Auto Subtitle Generator
- DVD Users
- Social Media Users
- Camera Users
- Creative Design
- Movie Users
- Travelling Fans
- Educational Users
- More Solutions
- Game Lovers
How to Add Subtitles to Facebook Video Easily
by Christine Smith • 2023-01-17 11:29:14 • Proven solutions
Facebook has become a wide platform for sharing interesting, instructions, educational and several other videos. To make your videos reach a large number of people and especially the ones who do not understand the native video language, subtitles play a crucial role. So, if you too are looking for ways to add subtitles to Facebook video, you are reading on the right page.
- Part 1. [Facebook built-in] How to add captions to Facebook video easily
- Part 2. [Third-party software] Best Facebook Caption Generator to add subtitles to video before uploading
- Part 3. Are Facebook auto-generated captions good?
Facebook supports an automatic caption feature on English-language Facebook pages in the US. Though the feature is free to use it is not very reliable and the captions need to be cross-checked. For the ones who wish to give a try this Facebook caption generator function, listed below are the steps.
1. Open your Facebook account and from the home page or the profile page, tap on Photo/Video from the Create Post menu option.
2. Find and upload the desired videos to your Facebook page. Next, add the title and comment to your video and then after the video is uploaded, click on the Share button.
3. The video will now appear on the profile page from where you need to tap on Generate button present at the top of the added post. (Click on Edit Post button if Generate option is not visible).
4. Next, click on Subtitles&Captions (CC) option and then select Video Language.The Facebook auto-generated captions will be shown.
5. After checking through the generated captions finally click on Save to Video button to add the subtitles to the added video.
Part 2. [Third-party software] Best Facebook Caption Generator to add subtitles to video before uploading
Adding subtitles to your videos can be a troublesome task if you do not have access to the right tools. So, to make the process of auto-subtitle generation quick and simple Wondershare UniConverter is the best software. Adding subtitles to your Facebook and all other videos is an effortless task using this feature-packed software. Supporting all key video formats, the software is capable of searching online subtitles and adding them automatically. Option for manual adding and SRT file is also there. Customization of the subtitles through the change in font, size, and other parameters can also be done.
The subtitle editor function of the software allows to auto-generate subtitles
Manual subtitles or local SRT files can also be added
Customization options like font change, position change, color, and opacity can be adjusted as needed
Support to all key video formats like MP4, MOV, AVI, and others
Videos can be converted to over 1000 formats and devices including the Facebook-specific format
Built-in editor supporting features like cropping, cutting, adding effects, and more
Windows and Mac support
Steps to auto-generate subtitles for videos using Wondershare UniConverter:
Step 1 Add videos to Wondershare Subtitle Editor
Open the Wondershare UniConverter software and choose Subtitle Editor from the Toolbox section.
Click on the Add Video button or the + sign to browse and add the video from your system.
Step 2 Choose to Auto-Generate subtitles
Next, when the video is added, click on the Auto-Generate Subtitles tab.
You can see a pop-up window again and here you need to choose the language of the video from the given options at the drop-down menu. Click on Start Now and the software will start auto-searching for the subtitles.
Step 3 Choose to Open or Import Subtitles
After the searching process is over and subtitles for the video are auto-generate you will get a Success message. Click on the Open or Import Subtitles option as required.
Step 4 Export Video with subtitles for Facebook
Next, at the Subtitle List, you can check out all the imported and added subtitles. The folder on your system to save the processed files can be checked from the File Location tab. Finally, clicking on the Export button will process and save the video at the selected system location.
The Facebook auto-generate captions feature is very basic and not very reliable. If you are considering to auto-generate captions using the built-in Facebook feature, analyze the pros and cons as below.
- Apt for the Facebook users in the US and English language videos
- Does not require any third-party software
- Simple process
- The auto-generated captions Facebook feature is not very reliable and thus you need to manually proofread before publishing the video.
- Available only for English language and limited users
- Captions can be added only for Facebook videos and not others
- Limited customization options
The most reliable, quick, and user-friendly way to auto-generate captions for Facebook, as well as other videos, is Wondershare UniConverter. The software can be used to search for the subtitles online or add them manually or using SRT files. Additionally, the videos can also be converted for the Facebook-specific format to avoid any compatibility issues.