- 1. Transfer to Phone+
- 1.1 The Easiest Way to Transfer Audio Files to iPhone in 2020
- 1.2 Best Way to Transfer Video to iPhone Photo Gallery in 2020
- 1.3 The Most Simple Way to Transfer YouTube Video to Phone Gallery in 2020
- 1.4 3 One-Click Ways to Transfer Videos from iPhone to iPhone in 2020
- 1.5 Simple Ways to Transfer Videos Between iPhone and Android in 2020
- 1.6 One-Click to Transfer Media Files Between Your Computer and Android in 2020
- 1.7 Best Ways to Transfer Video Between PC and Smartphone in 2020
- 1.8 Top 10 Apps for Video Transfer from PC to iPhone in 2020
- 1.9 Recommended Ways to Transfer Videos to Mobile Phone in 2020
- 1.10 The Easiest Way to Transfer Videos from Computer to iPhone in 2020
- 1.11 Best 6 Third-Party Apps to Transfer Videos from Mac to iPhone in 2020
- 1.12 What Is the Best Way to Transfer Videos from PS4 to Phone in 2020
- 1.13 10 Tips for Transferring Video to Android Devices in 2020
- 2. Transfer to Computer+
- 2.1 Simple Ways to Transfer YouTube Offline Videos from Mobile to Laptop in 2020
- 2.2 8 Recommended Ways to Transfer Video from Android to Mac in 2020
- 2.3 Easy Ways to Transfer GoPro Videos to Computer in 2020
- 2.4 Best Ways to Transfer Media Files from Android to PC in 2020
- 2.5 Best Way to Transfer 4K Videos from iPhone to PC in 2020
- 2.6 3 Simple Ways to Transfer Videos from iPhone to Windows 10 without iTunes in 2020
- 2.7 7 Ways to Transfer Videos from iPhone to Computer in 2020
- 2.8 5 Solutions Help You Back Up Your Samsung Video to Mac in 2020
- 2.9 Best Ways to Transfer Videos from Phone to PC in 2020
- 2.10 5 Solutions to Video Transfer from iPad to PC in 2020
- 3. Transfer to iPad+
- 4. Other Transferring Tips+
- 4.1 Best Ways to Watch Videos from Your Phone on A TV in 2020
- 4.2 5 Simple Methods to Transfer Videos to SD Card in 2020
- 4.3 Best Methods to Transfer Music Between iTunes and Windows Media Player on PC 2020
- 4.4 Fast Way to Transfer Video from DJI Osmo Pocket in 2020
- 4.5 Best Way to Transfer A YouTube Video to iMovie in 2020
- 4.6 Best Ways to Transfer Video Files Online in 2020
- 4.7 Best Choices to Transfer Large Video Files in 2020
- 4.8 Best Ways to Transfer YouTube Video to MP4 Player in 2020
- 4.9 Easy Ways to Transfer Video to MP4 Device in 2020
- 4.10 How to Choose the Best Video Transfer Services in 2020
- 4.11 Simple 4 Ways to Transfer Videos to DVD in 2020
- 4.12 Easy Ways to Transfer Videos from iPhone to USB Flash Drive in 2020
Best Ways to Watch Videos from Your Phone on A TV in 2020
There are times when you’ve received a funny clip on your smartphone and want to share it with the entire room. Of course, you can individually forward the clip to everyone’s smartphone, but that would break the moment and restrict you from enjoying a laugh with everyone.
Fortunately, if you have a TV in the room, you can directly connect it with your smartphone and watch the video on the bigger screen. Today, every smartphone, be it Android or iPhone, can be quickly connected to a TV.
In this guide, we have decided to share a couple of ways to learn how to transfer video from phone to TV so that you can watch it with everyone.
- Part 1. How to Transfer Video from Android to A TV
- Part 2. How to Connect Your iPhone to A TV
- Part 3. How to Cast TV from Computer
For Android users, there are different ways to transfer videos from their smartphones to TV. Some of these methods include:
1. Use a USB Type-C to HDMI Adapter
These days the modern Android devices usually have a USB Type-C port, even if it’s a mid-range device. In this case, you can buy a USB Type-C to HDMI Adapter and connect your device to the TV’s HDMI port.
It will allow you to project your device’s display on your TV and watch the video with the entire room. However, this method will only work if your device supports HDMI Alt Mode. It’s a feature that enables a smartphone to output video to a different device.
2. Cast Phone’s Screen Using Chromecast
Using Chromecast is the most suitable solution to transfer phone video to TV, especially if your TV has built-in Chromecast support or you have a Chromecast Dongle at home. Chromecast will allow you to cast your phone’s screen to your TV, considering you’re using an app that supports screen casting.
Fortunately, the majority of video streaming apps, including Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, etc. support casting, which means you’ll be able to watch the video on your TV without any hassle.
Here’s how to share a video from phone to TV using Chromecast.
Step 1: First of all, make sure that both the TV and smartphone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Step 2: Now, open an app that supports screen-casting and play a video.
