- 1. Add Subtitles+
- 2. Extract Subtitles+
- 3. Download Subtitles+
- 4. Tips and Tricks+
- 4.1 Top 10 Subtitles Players
- 4.2 Play Dual Subtitles
- 4.3 Video Players with Subtitles
- 4.4 Convert IDX to SRT
- 4.5 Convert TXT to SRT
- 4.6 Convert SUB to SRT
- 4.7 Convert Video with subtitle
- 4.8 Best Subtitle Converters
- 4.9 Subtitle Editor Tools
- 4.1 Adjust Subtitle Delay in VLC
- 4.11 Best Subtitle Maker
- 4.12 Tips about Subtitle Editing
- 4.13 Synchronize Subtitle Tool
- 4.14What is Subtitle
- 4.15 Best Font for Subtitles
- 4.16 How to Create SRT File
- 4.17 Turn On/Off Subtitles
- 4.18 Add Text/Subtitles/Captions to iMovie
- 4.19 Several Tips about Subtitles in Windows Media Player
How to Free Extract Subtitles from DVD with 2 Easy Solutions
Online downloaded subtitles do not sync well with the ripped DVD videos a majority of the times, and here the need to extract these subtitles from the disc arises. Moreover, these extracted subtitles also help in the learning of a new language. Extracting subtitles from a DVD is not something very common, and thus finding the right tool for the same is also a tricky task. Know in detail about the best ways to extract subtitles from DVD.
- Part 1. Best DVD Subtitle Editor
- Part 2. How to Extract Subtitles from DVD Mac with Handbrake
- Part 3. How to Remove Embedded Subtitles with VLC
The multi-subtitle adds more flavors to the videos. It makes the content in the video sensible by giving a short synopsis as its heading. This feature is possible with the Wondershare Uniconverter tool.
Wondershare UniConverter - Best Subtitle Tool MOV Mac/Windows (Catalina Included)
- With the help of UniConverter, you can extract subtitles from DVD to MOV and MP4 in an easy way
- It provides an incredible built-in editor to edit the DVD files to any format
- Personalize the videos professionally by adding watermarks, subtitles, etc.
- You can perform converting, editing, downloading, transferring, and burning a video to DVD too
- Direct conversion from video to audio is possible with the Windows and MAC versions of Uninconverter
Check it out: How to Extract Subtitles from DVD with Uniconverter
Step 1 Upload the DVD file
1. In the Video Converter tab, click the drop-down icon near the DVD+ icon. From the drop-down list, select the Load DVD Folder.
2. Here you can find many options to import the videos like the Load IFO Files and the Load ISO Files.
3. A DVD Load Model window opens soon after this action. On this screen, you have to choose the Main Movie and hit the OK button.
Step 2 Extract Subtitles from DVD
It is high time to embed the subtitles by tapping the No subtitle function found beneath the Target menu. Here you can edit the Embed subtitle(s) and extract SRT subtitle format you want. To make the edit click the Export subtitle(s) label to extract the subtitles as per your requirement.
Step 3 Output Conversion
To convert the output file as MOV file format, you have to press the Setting icon, next move on with the selection of the Video, and then select the MOV with the parallel selection of the Same as source. In the end, hit the Convert button to initiate the conversion process. The display of the converted file is found in the Finished tab.
With Wondershare UniConverter, you can convert VOB to DVD as well. Move to How to Convert VOB to DVD on Mac/Windows >> to learn more.
Handbrake is a popularly used DVD ripping tool that supports an array of other functions as well. This is a free and open-source program that is compatible with all platforms, including Windows, Mac, and Linux. So to extract subtitles from DVD mac, Handbrake works as a great option. By default, when you rip DVDs using the Handbrake program, the subtitles are not extracted to keep the file size small, but the option to get the captions using the tool is there.
How to Rip DVD with Subtitles Using Handbrake
Step 1: Insert the desired DVD into your Mac system, launch the installed Handbrake and wait for the program to scan the disc
Step 2: Next, click on the Subtitles tab. Choose the desired language and also select the checkbox at Burned In option to lock the captions to the video. You can also get the captions in the original video language by choosing the Closed Captions from the drop-down menu.
Step 3: Click on the Start button, and your movie will start ripping along with the subtitles.
VLC is a widely used cross-platform player that, in addition to video playback in popular formats, supports several other functions. DVD ripping is one of the many supported features of the player, and if you are looking for options to get your ripped files along with subtitles, VLC works as a great option. VLC supports advanced options where you can choose to rip your disc along with the embedded captions.
How to Remove Embedded Subtitles Using VLC
Step 1: Insert the DVD into your system and launch the VLC media player.
Step 2: From the Media menu on the main interface, choose the Open Disc option. A new pop-up window will open, showing the inserted DVD at the Disc tab. Expand the options at the Play button at the lower-right corner and select the Convert option.
Step 3: A new Convert window will open. Under the Settings section, click on the small document icon next to the Profile option to open a Profile edition window for advanced options.
At the Encapsulation, choose the desired format for the new profile. Available options for the selected codec will appear under the Features section.
Step 4: Next, move on to the Subtitles tab and turn on the option for extracting the captions as well.
Step 5: Give a new name to the selected profile at Profile Name section and click on the Create button.
Step 6: Choose this newly created profile from the drop-down options in the Profile section.
Step 7: Set desktop location to save the ripped file at Destination file: tab. Finally, click on the Start button to initiate the disc ripping process with subtitles on VLC.
One of the above two methods can be used to extract SRT from DVD simply and quickly.