption Feature
Facebook also has a feature using which captions for the videos can be auto-generated. The feature is available for the advertisers in Canada and the US and US English language.
- Simple process to generate subtitles for Facebook video ads
- It does not require the use of any additional software
- Available only in US English language
- Available for the advertisers in the US and Canada
- Need to be proofread as the feature is not very reliable
Online subtitle generators are apt for limited-sized video files, but if you are looking for advanced software that not only lets you auto-generate subtitles but also performs an array of additional useful functions, Wondershare UniConverter is the best choice. Quick to install on your Windows and Mac systems, the software is simple to use and processes files without any quality loss.