- TRY FREE TRY FREE
- 1. Transfer to Phone+
- 1.1 The Easiest Way to Transfer Audio Files to iPhone in 2020
- 1.2 Best Way to Transfer Video to iPhone Photo Gallery in 2020
- 1.3 The Most Simple Way to Transfer YouTube Video to Phone Gallery in 2020
- 1.4 3 One-Click Ways to Transfer Videos from iPhone to iPhone in 2020
- 1.5 Simple Ways to Transfer Videos Between iPhone and Android in 2020
- 1.6 One-Click to Transfer Media Files Between Your Computer and Android in 2020
- 1.7 Best Ways to Transfer Video Between PC and Smartphone in 2020
- 1.8 Top 10 Apps for Video Transfer from PC to iPhone in 2020
- 1.9 Recommended Ways to Transfer Videos to Mobile Phone in 2020
- 1.10 The Easiest Way to Transfer Videos from Computer to iPhone in 2020
- 1.11 Best 6 Third-Party Apps to Transfer Videos from Mac to iPhone in 2020
- 1.12 What Is the Best Way to Transfer Videos from PS4 to Phone in 2020
- 1.13 10 Tips for Transferring Video to Android Devices in 2020
- 2. Transfer to Computer+
- 2.1 Simple Ways to Transfer YouTube Offline Videos from Mobile to Laptop in 2020
- 2.2 8 Recommended Ways to Transfer Video from Android to Mac in 2020
- 2.3 Easy Ways to Transfer GoPro Videos to Computer in 2020
- 2.4 Best Ways to Transfer Media Files from Android to PC in 2020
- 2.5 Best Way to Transfer 4K Videos from iPhone to PC in 2020
- 2.6 3 Simple Ways to Transfer Videos from iPhone to Windows 10 without iTunes in 2020
- 2.7 7 Ways to Transfer Videos from iPhone to Computer in 2020
- 2.8 5 Solutions Help You Back Up Your Samsung Video to Mac in 2020
- 2.9 Best Ways to Transfer Videos from Phone to PC in 2020
- 2.10 5 Solutions to Video Transfer from iPad to PC in 2020
- 3. Transfer to iPad+
- 4. Other Transferring Tips+
- 4.1 Best Ways to Watch Videos from Your Phone on A TV in 2020
- 4.2 5 Simple Methods to Transfer Videos to SD Card in 2020
- 4.3 Best Methods to Transfer Music Between iTunes and Windows Media Player on PC 2020
- 4.4 Fast Way to Transfer Video from DJI Osmo Pocket in 2020
- 4.5 Best Way to Transfer A YouTube Video to iMovie in 2020
- 4.6 Best Ways to Transfer Video Files Online in 2020
- 4.7 Best Choices to Transfer Large Video Files in 2020
- 4.8 Best Ways to Transfer YouTube Video to MP4 Player in 2020
- 4.9 Easy Ways to Transfer Video to MP4 Device in 2020
- 4.10 How to Choose the Best Video Transfer Services in 2020
- 4.11 Simple 4 Ways to Transfer Videos to DVD in 2020
- 4.12 Easy Ways to Transfer Videos from iPhone to USB Flash Drive in 2020
8 Recommended Ways to Transfer Video from Android to Mac in 2020
How to transfer videos from Android to PC is a typical question when we transfer data. Besides, having a Macbook and Android smartphone is the most annoying combination. Why? Because it’s quite hectic to exchange data between the two devices. Since security is one of the major USPs of all Apple products, you can’t directly connect your Android smartphone and copy-paste the files you want to transfer.
Fortunately, there are a couple of tricks that’ll help you transfer video from Android to Mac without having to go through too much trouble. In today’s guide, we’ve scribbled a list of 8 recommended methods to send video from your Android smartphone to a Macbook instantly.
- Part 1. Transfer Video from Android to Mac with USB Cable
- Part 2. 4 Ways to Transfer Video from Android to Mac Wirelessly
- Part 3. 3 Apps to Transfer Media Files from Android to Mac
- Part 4. Bonus Way: Transfer Video from Mac to Android in 3 Steps
Even though you can’t directly connect your Android smartphone and access the file manager, there’s still a way to transfer files between Android and Macbook via USB. All you have to do is to install third-party software, known as Android File Transfer on your Macbook and use it to transfer video files.
