- 1. Edit GoPro+
- 1.1 Import Gopro Video to Mac
- 1.2 Edit GoPro Videos on Mac
- 1.3 Download GoPro Videos
- 1.4 Edit GoPro Video
- 1.5 Gopro Studio
- 1.6 Rotate Gopro Video
- 1.7 Import Gopro Photo to Mac
- 1.8 Gopro Photo Editor
- 1.9 GoPro Video Format
- 1.10 Quik App
- 1.11 GoPro Quik
- 1.12 GoPro Cineform Studio
- 1.13 GoPro Quik Alternative
- 1.14 GoPro Tutorial
- 1.15 GoPro 4k
- 1.16 GoPro Underwater Camera
- 1.17 How to Connect GoPro to Mac
- 1.18 GoPro Not Showing Up on Mac
- 1.19 GoPro Instagram
- 1.20 How to Flip GoPro Video
- 1.21 GoPro Video Player
- 1.22 GoPro Time Lapse Video
- 1.23 GoPro Video Stabilization
- 1.24 GoPro Live Stream
- 1.25 GoPro Live Stream Youtube
- 2. GoPro Software+
- 2.1 GoPro Software
- 2.2 GoPro Video Editor
- 2.3 GoPro Quik Mac
- 2.4 Gopro Studio VS Quik
- 2.5 Quik Video Editor
- 2.6 Camera GoPro 4k
- 2.7 GoPro Underwater
- 2.8 GoPro Desktop App
- 2.9 Gopro App Download
- 2.10 Gopro Desktop Software
- 2.11 Gopro App for Mac
- 2.12 Gopro Software mac
- 2.13 Gopro Video Editor for Mac
- 2.14 Gopro Video Converter
- 2.15 GoPro Editing App
- 2.16 Free GoPro Editing Software
- 2.17 Video Stabilization Software
- 3. Other Tips& Tricks+
Best GoPro Video Player to View and Edit GoPro Video
Are you looking for the best GoPro Hero 6 video player or the best GoPro video player for PC? Awesome! In this post, you will learn about the best GoPro video player that you can use to view and edit your GoPro videos. You’ll also learn how to watch GoPro videos on computer or TV with the best GoPro video player and how to solve common issues related to the use of GoPro cameras. Now, let’s dive right in!
- Part 1. How to Watch GoPro Videos on Computer or TV with the Best Gopro Video Player
- Part 2. How to Solve if GoPro Videos Can't be Played Properly on Computer
GoPro cameras record videos and store them in HEVC and MP4 formats. While some TVs and video player and video editing programs can view or edit MP4 format videos, HEVC requires a high-end graphics card to play smoothly and may not be supported by some TVs and video players. That means you need an excellent GoPro video player or editor to view or edit your GoPro footage. Thankfully, there’s a fantastic tool that allows you to view and edit your GoPro videos; it’s called Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate). This tool is a swift, simple, flexible, and powerful computer application with a full-featured file converter and video editor that allows you to convert files in a minute, turn your raw GoPro video into a professional movie.
The program has an intuitive interface with powerful features that you can easily use to trim, flip, merge, crop, rotate, and compress your GoPro videos or add text, music, effects, and highlights to it. If required, you can use the software to convert your GoPro videos into a format supported by your video player or as a media server to play and cast your videos to TV. That makes this software perfect for viewing and editing videos and for making videos that you can view, upload, or play on any device.
Wondershare UniConverter - Best GoPro Video Toolbox Mac/Windows (Catalina Included)
- Cast GoPro videos to TV smoothly including MP4. MKV. WMV, AVI, and more other video formats.
- Edit GoPro videos with trimming, cropping, rotating, adding subtitles, and more others.
- Convert GoPro videos to 1000+ formats with high-quality output.
- Customize GoPro 4K videos by changing resolution, bit rate, encoder, frame rate, etc.
- 30X faster conversion speed than common converters with unique APEXTRANS technology.
