- 1. Add Subtitles+
- 2. Extract Subtitles+
- 3. Download Subtitles+
- 4. Tips and Tricks+
- 4.1 Top 10 Subtitles Players
- 4.2 Play Dual Subtitles
- 4.3 Video Players with Subtitles
- 4.4 Convert IDX to SRT
- 4.5 Convert TXT to SRT
- 4.6 Convert SUB to SRT
- 4.7 Convert Video with subtitle
- 4.8 Best Subtitle Converters
- 4.9 Subtitle Editor Tools
- 4.1 Adjust Subtitle Delay in VLC
- 4.11 Best Subtitle Maker
- 4.12 Tips about Subtitle Editing
- 4.13 Synchronize Subtitle Tool
- 4.14What is Subtitle
- 4.15 Best Font for Subtitles
- 4.16 How to Create SRT File
- 4.17 Turn On/Off Subtitles
- 4.18 Add Text/Subtitles/Captions to iMovie
- 4.19 Several Tips about Subtitles in Windows Media Player
Several Tips about Subtitles in Windows Media Player
It is very important for some users to use captions and subtitles to make sure that the video that is being watched is not only understood but it is also enjoyed in the best manner. In order to make sure that the best possible results are gained in this regard the Windows Media Player also has an embedded functionality which could be used to make sure that the user gets the results that are state of the art and are also the best when it comes to adding the external .srt extension files to the player. This tutorial is all about the related methods and ways in this regard.
- Part 1. How to Turn on/off the Subtitles
- Part 2. How to Add Subtitles in Windows Media Player
- Part 3. Show Captions or Subtitles in Windows Media Player Official Guide
- Part 4. Windows Media Player Won't Turn off Subtitles
The related method is not only easy and simple but it also makes sure that the user gets the work done within no time at all. It is for the same reason that the method that has been explained here is not only easy and straightforward but it also makes sure that the user gets the best result within minimum possible time. It is therefore advised to make sure that the steps that are presented here are followed in the same order and the user should never skip any of them to make sure that the best results have been achieved in the best manner.
It is also advised to make sure that the user should also try this method across multiple devices to ensure that the results are in line with the requirement of the user and the best possible has been attained in this regard. It is also advised to make sure that the user should also use the same method to make sure that the subtitles are turned off as well as both methods are same and allow the user to follow same path in this regard to make sure that the needful has been done. Following is a step by step guide that should make sure that the user never falls into trouble when it comes to turning subtitles on or off. The latter part of the tutorial will make sure that the user gets the information about adding the subtitles to the videos as well to make sure that the best results have been obtained in this regard as well.
1.The user should make sure that the library view of the Windows Media Player is opened to begin the process:
2.In the second strep the user should make sure that the cursor is dragged to the top and through a right click the menu is revealed from where the desired option is selected as shown in the picture below:
3.Using the same path and method the user should make sure that the subtitles are turned off as well and this also concludes the process in full and it can be seen that the process is not only simple but it is also very easy to follow and through this tutorial even a layman can perform the steps with ease and satisfaction:
The related process again is very simple and easy to follow and for the same reason it is also to be noted that the user should make sure that the steps that are mentioned in the guide below are followed and the way out in case of the original process not working is also added to make sure that all methods are revealed without any issue and the user gets the best and state of the art results in this regard. It is also to be noted that most of the high tech users are also unaware of the method that is being presented here ad therefore it is a boon for all the users who want to add the subtitles to the video that is being played in the windows media player.
1.The user needs to make sure that the URL http://www.free-codecs.com/htm2php.php?f=directvobsub_download is visited to make sure that the Direct Vob Sub is downloaded and installed. It is to be enabled once the downloading has been completed:
2.Now the user simple needs to make sure that the subtitle file and the original video file are kept in the same folder under the same name. The name of the subtitle file must end with .srt extension:
3.Once the video is played due to the installation that has been made the subtitles will be shown beneath the movie or the video that is being played. If still the user gets into issues and troubles the file should be renamed as it is has been depicted in the screenshot below. The issue if faced in this regard would be resolved and this also concludes the process.
Though the above mentioned way of showing captions or subtitles is also official and can be carried out without any issue and problem the user can still make sure that the official guide that has been located at the URL http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/show-captions-subtitles-media-player#1TC=windows-7 is browsed and the needful is done without any issue and problem. It is also to be noted that the user should make sure that the related process that has been mentioned applies to windows 7 only however the process can also be applied to windows vista and windows 8 all versions included and for the same reason this official guide can also be deemed as versatile one to make sure that the best has been provided in this regard without any issue and problem:
"I have subtitles turned off in WMP on win7 and I have right clicked and selected 'turn off subtitles' but they won't turn off. I tried it in VLC and it worked fine without subs. anyone know why this happens?"
For any user the subjected issue might be a tough one and for the same reason it is also sometimes very frustrating to get the subtitles when they are not needed at all. In order to make sure that the issue is resolved following is the resolution that can be applied to make sure that the needful has been done without any issue and problem.
- There is a notification within the task bar related to the subtitles of the video. It should be right clicked so that it is disabled resolving the issue
- The user should make sure that the subtitles are not hardcoded. It can be seen by opening the DVD file that has been copied in this regard. It is to be noted that the user should make sure that a single movie without any subtitle file is not being played and if this is the case then the subtitles are hardcoded and cannot be removed at all.
Wondershare UniConverter - Best Subtitle Tool for Windows/Mac (Catalina Included)
- Add subtitles from local PC or Internet online.
- Extract subtitles from MP4, MKV, DVD and any video file in .srt, .ssa and .ass.
- Edit subtitles by adjusting font, font color, font size, transparency, position and more.
- Support multiple audio track and subtitles and freely switch on/off subtitles.
- Convert video to MP4, MOV, MKV, AVI and over 1000 video/audio formats with subtitles.
- Burn and customize your video to DVD with free DVD menu templates.
- Download or record videos from 10,000+ video sharing sites.
- Versatile toolbox includes GIF maker, image converter, video compressor, screen recorder, CD burner, fix video metadata, etc.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, macOS 11 Big Sur, 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.