Android File Transfer is Google’s official tool to transfer data from Android to Mac and vice-versa. The tool will allow you to access your smartphone’s File Manager directly on your MacBook with a simple USB connection.
Here’s the step-by-step process on how to transfer videos from Android to Mac using Android File Transfer.
Step 1: Download and Install Android File Transfer on your Macbook.
Step 2: Connect your smartphone to your laptop via USB. Make sure that the USB option is set to File Transfer or MTP (Media Transfer Protocol).
Step 3: At this point, Android File Transfer should open automatically. Here browse through the directories and select the files that you want to transfer.
Step 4: Drag the selected files to your desktop, and they’ll be instantly transferred to your Macbook from the Android device.
While it may seem too convenient, many users have reported encountering bugs while using Android File Transfer. If you’re also stuck in a similar situation, make sure to check out the next methods on our list.
If you don’t have a USB cable at the moment, you can also transfer video from Android to Mac wirelessly. There is an array of wireless transfer methods that’ll help you exchange data, including images and video files, between the two devices. Some of these wireless methods include.
1. Use Cloud Storage Like Google Drive
One of the most convenient ways to transfer video from Android to Macbook is to use a cloud-storage app like Google Drive. You can simply upload your videos to Google Drive and download them on Mac using the same Google account.
However, this method is only suitable if you have limited data. Google Drive only offers 15GB free space. So, if you’re planning to transfer 15GB+ data, you’ll have to purchase additional space. Moreover, you’ll require a stable Internet connection with fast upload speed to upload your video files on Google Drive.
It means that using cloud storage to transfer video from Android to Mac will only be suitable if you’re planning to move 3-4 videos with limited file size.
Step 1: Open Google Drive on your smartphone and tap the + icon.
Step 2: Click on Upload and select the files that you want to add.
Step 3: The uploaded files will be inside My Drive unless you manually move them to a different folder.
Step 4: Now, open Google Drive on your Macbook and right-click the specific video file. Select Download to save the file on your laptop.
2. Transfer Via Bluetooth
You can also share files from your Android smartphone to the Mac via Bluetooth. Since every Android device has Bluetooth built-in, you won’t need a third-party app to transfer the videos. Moreover, you don’t need any fast Internet connection to share files over Bluetooth.
Here’s how to transfer videos from Android to PC using Bluetooth.
Step 1: Make sure that Bluetooth is enabled on both devices.
Step 2: Also, enable Bluetooth Sharing on your Macbook. To do so, go to System Preferences and select Sharing. In the left side-panel, check the Bluetooth Sharing option.
Step 3: Now, pair the two devices with each other. Make sure that pairing code matches on the two devices.
Step 4: Once the devices are paired, you can select files that you want to transfer and click Share on your smartphone. Choose Bluetooth and choose your Macbook to transfer the videos successfully.
While it’s quite convenient to transfer files via Bluetooth, there’s one limitation of Bluetooth Transfer. As compared to other wireless transfer methods, Bluetooth sharing is comparatively slower.
3. Sync Videos to Google Photos
Google Photos is yet another cloud-storage application that’ll make it easier to transfer video from Android to Mac. One of the major advantages of using Google Photos is that you can directly sync your smartphone’s storage, and all the files will automatically be saved on the cloud. You can then download these files anytime you want on your Macbook by signing-into your Google account.
Follow these instructions to enable back-up & sync using Google Photos on your Android smartphone.
Step 1: Launch Google Photos on your smartphone and sign-in with your Google account credentials.
Step 2: Tap Menu in the top-left corner and select Settings.
Step 3: Now, click Back-up & Sync and enable/disable the feature by toggling the switch.
4. Transfer Files Using OTG USB Drive
OTG, also known as on-the-go, is an impressive technology that has made it easier to transfer video from Android to PC, be it Windows or Mac. You can plug-in the USB flash drive in your smartphone and copy the files that you want to transfer.
