- 1. Add Subtitles+
- 2. Extract Subtitles+
- 3. Download Subtitles+
- 4. Tips and Tricks+
- 4.1 Top 10 Subtitles Players
- 4.2 Play Dual Subtitles
- 4.3 Video Players with Subtitles
- 4.4 Convert IDX to SRT
- 4.5 Convert TXT to SRT
- 4.6 Convert SUB to SRT
- 4.7 Convert Video with subtitle
- 4.8 Best Subtitle Converters
- 4.9 Subtitle Editor Tools
- 4.1 Adjust Subtitle Delay in VLC
- 4.11 Best Subtitle Maker
- 4.12 Tips about Subtitle Editing
- 4.13 Synchronize Subtitle Tool
- 4.14What is Subtitle
- 4.15 Best Font for Subtitles
- 4.16 How to Create SRT File
- 4.17 Turn On/Off Subtitles
- 4.18 Add Text/Subtitles/Captions to iMovie
- 4.19 Several Tips about Subtitles in Windows Media Player
Top 5 Ways to Add Subtitles to YouTube Video
Watching videos on YouTube without getting confused due to the availability of subtitles or closed captions in your language is a beautiful experience. People from all around the world visit YouTube page with different needs and requirement and up to excellent extent availability of subtitles increase the interest of a user. Let’s see what makes a user look for and add subtitles to a YouTube video:
- Watching a video with its subtitles enhances understanding and visual experience.
- It understands an unknown language will no more difficulty with YouTube video tutorials with subsequent subtitles.
- Provide a platform for online learners.
- If accent or tone is unfamiliar to you, reading subtitles makes you watch the video with ease.
- The availability of Subtitles or Closed captions helps a video uploader in increasing user traffic and SEO ranking.
Due to the reasons mentioned above, make it imperative to add subtitles to a YouTube video. Thus, it is always wise to understand the process about how to add subtitles to YouTube videos.
- Part 1. Add Subtitles to YouTube Video with Wondershare Subtitle Tool
- Part 2. Add Captions to YouTube Video with YouTube Video Manager
- Part 3. Upload Subtitle to Your YouTube Video
- Part 4. Use Subtitle add-ons to Add YouTube Subtitle Online
- Part 5. Using YouTube Automatic Captioning
First, we start by recommending one of the best tools for Subtitle adding and editing tool, Wondershare Subtitle Tool, which will make subtitle related tasks well smooth and enable you to quickly get the opportunity to watch your favorite YouTube video without any difficulty with subtitles. Here, each step is crystal clear with easy to use interface.
Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Add, download, and edit subtitles with an all-in-one embedded subtitle tool.
- Convert to 1000+ formats, like AVI, MKV, MOV, MP4, etc.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your video files
- Stream your videos from Windows or Mac to other devices, including Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Xbox 360, or PS3
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
With this fantastic tool, you can easily add, search, download, and upload the appropriate Subtitle for your video. Besides that, you will be facilitated with various editing options such as adding font style, width, color, text location, transparency, etc. Not only this, but you can move towards video editing features also by selecting output format, resolution setting, cropping, adding effects, transferring data, downloading video, and lot more.
How to Add Subtitles to YouTube Videos?
Now lets we learn how to add closed captioning to YouTube video in the following steps. Before getting started, make sure to prepare a YouTube video on your computer first.
Step 1 Launch YouTube Subtitle Editor and Add Video.
First, launch the tool to open the main interface; from there, click Add Files to load video. Then below the uploaded one, click on either the Crop or Effect option. A dialog box will appear for further processing.
Step 2 Access Subtitle Window
In the next window, go to the Subtitle tab, and you will get two options as follows.
- If the subtitle is already present on your system, directly click on ... sign below the subtitle tab and load that
- If the subtitle is not available, click on the search bar > subtitle website will appear > so enter the video name or title in the search box > out of the given list, select the related subtitle > and upload that.
