- 1. Convert WAV to Other Formats+
- 2. Convert Other Formats to WAV+
- 2.1 Convert M4A to WAV
- 2.2 Convert Opus to WAV
- 2.3 Convert 3GP to WAV
- 2.4 Convert AAC to WAV
- 2.5 Convert AIFF to WAV
- 2.6 Convert OGG to WAV
- 2.7 Convert DTS to WAV
- 2.8 Convert WebM to WAV
- 2.9 Convert SF2 to WAV
- 2.10 Convert FLAC to WAV
- 2.11 Convert MPEG to WAV
- 2.12 Convert MIDI to WAV
- 2.13 Convert AMR to WAV
- 2.14 Convert APE to WAV
- 2.15 Convert CDA to WAV
- 2.16 Convert CAF to WAV
- 2.17 Convert iTunes to WAV
- 2.18 Convert FLAC to WAV online
- 3. WAV Tools+
- 3.1 Video to WAV Converters
- 3.2 Convert WAV to MP3 with VLC
- 3.3 Convert M4A to WAV on Mac
- 3.4 Convert M4A to WAV with Audacity
- 3.5 Convert WAV Ringtones
- 3.6 Convert SoundCloud to WAV
- 3.7 WAV Bitrate Solution
- 3.8 Increase WAV Volume
- 3.9 Record WAV on Windows 10
- 3.10 Edit WAV Files
- 3.11 Cut or Trim WAV Files
iTunes to WAV: How to Convert iTunes Music to WAV Easily
iTunes music files are mainly used for playback on Apple devices, and thus, if you try playing these files on non-Apple devices, you may face compatibility issues. So, to make iTunes music accessible by regular players, you need to convert them to a widely used format like WAV, and for this, conversion tools are available. The article below throws light on the popular iTunes to WAV converting tools.
- Part 1. Does iTunes Support WAV Files
- Part 2. How to Convert iTunes songs to wav Using iTunes
- Part 3. How to Convert iTunes music to WAV without iTunes
Developed by Apple, iTunes is a media management app that helps in organizing multimedia files on Apple and Windows systems. Additionally, the app can also be used for purchasing and downloading the files, ripping songs from the CD, and playing the media files.
The iTunes music library supports WAV, AIFF, MP3, AAC, and Apple Lossless formats. The music files in iTunes have attributes that are called metadata having information like the name of the album, artist, year of release, artwork, and more. This metadata information can be edited by the user if required.
Though WAV is a supported iTunes format, it is not recommended as it does not have the standard for the tags. So, when the WAV files in iTunes are transferred or copied, the tags are lost. Thus, WAV is not considered to be a suitable file for iTunes.
iTunes works as a decent file conversion tool and can be used for converting your M4A and other iTunes files to WAV without any need for additional software. The process involves a few steps, after which the converted file is saved to the iTunes library along with the original file.
Steps for iTunes WAVE conversion using iTunes:
Step 1: Launch the iTunes app on your system and then navigate to the menu bar and choose iTunes> Preferences> General> Import Settings.
Step 2: At the Import Using tab, select WAV Encoder, and then hit on the OK to confirm.
Step 3: Next, select the iTunes file that you want to convert. Move to the menu bar, and select File > Convert > Create WAV Version, and with this iTunes convert to WAV, and the file will be saved to the iTunes library.
The iTunes method of conversion is simple, but if you are looking for batch processing, editing, and other additional features, professional software like Wondershare UniConverter must be used. This is a desktop-based software that can work on all your latest Windows and Mac system and supports converting files in more than 1000 formats, including iTunes to WAV. With batch processing, multiple files can be processed at a time, and you can rest assured about the lossless conversion quality.
Your Complete Video Toolbox for Windows/Mac
- Convert your iTunes audio files to WAV and a host of other features.
- Convert video in Lossless quality with batch processing support.
- It allows customizing file parameters and editing of the files.
- Video downloads from more than 10,000 sites are supported.
- It allows compressing files with customized settings.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Steps for converting iTunes to WAV using Wondershare UniConverter:
Step 1 Add iTunes files to the software.
Run the Wondershare UniConverter software on your system and choose the Audio Converter option from the left panel on the main interface. From the right-side panel, click on the + sign or the add files icon to browse and load the iTunes file to be converted.
Step 2 Choose WAV as the target format.
The list of the target formats can be opened by expanding the drop-down menu at the Output Format tab at the bottom-left of the interface, click Audio > WAV, and choose the quality solution.
Step 3 Convert iTunes to WAV.
Select the location of the system to save the converted file from the File Location tab and click on the Start All button to start the file processing. The converted files on the software interface can be checked from the Finished tab.
The above steps are for the Windows version of the software, and the same can also be used to convert M4A to WAV Mac.
There are other tools and programs for converting iTunes to WAV available as well. You can check the features, pros, and cons of these tools to pick the most suitable one. We have shortlisted the 3 other commonly used programs in the category.
Available for download on Windows and Mac, this is a popular software used for converting iTunes and Apple Music to MP3, WAV, AAC, and FLAC formats. The program also allows recording the iTunes M4P music and audiobook along with Apple music files. The file processing using the software is fast and results in lossless quality while maintaining the ID3 tags information.
- Maintain the ID3 tags information during the conversion process.
- Super-fast conversion speed with lossless quality files.
- The target formats are limited.
- File editing options are limited.
This is a powerful tool that works with Apple Music, iTunes music as well as audiobooks and allows converting them to WAV, MP3, AAC, and FLAC formats. The program maintains the audio quality and also the ID3 tags even after the conversion. Additional features of the software include 1-click to burn Apple Music to CD, the option to upload and share Apple music to OneDrive or Google Drive, and more.
- It retains file metadata and quality after the conversion.
- Support for Windows and Mac with a user-friendly interface.
- There is no option for editing the file information.
For quick and hassle-free conversion of your iTunes files to WAV and other audio formats, Aimersoft works as a great tool. The program also supports converting the audiobooks as well as the DRM-protected files. There is support for batch processing as well as device-specific conversion. You can even edit the output parameters of the file if required.
- It converts iTunes music files, audiobooks as well as DRM-protected files.
- Support for a wide range of output formats.
- It doesn't support burning video and audio data to CDs and DVDs.
- The conversion speed is not very fast.
Choose from the above listed iTunes WAV converter analyzing the features required and the files to be converted.