- Burn GoPro videos to DVD or Blu-ray disc with free DVD menu templates.
- Transfer videos from computer to iPhone, iPad and other devices directly and vice versa.
- Versatile toolbox: Add video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, video compressor and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
How to watch GoPro videos with Wondershare UniConverter?
To watch GoPro videos with Wondershare UniConverter, you need to use it as a media server to play or cast your videos to Tv or as a media converter to format your videos into a codec (or format) that is compatible with your TV or video players. Follow the steps below to cast your videos to TV.
Video Tutorial: Wondershare UniConverter - Stream to TV
Step 1 Install and launch Wondershare UniConverter
Install the tool from Wondershare’s official website and launch it. Go to the “Toolbox” section and click cast to TV option to open the “Wondershare media servers” window.
Step 2 Connect your PC to your device
If the GoPro videos you want to stream to your big screen TV is on your PC, make sure you’re using a smart TV and connected to the same network to your computer. If you’re going to stream your GoPro videos from DLNA, Roku, PS3, Apple TV, and Chromecast, make sure you connect them to TV and choose your devices' names from the devices listed on your screen.
Step 3 Add your videos
The software will automatically scan your PC for movies by default so, you can switch to computer category, music, home video, or TV show and click scan to search videos from your computer disk. Also, you can add the videos manually by clicking on the “import” button.
Step 4 Play and stream your videos
Move your mouse pointer over the video, and you’ll see a Wi-Fi-like-icon, click on it to play, or stream your videos on a big screen.
Although GoPro cameras are great for recording epic 4K footages of @ 60fps that you can share on social media platforms, the videos they create are sometimes non-editable and unplayable when you load it to your computer. Below are some of the issues you may encounter while using a GoPro camera.
- GoPro videos are not loadable to your Mac or PC
- You cannot open some GoPro videos transferred to your PC
- You cannot view GoPro videos on the camera or your PC
- The video playback is blurred, off-colored or pixelated
- The video playback for GoPro video is unstable and choppy
Some of the reasons and solutions for these issues include:
Reason 1: Your video playing software has little or no support for 4K resolution.
Use another video viewing program, especially one that supports 8K, 5K, and 4K UHD videos. You can try programs like QuickTime, VLC, and 5K player, etc.
Reason 2: Your hardware or system devices are not optimized for 4K
Your system may lack the required specs for 4K and GoPro footages playback. So, your system will not be able to open the video.
Prepare for an upgrade. Make sure you select a system that meets the minimum requirement to playback 4K videos. The least requirement includes:
- Memory: 8GB of RAM
- GPU Video RAM: 1GB
- Storage: 7200 RPM SSD or HDD
- GPU: Intel HD Graphics 5000 or better
- Processor: Intel Core i7 or better, GeForce GTX 650 Ti or better, AMD A10-7800 APU
Integrated Graphics and AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series or better.
If you don’t want to make any upgrade and the processing power of your device is not strong enough, then you can convert the videos with higher resolutions to lower resolution. (e.g., from 8K to 2K).
Reason 3: Your software or hardware does not support HEVC format or codecs
- Upgrade or update your GPU to at least AMD A10-7800 APU, GeForce GTX 650 Ti, or the likes
- Change your video player to an HEVC supported or capable player
- Make use of DirectX Video Acceleration
- Convert your GoPro video from HEVC to a format supported by your video player
Reason 4: Your Mac/PC has insufficient space to save large GoPro videos
- Use an external hard drive to save GoPro videos and other files and free up your system’s internal storage.
- Archive your files, clean up your hard disk drive, and delete useless and junky files to free up your hard disk.
- Upload and save your GoPro videos to the cloud drive.
Reason 5: You have some incompatible applications on your system
Delete, uninstall, or temporarily disable the apps that may not be compatible with the GoPro app like the preinstalled Sony Vaio.
We hope this article has opened your eyes to the best GoPro video player and shown you the common issues with GoPro videos and how to fix it. If you find this piece interesting and educating, feel free to share it with your friends.