Step 3 Subtitle Editing
After loading the subtitle, you can make necessary changes to its looks in font style, size, positioning, audio volume, etc. Then enter the OK button to save all these changes.
Step 4 Additional Video Formatting
Further, to save video > select the output format (same or another one) > and press the Start All button > then open the Finished tab to locate your final video with subtitle added.
Seeing work done within a time frame without making any extra efforts is always delightful. The same experience you will get once all your subtitle adding process gets completed by Wondershare tool in no time, which might bring a smile on your face.
The next method that you can apply to add cc/subtitle to YouTube video will cover YouTube Video Manager. The process is quite useful in understanding how to add English subtitles to YouTube videos.
Step 1. Start with Signing to YouTube account > visit My Channel > Open VIDEO MANAGER.
Step 2. Over the chosen video, go to the Edit drop-down menu and click on Subtitles and CC.
Then choose to Add New Subtitles or CC > select language > Create new subtitles or CC.
Tips: You can use the video's play and pause button to select when you want to add the subtitles.
Step 3. To Enter the text, you need to click on + sign next to text area > add the text > You can adjust to set the length of the Subtitle using the Subtitle Bar present at either side of the Textbox.
Step 4. After done with all editing, publish it to upload the YouTube subtitles with the video.
This way, you can add subtitles to a video on YouTube by following the method explained above.
Now, we will tell you the process by which a Text Editor helps you add a cc to YouTube videos and make you understand how to add a cc to YouTube videos. Below is the step-by-step guide for your quick reference.
- Open the text editor.
- Create your subtitle, such as Subtitle Number (e.g., 1), Time Stamp (e.g., 01:20:05:00), reflecting one hour, 20 min, 5 seconds, and Text, sample text for a song. Check the image below to view the complete sample format.
- Then open the file menu to save as > file name with SRT extension > Save as all files type > Encoding as UTF-8 > Then click the Save button.
- Now you need to open YouTube Page > Visit My channel > Choose Video Manager > Then select Subtitles and CC >and click on Add new subtitles and CC.
- Next, you need to choose to Upload a File option > Then select the Subtitle File (Subtitle Notepad created and saved by your end) > Press Upload.
Also, you can make necessary changes by dragging the subtitle bar> and finally publish that. Now you know how to turn on cc on YouTube.
If you are looking out an online alternative instead of the traditional way to know how to add captions to YouTube, then the answer is in this part. Just read to know how to add subtitles to YouTube videos online easily.
Step 1. Select Video to Add Subtitle
First, visit https://substital.com/; you need to select the video at the search bar (For Chrome or Firefox users) to add subtitles to YouTube videos online.
Step 2. Search Subtitles to Choose
Now you need to search the Subtitles and select the required one.
Step 3. Adjust Preferences
You can adjust the preference for the subtitles such as font color, background, size, etc.
This way, you can go about how to add closed captioning to YouTube videos.
If worried about the mismatch of time and speech wordings, then follow the following steps to know how to turn off/on subtitles on YouTube automatically.
Step 1. Login to the account >; Open My Channel > Visit Video Manager (List of Videos appear) > next to the selected video whose Subtitle you wish to add, visit Edit > Subtitles and CC > Add New Subtitles or CC > Then choose Transcribe and Auto Sync.
Step 2. Doing so will appear the text area next to the video > define language (Say English) > In the text area, you need to type word by word as is given in the audio of selected video > after that, press Set timings, which will set the timings of the speech as per the video automatically > finally Publish it.
By now, you know how to add subtitles to YouTube videos, so log in to YouTube to apply this method to other videos too.
Being a user, it becomes easy to understand a video of foreign accents or language due to subtitles' availability. Besides that, it adds much value to a video for a video channel owner in gaining user traffic to its channel. So, it is essential to add captions to YouTube videos, using the best method will help you a lot. Most of the plans for adding subtitles to YouTube videos have their prime motive limited to adding subtitles only. Still, if you go with Wondershare, your application area will reach much beyond several varied features. So waiting for what, go, and have the best tool.