Free MP4 Converters
- 1. Free MP4 Converters+
- 2. Online Video to MP4 Converter+
- 3. Online MP4 to Video Converter+
- 3.1 MP4 to MP3 Converter Online
- 3.2 Convert MP4 to 3GP Online
- 3.3 Convert MP4 to DIVX Online
- 3.4 Convert MP4 to SWF Online
- 3.5 Convert MP4 to M4V Online
- 3.6 MP4 to FLV Converter Online
- 3.7 MP4 to FLV Converter Online
- 3.8 MP4 to WMA Converter Online
- 3.9 MP4 to MPG Converter Online
- 3.10 Convert MP4 to OGG Online
- 3.11 MP4 to WAV Converter Online
- 3.12 Convert MP4 to OGV Online
- 3.13 Convert MP4 to WMV Online
- 3.14 MP4 to WEBM Converter Online
- 3.15 MP4 to MOV Converter Online
- 3.16 MP4 to AVI Converter Online
- DVD Users
- Social Media Users
- Camera Users
- Creative Design
- Movie Users
- Travelling Fans
- Educational Users
- More Solutions
- Game Lovers
Best MP4 to WAV Converters Online: How to Convert MP4 to WAV without Any Hassle
by Christine Smith • 2023-06-01 14:01:14 • Proven solutions
How do I convert an MP4 to a WAV? --- A question from Quora
When it comes to playing media on different types of devices or over the web, MP4 is the most commonly and popularly used format. MP4 is a container format, and thus apt for playing media with multiple content types. But, if your requirement is the soundtrack or the audio file, then having them in an audio format like WAV is the best choice. Then it comes to the need to convert MP4 to WAV online. There are many situations when you would need to convert MP4 files to WAV format. When your favorite audio content is available in the MP4 format over the web, you can download the file and then do the conversion. If you have a large number of files in the MP4 format which you only use for the audio purpose, converting them to WAV makes sense. The conversion of the files will not save the files, but will also make them compatible with an array of audio-specific devices. So to make your task easier, we guide you with the best MP4 to WAV Converter Online tools and other programs.
- Part 1. 5 Best MP4 to WAV Converters Online
- Part 2. The Best Alternative to MP4 to WAV Converter Online
- Part 3. Extended Knowledge about Converting MP4 to WAV Online
Part 1. 5 Best MP4 to WAV Converters Online
Online file converters are tools that allow file conversion between an array of formats. As the name suggests, these programs are available online and are simple to use. Listed below are the top programs to Convert MP4 to WAV Online.
It is another name in the list of top online MP4 to WAV file conversion tools. The program is free to use and allows converting a wide range of file types, including video, audio, music, eBook, image, CAD, and others. The converter has a simple-to-use interface, with fast speed, and the converted files are sent to the email IDs.
- It supports a wide range of file types and formats.
- Free to use.
- Fast speed.
- No need for installation.
- Offers support for converting any file type.
- Allows adding local files as well as URL.
- No additional features.
- Converted files are sent through email.
Another simple to use and quick converter for taking care of your MP4 to WAV conversion needs is Online-Converter. The converter allows converting desired files to a number of audio, video, and other formats. The converter allows adding desired files from many sources, including local files, URL, Dropbox, and Google Drive. There is also an option for file settings in terms of bit resolution, sampling rate, and others. The converted files can be directly downloaded from the program interface.
- It supports a decent list of file types and formats.
- Facilitates adding files from multiple sources.
- Allows making settings for the file like channels, sampling rate, bit resolution, and others.
- Free to use.
- No additional features.
- No batch processing support.
4. Online Converter
It is easy to use MP4 to WAV converter, where you simply need to add the desired file and select the output format. The conversion process is fast, and the converted file can be easily downloaded from the interface of the website. The program allows adding local files or URLs for conversion purposes. The maximum file size supported by Online Converter is 200MB.
- Simple, easy, and free to use.
- It allows downloading converted files from the interface.
- Allows adding local files and URLs.
- The maximum file size that can be uploaded is restricted up to 200MB.
- No additional features of functions.
It is another online converter that has a simple interface and is available in 13 different languages. In addition to MP4 and WAV, the program allows conversion between other file types and formats. Files to the program can be added from the local PC, Dropbox, and Google Drive. File quality can also be set by selecting a sample rate, channels, and bit rate.
