- 1. Convert Audio to MP3+
- 1.1 Convert WAV to MP3
- 1.2 Convert M4A to MP3 Mac
- 1.3 M4A to MP3 Online Converter
- 1.4 Convert M4A to MP3 Audacity
- 1.5 M4A to MP3 iTunes
- 1.6 M4A to MP3 Converter Free
- 1.7 M4A to MP3
- 1.8 Convert WMA to MP3
- 1.9 WMA to MP3 iTunes
- 1.10 Convert FLAC to MP3 Mac
- 1.11 FLAC to MP3 Online
- 1.12 Free FLAC to MP3 Converters
- 1.13 FLAC to MP3 Converter
- 1.14 WMA to MP3
- 1.15 WMA to MP3 Online
- 1.16 WMA to MP3 Converter Free
- 1.17 WMA to MP3 Windows Media Player
- 1.18 Free WAV to MP3 Converter
- 1.19 Convert AAC to MP3
- 1.20 AAC to MP3 iTunes
- 1.21 Convert AMR to MP3
- 1.22 Convert AIFF to MP3
- 1.23 Convert OGG to MP3
- 1.24 Convert M4P to MP3
- 1.25 Convert 3GPP to MP3
- 1.26 Convert M4R to MP3
- 1.27 Convert CAF to MP3
- 1.28 Convert AC3 to MP3
- 1.29 Convert Opus to MP3
- 1.30 Convert Audio to MP3
- 1.31 M4B Audiobook to MP3
- 2. Convert Video to MP3+
- 2.1 Convert MP4 to MP3
- 2.2 Convert MP4 to MP3 iTunes
- 2.3 MP4 to MP3 Converter Online
- 2.4 Convert MOV to MP3
- 2.5 MPEG to MP3
- 2.6 Convert WMV to MP3
- 2.7 Convert FLV to MP3
- 2.8 Convert MKV to MP3
- 2.9 Convert Facebook Video to MP3
- 2.10 Convert M4V to MP3
- 2.11 Convert AVI to MP3
- 2.12 Convert M2TS to MP3
- 2.13 Free FLV to MP3 Converter
- 2.14 Convert VLC to MP3
- 2.15 Free MP4 to MP3 Converter
- 2.16 Convert ASF to MP3
- 2.17 Convert F4V to MP3
- 2.18 Convert WebM to MP3
- 2.19 Convert VOB to MP3
- 2.20 Convert SWF to MP3
How to Convert WMA to MP3 in Windows Media Player
WMA audio format has become popular over the years, but despite the popularity, it is still unsupported by several popular players. This necessitates the need to convert WMA to MP3 format, a more portable audio format. If you're a Windows user, you must have heard of the default Windows Media Player functions as WMA to MP3 converter, but it doesn't apply to the latest WMP version any more unless with a third-party tool. Don't worry, the article will offer you 2 alternatives to convert WMA to MP3 Windows Media Player.
- Part 1. How to Convert WMA to MP3 in Windows Media Player with Switch
- Part 2. Best WMP Alternative to Convert WMA to MP3 with Ease
In the following, I am going to take you through every step on how to change WMA file to MP3 in Windows Media Player with the help of Switch.
Step 1. First of all, you need to get WMA file from CD to your computer. Insert CD and open it with Windows Media Player, click on Tools > Options and select Rip Music tab. Then specify the location you want ot rip music to and choose MP3 as the Format. After that hit OK to proceed.
Step 2. As mentioned before, to turn WMA file to MP3, you need a third-party tool. Here we recommend Switch, a popular sound converter for Windows and Mac that allowing you to successfully help Windows Media Player convert to MP3. Install it on your PC and launch it afterwards.
Step 3. Click on Add folder on the main interface of Switch and select the folder where you had your ripped music saved in .wma. Generally, the default location is in the local My Music folder.
Step 4. Click on the drop-down beside Output Format and select MP3 as the destination format.
Step 5. Now select all the files that you want to convert to MP3 from the list of Switch's user interface. Hit the Convert button to start changing WMA file to MP3.
It doesn't take a genius to find the complexity of converting WMA to WAV, MP3, and other file formats in Windows Media Player, as it's media player rather than a converting tool: the whole process is cumbersome and time-consuming. Therefore, a powerful and professional MP3 converter is quite necessary, we strongly recommend Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) here. It comes built with a tone of features including support for 1000+ audio/video formats, batch conversion, video editor and more. As a plus, Wondershare also allows you to convert files stored online and post the converted files to your favorite social media websites like YouTube and Facebook.
Wondershare UniConverter - Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Convert WMA to WAV, MP3, M4A, AVI, MKV, MOV and other 1000+ file formats
- Convert to optimized preset for almost all of the devices
- 30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters
- Edit, enhance & personalize your video files
- Burn video to playable DVD with attractive free DVD template
- Download or record videos from video sharing sites
- Versatile toolbox combines fix video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, Video Compressor and screen recorder
- Stream your videos from Windows or Mac to other devices, including Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Xbox 360 or PS3
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Simple Tutorial on How to Convert WMA to MP3 Using Wondershare UniConverter:
Follow the steps below to learn how to quickly transform audio files to MP3 file format.
Step 1 Add WMA to Wondershare WMA to MP3 Converter
Download Wondershare audio converter on your PC and open it after intallation, then click from the main interface to import the WMA files you want to convert to .mp3 file format.
Step 2 Select MP3 as The Target Format
Click beside Convert all files to: to get the full list of media formats, go to Audio > MP3 and select your desired audio quality in the right. This would help you to batch selecting MP3 as the target format for all the loaded WMA files.
Step 3 Start Converting to MP3
Go to Output in the bottom-left to customize the desination folder for the output files, then click Convert or Convert All to initiate the batch conversion right away.
Step 4 Get The Converted MP3 Files
Once the WMA to MP3 conversion completes, you can switch to the Converted tab to get the converted .mp3 files.
Although it's possible to make Windows Media Player convert WMA format to MP3 format, it's not recommended as it's not built for converting. On the contrary, Wondershare UniConverter is specially designed for one-stop converting solution while still retaining the simplicity that anyone can use, come to download it for a free trial.