- 1. Edit iPhone Video+
- 1.1 how to reduce picture file size on iphone
- 1.2 play mp4 on ipad
- 1.3 zoom video iphone
- 1.4 resize video iphone
- 1.5 how to record youtube videos on iphone
- 1.6 mail drop iphone
- 1.7 how to brighten a video on iphone
- 1.8 how to compress photos on iphone
- 1.9 rotate image iphone
- 1.10 how to upload a video to youtube from iphone
- 1.11 how to post on instagram from iphone
- 1.12 how to transfer gopro videos to iphone
- 1.13 convert iphone to android
- 1.14 play mkv on iphone
- 1.15 reduce photo size iphone
- 1.16 how to upload videos from iphone to computer
- 1.17 how to import videos from iphone to mac
- 1.18 how to transfer videos from mac to iphone
- 1.19 how to crop a video on iphone
- 1.20 how to trim a video on iphone
- 1.21 download instagram video iphone
- 1.22 convert video to audio iphone
- 1.23 save youtube video to iphone
- 1.24 how to add videos to iphone
- 1.25 iphone subtitles
- 1.26 mac doesn t recognize iphone
- 1.27 time lapse iphone
- 1.28 how to remove sound from iphone video
- 1.29 how to merge videos on iphone
- 1.30 how to play videos on iphone
- 1.31 how to rotate a video on iphone
- 1.32 how to shrink a photo on iphone
- 1.33 transfer mp4 to iphone
- 1.34 how to crop a video on imovie iphone
- 1.35 how to send video from iphone to android
- 1.36 iphone video upside down
- 1.37 import video to iphone
- 2. Other Tips&Tricks+
- 2.1 change video orientation iphone
- 2.2 reduce video size iphone
- 2.3 iphone supported video formats
- 2.4 screen record iphone
- 2.5 iphone video format
- 2.6 remove audio from video iphone
- 2.7 how to clip a video on iphone
- 2.8 compress video on ipad
- 2.9 rotate iphone video on pc
- 2.10 resize photo iphone
- 2.11 iphone video converter
- 2.12 free video to iphone converter
- 2.13 record audio on iphone
- 2.14 how to upload video to iphone
- 2.15 how to send video from iphone without losing quality
- 2.16 share video iphone
- 2.17 iphone video player
- 2.18 no sound on iphone video
- 2.19 how to resize a picture on iphone
- 2.20 import videos from iphone to pc
- 2.21 how to speed up video on iphone
- 2.22 how to send video from android to iphone
- 2.23 youtube video downloader app for iphone
- 2.24 videos not playing on iphone
- 2.25 how to download video from google drive to iphone
How to Reduce Photo Size on iPhone Easily (iOS 13 included)
Due to the excellent quality of the iPhone camera, users are always taking pictures to keep memorable moments. However, some photos may be significant in size and hence occupy large iPhone storage. To be able to capture more valuable moments, it is vital to reduce photo size iPhone carries. Unfortunately, the Photo app on the iPhone does not provide a way of how to reduce photo size on iPhone. Therefore, you need to learn the various ways to reduce iPhone photo size MB. This article provides you with the best and easiest ways to make the iPhone photo file size smaller.
- Part 1. How to Reduce Photo Size on iPhone for Free
- Part 2. How to Reduce Photo Size on iPhone by Mail
- Part 3. How to Reduce iPhone Photo Size with Wondershare UniConverter
- Part 4. How to Reduce iPhone Photo Size Online
HEIC is gaining popularity as a great image format for the most recent iOS devices. Originally it was not recognized until Apple decided to use it as the default photo format. Although JPEG is more common, it does not mean that HEIC is a bad format. It is actually recommended because it offers better compression compared to JPEG. As a result, it uses lesser storage on your iPhone, and hence it the perfect format to reduce iPhone photo size MB. You can always change the format iPhone stores its photos if you are using iOS 11 and later.
The procedure below will assist in how to reduce photo size on iPhone for free by changing JPEG format to HEIC on iPhone.
Step 1: Open iPhone settings and Open Camera.
To change JPEG format to HEIC format, go to the iPhone home screen and open Settings. In the options that open up, scroll downwards to Camera and select it.
Step 2: Choose Formats.
In the next platform, tap on Formats.
Step 3: Choose High Efficiency.
iPhone allows you to take photos in two formats; High Efficiency and Most Compatible. High Efficiency ensures that your photos have a lower resolution, meaning that it reduces iPhone photo file size. Therefore, photos are saved in HEIC format. On the other hand, Most Compatible option results in photos of higher quality, which are in JPEG format. So, since your target is to reduce photo size iPhone takes, you must tap on the Higher Efficiency option to change the format from JPEG to HEIC.
