- 1. Add Subtitles+
- 2. Extract Subtitles+
- 3. Download Subtitles+
- 4. Tips and Tricks+
- 4.1 Top 10 Subtitles Players
- 4.2 Play Dual Subtitles
- 4.3 Video Players with Subtitles
- 4.4 Convert IDX to SRT
- 4.5 Convert TXT to SRT
- 4.6 Convert SUB to SRT
- 4.7 Convert Video with subtitle
- 4.8 Best Subtitle Converters
- 4.9 Subtitle Editor Tools
- 4.1 Adjust Subtitle Delay in VLC
- 4.11 Best Subtitle Maker
- 4.12 Tips about Subtitle Editing
- 4.13 Synchronize Subtitle Tool
- 4.14What is Subtitle
- 4.15 Best Font for Subtitles
- 4.16 How to Create SRT File
- 4.17 Turn On/Off Subtitles
- 4.18 Add Text/Subtitles/Captions to iMovie
- 4.19 Several Tips about Subtitles in Windows Media Player
Top 2 Ways to Extract YouTube Subtitles with Ease
Downloading YouTube videos along with subtitles facilitates watching movies in a foreign language with ease. Captions work great to understand the dialogues in situations when the background audio is too high or the dialogues are not audible. Moreover, videos with subtitles are beneficial for people who are hard of hearing. So to help you extract YouTube subtitles with videos, enlisted below are the best tools.
- Part 1. How to Export YouTube Auto-Generated Captions with Ease
- Part 2. How to Extract Subtitles from YouTube with Uniconveter
- Part 3. Bonus Tricks for YouTube Captioning and Subtitling
Below are the steps to extract subtitles from YouTube which are auto-generated.
Step 1: Open the YouTube site on your system browser and click on the sign-in icon on the top-right corner.
Step 2: After entering the user account details, click on the Creator Studio button next to the settings icon.
Step 3: Next, expand the drop-down options at the Edit menu and choose Subtitles and CC option.
Step 4: Under the PUBLISHED option choose English (Automatic).
Step 5: Now open the options under the Actions tab and choose .srt option. The captions for the video will be downloaded as SRT file with captipon.srt name.
To extract YouTube subtitles with ease you require an effective tool like Wondershare Uniconverter. It is enough if you follow a few steps to complete this task. When you extract the YouTube subtitles the audience can clearly understand the content in the video without dilemmas. It brings meaning to the videos and assists the viewer to obtain better knowledge.
Wondershare UniConverter - Best Subtitle Tool MOV Mac/Windows (Catalina Included)
- Best tool to extract YouTube subtitles in just one click.
- Allows you to download the favourite tracks from the online website like YouTube,Facebook,BBC and 1000+ websites.
- Ease transfer of video files to external devices like iPhone, Android, USB flash drives etc.
- Video conversion to VR format is feasible in this platform.
- Quickly fix the metadata information in the videos and audio.
Easy Way to Extract YouTube Subtitles
Step 1 Enter the URL
Select the Downloader tab on the top menu of the screen. It leads to a download window where you are going to extract the subtitles from YouTube.
Step 2 Extract the YouTube Subtitle
1.In the Downloader menu you have to click the button. A window pops up stating to paste the URL of your favourite YouTube track.
2.A subtitle window opens analyzing the video content. In the last menu the Download Subtitles you have to tick the checkbox stating the Original Subtitles and select the Language option as English.
3.Finally, tap the Download button to extract the YouTube subtitles effectively.
Below are some useful tricks while extracting subtitles and captions.
1. How to Auto Translate YouTube Captions
If you want to translate the captions of your Youtube videos, Google Translate works as a decent option. For this method to work, the original caption file needs to be there. You can either create the captions through the automatic captioning feature of the YouTube or file submission to a captioning organization can also be done. After the caption file is successfully added to the video, translation can be done using the below steps.
Step 1: Open the YouTube page and click on the sign-in icon at the top-right corner. Enter the login details, move the mouse over the Creator Studio button and choose Video Manager. Next, hit on the Edit button under the video file that you want to translate.
Step 2: From the video editor, choose the Subtitles/CC tab.
Step 3: Now when you choose to Add new subtitles or CC option there will be a search bar where you can select the language to which you wish to translate the captions.
Step 4: From the new menu that appears on the left side, choose Create new subtitles or CC option.
Step 5: The YouTube video editing interface will appear now. Select the Autotranslate tab above the transcript option.
Step 6: Under the original script the translations will appear and this can be edited by hitting on the translated version.
Step 7: After all settings and editing are done, click on the Publish button.
2. How to Change the Position of YouTube Subtitles
The placement of the captions on your YouTube can be edited if needed. To change the position of the YouTube video captions you can simply drag the captions to the desired location using the mouse. The solution works for your own as well as other videos.
3. How to Adjust YouTube Subtitles with Shortcuts
The subtitles for the YouTube files can be adjusted using the shortcuts on the keyboards. The feature works well with users having difficulty with the mouse like people with low vision, motor disabilities, and others.
To C key on the keyboard can be used to turn the captions on or off as needed. The caption size can be increased using the + key while the size can be decreased using the – (minus) key.
Thus using online and other SRT extractor tools, captions from YouTube videos can be extracted simply.