- 1. Convert to DVD+
- 2. Tips for Playing DVD+
- 3. Convert DVD to Video+
- 3.1 Convert DVD to MP4
- 3.2 Convert DVD to MP4 Free
- 3.3 Convert DVD to MP4 VLC
- 3.4 Convert DVD to AVI Free
- 3.5 Convert DVD to DivX/Xvid
- 3.6 Convert DVD to MP3 Free
- 3.7 DVD to iPad
- 3.8 Convert DVD to Digital Files
- 3.9 Convert DVD to AVI with Handbrake
- 3.10 Convert DVD to MPEG
- 3.11 Convert DVD to MKV
- 3.12 Download DVD to Computer
- 4. Other DVD Tips & Tricks +
- 4.1 Import DVD to iTunes
- 4.2 Stream DVD to TV
- 4.3 Edit VOB or DVD Files
- 4.4 Cast DVD to Chromecast
- 4.5 Compress Video for DVD
- 4.6 Windows DVD Maker Won't Burn MOV
- 4.7 Windows DVD Maker Not Burn AVI
- 4.8 Fix Windows DVD Maker Won't Burn MKV Issue
- 4.9 Alternatives to Nero DVD Burner
- 4.10 Top 5 Audio DVD Burners
- 4.11 Online DVD Burners
How to Stream DVD to TV with Chromecast?
How can I cast DVD from computer to TV using Chromecast? --- A Qustion from Chromecast Help Forum
You probably have the same problem to stream DVD to TV if you're a Chromecast user. Using Google Chromecast is an easy and convenient way of casting all favorite apps and entertainments to bigger TV from laptop, tablet and smartphone. This is interesting to use for its powerful and great streaming ability. This makes it different from the rest as it comes at its beatable price. Even though you will not be using this all the time, you will still be getting a good value from spending your money to it.
To first give you an understanding of the Chromecast, this is a streaming device that can be plugged into HDMI port right through your TV to cast music, photo and video to HDTV from your tablet and smartphone. The impressive thing about this sticker will work well with a lot of apps such as HBO GO, Pandora, WatchESPN, Netflix and more. Even Google will simply be after updating it regularly for famous dongles.
Due to the popularity of Chromecast, it has become the common solution for people who are interested in streaming PC DVD to TV. This is a convenient solution because they do not yet require a DVD player for TV now.
- Part 1. 2 Ways to Stream DVD to TV with Chromecast
- Part 2. Steps to Stream DVD to TV with Chromecast Using Each of the Suggested Software
Solution 1: Copy DVD and convert DVD videos to the format that can be Chromecast to TV.
One of the ways to Chromecast DVD to TV is by means of copying the DVD and converting it to the formats like MP4, WebM that can be Chromecast to TV, learn more Chromecast supported formats. Three of the suggested software introduced include of the following:
- Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate)
- DVD Cloner Platinum
- WinX DVD Ripper Platinum
Solution 2: Play DVD on PC and then stream to TV
With the help of stream function of Wondershare UniConverter, DVD cloner platinum or WinX DVD Ripper Platinum, you can stream DVD to TV easily.
But no matter which solution you use, you will need a program to stream video to TV via Chromecast, so we will introduce how to fullfil it as below.
As a media server, Wondershare UniConverter supports both Windows and Mac system, following we will mainly introduce the steps with the Windows system, but if you're a Mac user, you can follow the similar way to go ahead.
Step 1 Add DVD files to Wondershare UniConverter.
Firstly, you need to download, install and launch Wondershare UniConverter on your computer, you will enter the Convert section by default. Click the Load DVD button to add DVD videos to the software.
Step 2 Convert DVD videos to Chromecast compatible format like MP4.
Click the drop-down icon beside Convert all files to: to enter the format panel, you can choose Video > WAV and the resolution. You're optional to click the Edit icon beside the resolution to customize your format. Then click the Convert All button to convert DVD videos to MP4. After a while, you can find the converted DVD files by tapping the Output icon.
Step 3 Cast DVD to TV via Chromecast.
Go to the Toolbox section, and click Cast to TV to enter the Wondershare Media Server window. Click the Import icon to enter the converted video from your PC. Then connect your PC with the Chromecast device, and make sure your TV and Chromecast are under the same Wifi network. Choose Chromecast at the bottom of the interface, anc click the Play icon to play video on your PC, then you can see the video on your TV as well. So you have succeeded in streaming DVD to TV.
2. DVD Cloner Platinum
Apart from WonderShare UniConverter, you can simply make use of WinX DVD Ripper Platinum in converting DVD into a format that is best compatible to Chromecast. But it can't support the video streaming function.
- Add the DVD.
- Choose the Output Profile.
- Set the Destination Folder.
- Start Ripping the DVD to PC.
- Cast/Stream Local DVD Movies to Chromecast.
3. WinX DVD Ripper Platinum
- Download and Install a DVD Cloner Platinum- The impressive thing about this is that it is made more compatible with Windows 7/8/XP/Vista.
- Launch the DVD Movie to Chromecast Converter. And then, have the movie DVD inserted.
- Choose the Output Format to Rip the Movie.
- Start the DVD Movie to television with Chromecast.
With all of the suggested software’s to use to Chromecast DVD to TV, it would simply be a lot easier for anyone to perform this task. To broaden your understanding about Chromecast, take note that this is not just fully intended for video. You may also effectively use it in streaming other stuffs.
One of the most impressive features of Chromecast is that it comes at its cheaper price. This can also provide you with the simplest way of sending videos from the Smartphone or tablet to your television. This is such a genius and this is more than just a simple video streamer.
And just like others, this also has its some minor issues that need to be addressed by every interested user. Sending video files from mobile devices to television by means of Chromecast is also one issue. And thus, there is a need to make use of software or an app. It is good news that applications and software’s have already been mentioned in this article. Just choose from any of the options to Chrome cast DVD to TV the easier way.
But above all these, the connectivity is also considered to be the biggest factor to stream to the Chromecast. If Chromecast has its communication problem with the wireless access point, you need to accept it that the playback will also be painful.
Now, you have learned more about Chromecast particularly the two ways to Chromecast DVD to TV and the additional bonus of using each of the suggested software. There is no doubt that Wondershare UniConverter would be the outstanding program to meet your various video needs. So download it to have a free try now!
Wondershare UniConverter - Best Video Converter for Windows / Mac (Catalina Included)
- Cast videos in Any format to TV easily.
- Convert videos to MP4, MOV, AVI, WMV, FLV, MKV and other 1000 formats.
- Convert multiple files to other format in batch without any quality loss.
- Convert videos to optimized preset for almost all of the devices, like iPhone, iPad, HuaWei phone etc.
- 30X faster conversion speed than common converters with unique APEXTRANS technology.
- Powerful editing tools help customize your videos, like trimming, cropping, adding watermark, subtitles etc.
- Burn and customize videos to your DVD or Blu-ray disc with free DVD menu templates.
- Download or record videos from YouTube and other 10,000+ video sharing sites.
- Transfer videos from computer to iPhone, iPad and other devices directly and vice versa.
- Versatile toolbox: Add video metadata, GIF maker, video compressor and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6