One of the easiest ways of how to reduce photo size on iPhone is through Mail. The Mail sending feature changes the resolution of an image sent from your iPhone. It reduces the size to one of the various available options. As you use Mail as the resizing facility to alter iPhone photo size MB, remember that the resizing limit is 5 photos at once. What’s more, the original photos will no longer exist. Using Mail in how to downsize photos on iPhone is only advisable when you have no access to third party options.
To reduce photo size iPhone holds using Mail, carry out the following easy steps:
- Go to the Photos app and choose the photo that requires to be resized. Tap on the arrow icon known as Share.
- Select Mail and identify the recipient of the photo. If you simply want to do iPhone photo file size reduction only, use your email as recipient.
- Select Send to have access to the resizing options available.
- Tap on any of the following options from the 8MP iPhone camera and change photo resolution.
- Small- 320*240- it may be too small to be useful
- Medium- 640*480- it is basically small
- Large- 1632*1224- this is half the image size
- Actual- 3264*2448- this represents the full image size take from the iPhone camera. It is yet to be compressed or resized.
If you sent the images to yourself, save the resized images to your iPhone by tapping and holding onto them.
Wondershare UniConverter is the ultimate tool to help with how to reduce size of iPhone photo. The all-in-one solution comes with a toolbox containing many functions, including Image Converter. This tool changes the formats of the images while editing and resizing. It can handle the batch process and does not interfere with the quality. It resizes images by changing width and height.
Your Complete Video and Photo Toolbox
- Reduce iPhone photo size easily without losing any quality.
- Compress Photos size by changing aspect ratio, quality, size.
- Change video resolution, bit rate, format, file size and other parameters to reduce video size.
- 30 times faster than other common compressors thanks to the latest APEXTRANS technology.
- Trim, crop, add watermarks, apply effects to the video before conversion and compression.
- Download videos from website like YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and others by pasting URL.
- Versatile toolbox includes fixing video metadata, GIF maker, casting video to TV, DVD burner and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
With the instructions below, you will learn how to reduce photo file size on iPhone using Wondershare UniConverter.
Step 1 Run Wondershare Image Converter.
As soon as Wondershare UniConverter installation is complete, access the Toolbox section in the interface and select the Image Converter function to reduce image size iPhone contains.
Step 2 Upload Image to Resize.
When the Image Converter window opens, click on the + Add Images function and choose the images from iPhone to resize. When they are added successfully, the file thumbnails will indicate the image name, size, and format.
Step 3 Resize iPhone images.
Resizing is one of the editing options provided by Wondershare UniConverter. Other editing options include cropping and adding effects and watermark, among others. To proceed on how to reduce size of photo on iPhone, move the cursor on the picture to find the necessary resizing buttons. Click on the Setting function, which will open the Quality Setting window. Customize the image height and width by moving the bar to alter the quality of the image. When done, select OK to save the alterations.
Step 4 Complete Image Resizing.
When resizing is done, you may click on the Convert all button to complete the process.
Working online seems easier for most people. Therefore, Online UniConverter is the best online platform to conduct the process of how to reduce file size of photo on iPhone. The platform provides Image Compressor that compresses large image files and hence can adjust iPhone photo size MB. In the process to reduce photo size iPhone handles, the Image Compressor support batch image upload and works at a high compression speed. What’s more, it maintains the files in high definition.
You should choose Online UniConverter to help with how to make photo size smaller on iPhone because it is convenient and has no complications in the process to reduce photo size iPhone holds. Additionally, it takes the least time to reduce iPhone photo size MB. It also allows you to save either on a computer or Dropbox.
Online UniConverter guides you on how to decrease photo size on iPhone online using the following easy steps:
As soon as you transfer the iPhone photo to your computer:
Step 1: Upload the iPhone photos to the website.
Upload the iPhone images from your computer.
Step 2: Compress.
Online UniConverter comes with the Online Image Compressor, select the Compress function, and wait for the compression process to complete.
Step 3: Download the resized photos.
Download the compressed images or save them to your Dropbox.
You can acquire more iPhone storage to store more photos if you reduce iPhone photo size MB. The above 5 ways provide the easiest paths to making iPhone photo file size smaller. The most recommendable among these is Wondershare UniConverter since you can also use it to edit the photos beyond resizing.