Step 3: Tap the Cast button and select your TV from the list.
That’s it; you’ll be able to watch the video on your TV screen. One of the major advantages of using Chromecast is that you can practically use your smartphone as the remote control to operate your TV.
3. Use Samsung’s Smart View
If you own a Samsung Galaxy device and a Samsung Smart TV, you don’t need any additional device or app to transfer video from phone to TV. Smart View is a dedicated feature exclusively designed for Samsung devices or other supported devices like FireStick that’ll allow you to screen mirror your smartphone to a Samsung SmartTV.
Follow these instructions to screen mirror your Samsung phone using Smart View.
Step 1: Again, make sure your TV and mobile device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Step 2: Now, scroll down the notification bar on your device and tap Smart View.
Step 3: Select your Samsung Smart TV to connect the two devices with each other.
Keep in mind that Samsung Smart TV will only work if you own a Samsung Galaxy device. In the case of other devices, you can choose one of the previous two methods to share videos from your smartphone to a TV.
If you own an iPhone, the process of transferring video from phone to TV would be slightly different. Let’s take a look at some of the methods to connect your iPhone to a TV and stream videos on the larger screen.
1. Use Apple TV
If your smart TV is connected to Apple TV, you don’t need anything else to share the video. With one tap, you’ll be able to screen mirror your iPhone on your TV.
Follow these instructions to connect your iPhone to a TV using Apple TV.
Step 1: Ensure both the devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Step 2: Drag down the notification tray on your iPhone and select Screen Mirroring.
Step 3: Tap on Apple TV and select your TV from the available list.
That’s it; you’d be able to enjoy the video on the larger screen without having to use unnecessary cables.
2. Use a Plug-&-Play Cable
While the previous method is extremely convenient, Apple TV is an expensive device, and not everyone wants to spend hundreds of dollars to watch a video on their TV. Fortunately, there’s an affordable option to do the job. You can use a plug-&-play cable and easily connect the two devices with each other.
A plug-&-play cable will have a lightning connector for iPhone at one side and a USB & HDMI connector at the other end. You can connect the HDMI & USB connector to your TV and the lighting side to your iPhone. Once the connection is established, your iPhone’s screen will start projecting on the TV.
3. Use Air-Play Compatible Smart TV
Using Air-Play is yet another convenient way to transfer video from iPhone to TV. However, this method will only work if you have an Air-Play compatible smart TV. This is a special feature that many manufacturers have started to add in their Smart TV range.
If your TV is also Air-Play compatible, here’s the step-by-step process to connect your iPhone to the TV.
Step 1: Connect your iPhone and smart TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
Step 2: Select the video that you want to Airplay and tap the Airplay icon. If you’re using a third-party video streaming app, the icon may be similar to the screencast icon.
Step 3: Select your Airplay-compatible smart TV, and your iPhone will be instantly connected to the TV.
Like your smartphone, you can also cast your laptop’s screen on your TV. However, you’ll need a third-party app to connect the two devices. We recommend using Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate), video converter software that can also be used to cast your computer/laptop’s screen to a TV.
The software has a dedicated Cast to TV feature that’ll allow you to transfer video from Mac/Windows PC to your TV.
Wondershare UniConverter - All-in-one Video Toolbox for Mac and Windows
- Stream any video to TV, Chromecast, Xbox, and other big-screen devices.
- Convert to 1,000+ formats, including AVI, MKV, MOV, MP4, etc.
- 30X faster conversion speed without quality loss.
- Edit videos with trimming, cropping, merging, adding subtitles, and more.
- Burn video to playable DVD with attractive free DVD template.
- Download or record videos from 10,000 video sharing sites.
- Versatile toolbox includes fixing video metadata, GIF maker, casting video to TV, and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Here’s a step-by-step process to cast video from laptop to a TV using Wondershare UniConverter.
Step 1 Get the Software and Launch it
Launch Wondershare UniConverter on your PC and select Toolbox in the top menu bar. In the media tool category, select Cast to TV.
Step 2 Connect Laptop and TV
You’ll be prompted to a separate Wondershare Media Server window. Connect your laptop and TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
Step 3 Add Required Files
Once the devices are connected, UniConverter will start scanning your PC’s local storage for videos. You can browse through different categories on the left-sidebar to find videos under a specific genre. You can also add videos by tapping the Disk Scan button.
Step 4 Start Playing the Video
Once the disk scan completes, drag your cursor over a specific video, and a Wi-Fi icon will appear in the middle. Click the icon, and your video will automatically start playing on your TV.
These are a few of the methods on how to transfer video from cell phones to TV. It doesn’t matter if you want to watch a movie with the entire family or binge-watch your favorite TV show on the larger screen, the tactics mentioned above will help you quickly transfer video from your phone to the TV. And, if you want to cast your laptop’s screen on TV, make sure to use Wondershare UniConverter’s Cast-to-TV feature.