- Allows adding files from local PC, Dropbox, and Google Drive.
- Facilitates settings sample rate, channels, and bit rate of files.
- Converted files can be downloaded from the interface.
- Free to use.
- Available in 13 different languages.
- No additional features.
- Batch processing not supported.
Part 2. The Best Alternative to MP4 to WAV Converter Online
If online converters do not impress you much, and you want a more stable and reliable tool. Then the best alternative will be a power-packed desktop software like Wondershare UniConverter for Mac (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate for Mac). This professional software works at a lightning-fast speed and allows file conversion between all popular and commonly used formats. The software is available for both Windows and Mac systems and completes the conversion process with just a few steps. To know what makes Wondershare UniConverter for Mac as the best alternative to MP4 to WAV Converter online, read the below-enlisted features:
It supports more than 1000 formats, including the latest 4K and VR for conversion purposes.
With its APEXTRANS technology, the conversion speed is 30 times faster.
It retains original file quality after file conversion.
It allows downloading videos from an array of sites, including YouTube, VEVO, Vimeo, and others.
YouTube subtitles can be directly downloaded.
Allows getting the audio from YouTube files directly.
Support editing features like trimming, merging, adding subtitles, and others.
Steps to Convert MP4 to WAV Using Wondershare UniConverter for Mac:
Step 1 Launch Wondershare UniConverter for Mac and load MP4 file(s).
Download, install and launch the MP4 to WAV Converter on your Mac system. On the main interface, under the Video Converter tab, click and browse for the desired MP4 file on Mac to add.
Step 2 Select WAV as output format.
Click the drop-down icon beside Output Format, select WAV, and the quality from the Audio tab as the desired output format.
Step 3 Convert MP4 to WAV.
Finally, click the Convert button to start the process of MP4 to WAV conversion. Please note that, at the File Location tab, you can select the location on Mac where you wish to save the converted file before the conversion.
With the above-listed steps, you can convert your MP4 file to WAV within no time.
If you want to manage the WAV files in a good manner, there are 2 guides about compressing and merging WAV files. Move to How to Combine WAV Files>> and 6 Ways to Compress WAV Files Free Online>> to learn more.
Part 3. Extended Knowledge about Converting MP4 to WAV Online
1. What is WAV?
WAVE (Waveform Audio File Format) with file extension WAV is an audio file format that is used for storing audio bitstreams on PCs. Developed by Microsoft and IBM, the format is mainly found on Windows PCs and used as a standard audio file format. WAV is a raw and uncompressed audio file but can support compression as well. These types of files also store information regarding the sample rate, number of tracks, bit depth, mono/stereo, and others. WAV is an extension and an application of Resource Interchange File Format (RIFF). If you need to convert WAV to MP3 format, you can easily import WAV files to iTunes to finish the conversion.
2. Benefits of Converting MP4 to WAV Online:
There are multiple tools, programs, and software available for converting MP4 to WAV-like desktop software, online converters, and others. Each of these methods has its own sets of pros and cons. Below listed are some reasons and benefits that make online converters a preferred choice
- The majority of online converters are available for free.
- There is no need to download and install these converters.
- The majority of them are simple to use without any need for specialized technical knowledge.
- Support decent conversion speed.
3. MP4 vs. WAV
A comparison table between MP4 and WAV is given below for a better understanding of the formats:
|Type of File||Container file with video, audio, image, and subtitle||Audio file|
|File Extension||.mp4, .m4p , .m4a||.wav|
|Developer||Moving Pictures Expert Group of ISO||Microsoft and IBM|
|Full-Form||MPEG-4 Part 14||Waveform Audio File Format|
|Based on||Lossy format using compression||
Lossless file format using Linear Pulse Code
|File Size||Small in size due to compression||Large in size as compression of the file is generally not done|
|Quality||Quality not as high as WAV||Good Quality|
|Mainly Used||File transfer over the web||Playing audio over different devices|
In conclusion, you've learned the best MP4 to WAV converters online, that's awesome! But considering the constraints of online converters, you will need a desktop converter, just like Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate), which is the best software for converting MP4 to WAV format. The software converts file at a fast speed and also offers a host of additional features that meets almost all your demands for MP4 to WAV conversion, without any hassle.
Move to How do I convert an MP4 to a WAV>> to learn more.
Your complete video toolbox