Once these files are transferred, you can simply plug-in the USB drive to your Macbook and transfer the data to your PC with one tap. This is an extremely convenient way to transfer data between Android and Mac, even if you’re planning to transfer a large amount of data.
Like Android File Transfer, there are several other third-party apps you can use to transfer data from Android to Mac. Since it might get a bit difficult to choose from these many options, we’ve cherry-picked 3 best data-transfer apps that’ll allow you to share files from Android to Macbook.
Handshaker is simple, yet the most convenient app to exchange data between Android and Mac. The app is available for free on Apple’s App Store, which means you can directly install it on your system, without visiting a third-party website. Moreover, an easy-to-use interface makes it extremely easy to transfer files between the two devices.
Follow these instructions to transfer video from Android to Mac by Handshaker.
Step 1: Go to Apple’s App Store and download Handshaker. Install the software on your system.
Step 2: Now, connect your Android smartphone to your Macbook via USB. Make sure to enable USB-debugging on your smartphone. You can follow the steps mentioned in the following snippets to enable the feature.
Step 3: Handshaker will automatically detect your Android device and display its File Manager on the Mac. Browse through the folders to select files that you want to transfer. Once selected, simply drag-&-drop them on your desktop.
2. Commander One
Commander One is another utility for Mac that allows file transfer between Mac and Android. The software mounts an Android device as an external hard-drive, making it easier to navigate through folders and transfer selective files quickly. In addition to Android devices, you can also use Commander One to transfer videos from other external devices, including your digital cameras.
Here’s how to transfer video from Android to Mac using Commander One.
Step 1: Download Commander One on your Macbook and install the software.
Step 2: Now, connect your Android device via USB and let Commander One automatically recognize the device.
Step 3: Once it detects the smartphone, you’ll be prompted to the following screen. Select and drag the files to your desktop to save them on your Macbook.
SendAnywhere is one of the most popular third-party data-transfer apps, which is available for almost every platform. You can install the dedicated app on your Mac and Android smartphone and use it to connect the two devices quickly.
SendAnywhere transfers files over Wifi, and therefore, you can expect fast data transfer rates. One of the major USPs of SendAnywhere is data encryption. Your files are securely transferred over an encrypted server, restricting potential hackers from stealing your valuable data.
Here’s how to transfer videos from Android to Mac using Send Anywhere
Step 1: Download and launch the app on both devices.
Step 2: Select the video files on your Android device and click Send. You’ll see a 6-digit code on your screen.
Step 3: Enter this code on your Macbook under the Receive section and press enter.
Step 4: Click Download, and the files will be instantly transferred to your Macbook.
That wraps up our guide on how to transfer video from Android to Mac. However, what if you want to transfer videos the other way around, i.e., from Mac to your Android device. In this case, you can install a third-party tool, Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate), on your Macbook and use it to transfer files from Macbook to an Android smartphone.
Even though the tool is marketed as a video converter for PC, you can use its Transfer feature to send videos from PC to external storage devices. All you have to do is to follow these three quick steps.
Wondershare UniConverter-Quick Tranfer Tool for Mac and Windows
- Transfer videos from Android to Mac without any issues.
- Convert to 1,000+ video/audio/image formats.
- 90X faster speed for conversion.
- Basic video editing meet your simple demands.
- Download or record videos from YouTube and other 10,000+ video sharing sites.
Step 1 Launch the tool
Install and launch Wondershare UniConverter on your Macbook. Select the Transfer option from the Toolbox tab.
Step 2 Get the device connected
Grab the USB cord and use it to connect your Android device to the Mac. The program will start to decompressing driver files. Now, follow the onscreen instructions to enable USB Debugging.
Step 3 Insert the video file
Click on the +Add Files icon in the top-left corner and choose videos from your Macbook’s local storage.
Step 4 Transfer Now
Once you’ve selected the files, simply tap the Transfer All button to initiate the transfer from Mac to Android.
Even though connecting an Android smartphone to Macbook is challenging, the methods mentioned above will help you transfer files between the two devices. Whether you have shot a short video clip on Android or want to move a complete TV-series, these methods will help you conveniently transfer video from Android to PC.