- 1. Add Subtitles+
- 2. Extract Subtitles+
- 3. Download Subtitles+
- 4. Tips and Tricks+
- 4.1 Top 10 Subtitles Players
- 4.2 Play Dual Subtitles
- 4.3 Video Players with Subtitles
- 4.4 Convert IDX to SRT
- 4.5 Convert TXT to SRT
- 4.6 Convert SUB to SRT
- 4.7 Convert Video with subtitle
- 4.8 Best Subtitle Converters
- 4.9 Subtitle Editor Tools
- 4.1 Adjust Subtitle Delay in VLC
- 4.11 Best Subtitle Maker
- 4.12 Tips about Subtitle Editing
- 4.13 Synchronize Subtitle Tool
- 4.14What is Subtitle
- 4.15 Best Font for Subtitles
- 4.16 How to Create SRT File
- 4.17 Turn On/Off Subtitles
- 4.18 Add Text/Subtitles/Captions to iMovie
- 4.19 Several Tips about Subtitles in Windows Media Player
Everything You Need to Convert TXT to SRT File
Subtitles improves the reach and accessibility of your videos and the most commonly used format for subtitles is SRT which is a plain text content along with the start and the stop time information of the subtitle. So if you have some recorded videos that you want to upload on an online site along with subtitles, simple text files can be converted to SRT format Know how to convert txt to srt in the following parts of the topic.
- Part 1. TXT vs. SRT
- Part 2. How to Edit TXT to SRT File
- Part 3. How to Convert MOV to MP4 Free on Desktop
- Part 4. How to Add SRT to Video (External Reading)
- SRT is a SubRip subtitle file that is named after the SubRip software which is open-source and free to use. The SRT format is compatible with several video playing programs and software. A SRT file contains the information related to the captioning along with the start and the stop time of the subtitle content.
- TXT, on the other hand, is a simple text file with widespread compatibility and does not contain any additional information.
Thus in nutshell, ext in the TXT file is unformatted and when it is converted to SRT file, information regarding the captioning and the start and the stop time of the subtitle is included to ensure that the subtitle appears at the right time of the video.
Software or program capable of creating text files can also help you create SRT subtitle file in the majority of the cases. The existing TXT files can be edited and converted to SRT file manually by including the captioning and other needed information. The process works with all text editing software like Microsoft Notepad, TextEdit (Mac) and others. The detailed steps on how to edit TXT to SRT are enlisted below.
Step 1. On the program where you need to create the SRT file type a number at the first line that will help you to identify the section of the subtitle. Each of these sections can be considered as an individual subtitle for ease.
Step 2. The next line is for the timestamp. In the timestamp, you need to mention the time of the video where you first wish the subtitle to appear. Then type -- > and enter the time when you want the subtitle to disappear. The formatting must look like: hours]: [minutes]: [seconds], [milliseconds] without any brackets.
Step 3. line 3 of the subtitle is the actual caption or the content of the subtitle that you want.
Step 4. Next, give a double space and then repeat all the details for the next section. Multiple sections as needed can be entered.
Once all the subtitle and timestamps are entered save the document in SRT extension. The file will now be compatible with all programs and tools that support the SRT format.
A number of subtitle converter programs are available as well that facilitates converting TXT to SRT format. To avoid the download and installation processed, online tools can be considered. These are free to use programs that work from the browser interface. One such popularly used program is Toolslick that allows converting your text to SRT subtitle format. The program also supports the language conversion between English, German, French, and other popular ones. You can choose the timings and the target language of the subtitle and once the process is complete, the SRT files are automatically downloaded to your system. SRT to text conversion is also supported by this online program.
How to Use TXT to SRT Converter Online Tool
Step 1. On your browser run the https://toolslick.com/conversion/subtitle/txt-to-srt program. On the main interface, input or paste the TXT content at the Input box. The content can be entered in different lines as per the sections needed
Step 2. Under the Settings section, enter the start counter, Start Time, and the End Time of the subtitle. Target language can also be changed if needed.
Step 3. Click on the CONVERT button when all settings are done. The program will convert your TXT content to SRT file which will be downloaded to your system.
In a while, the SRT file content also appears at the Output box.
In a word, this online subtitle converter is fast and easy to use and it also works as a SUB converter.
If you have videos without subtitles, you can create SRT files as mentioned above and then add them to the videos. To add the created and converted SRT subtitles to your videos, professional software is needed, and here we recommend Wondershare UniConverter as an excellent choice. This desktop-based software, once installed on your system supports a wide range of functions like video conversion, editing (including adding subtitles) video download, and others. The subtitle to all popular video files can be added in a simple manner using the tool. Additionally, you can also choose the color, font, style, transparency, outline width and other factors of the subtitle.
Wondershare UniConverter - Best Subtitle Tool MOV Mac/Windows (Catalina Included)
- Add subtitles from local PC or Internet online.
- Extract subtitles from MP4, MKV, DVD and any video file in .srt, .ssa and .ass.
- Edit subtitles by adjusting font, font color, font size, transparency, position and more.
- Support multiple audio track and subtitles and freely switch on/off subtitles.
- Convert video to MP4, MOV, MKV, AVI and over 1000 video/audio formats with subtitles.
- Burn and customize your video to DVD with free DVD menu templates.
- Download or record videos from 10,000+ video sharing sites.
- Versatile toolbox includes GIF maker, image converter, video compressor, screen recorder, CD burner, fix video metadata, etc.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
How to Add SRT to Video Using Wondershare UniConverter
Step 1 Add video and choose Subtitle function
Run the Wondershare UniConverter software on your system and from the Video Converter tab click on the to load the local video to which you want to add the subtitle. Under the added video thumbnail, editing icons are present. Click on the Crop or Effect icon and from the pop-up window choose the Subtitle tab.
Step 2 Add SRT subtitle
To browse and add the locally saved SRT subtitle, click on the … sign. Option for searching the subtitles online is also there.
Step 3 Select subtitle font and other settings
Once the SRT subtitle is selected an added you can choose the font size, style, position, transparency and other features of the subtitle from the given options. Clicking on the OK button will confirm the changes. Reset button will revert to original file settings.
Step 4 Choose output format, convert and add subtitles
Next, you need to choose the output format of the file from the drop-down options at Output Format: tab on the top-right corner. On the Target menu, you can check the selected output format and also the subtitle option. Click on the Start All button to start converting and adding subtitles to the video.
With Wondershare UniConverter, you can burn videos to DVD as well. Move to How to Burn Videos to DVD >> to learn more.
Processed files can be checked from the Converted tab. On your system, the files are saved to the folder selected at the Output tab. To sum up, you can use an online subtitle format converter to get SRT files from your TXT files and then add them to your desired videos using Wondershare software.