UniConverter User Guide
- Get Started - Wondershare UniConverter
- Login with Wondershare ID & Update | Win Version
- Brief Introduction
- Change Themes
- Get Started - Wondershare UniConverter for Mac
- Login with Wondershare ID & Update | Mac Version
- Brief Introduction - Wondershare UniConverter for Mac
- Preferences - Wondershare UniConverter for Mac
- Add Files - Wondershare UniConverter for Mac
- How to Convert DVD to Any Format
- How to Add Media Files
- How to Convert Video from Camcorder
- How to Convert Videos for iPhone/iPad/Android Devices
- How to Convert Videos for Social Network
- How to Convert Videos from iOS & Android Devices
- How to Convert Videos to Any Format
- How to Convert Video to Audio File
- How to Convert Videos to Any Format on Mac
- How to Convert DVD to Video on Mac
- Trim Video | Wondershare UniConverter
- Add Watermark | Wondershare UniConverter
- Crop Video | Wondershare UniConverter
- Apply Effect | Wondershare UniConverter
- Add Subtitle | Wondershare UniConverter
- Audio Track Volume | Wondershare UniConverter
- Trim Video | Wondershare UniConverter for Mac
- Add Watermark | Wondershare UniConverter for Mac
- Crop Video | Wondershare UniConverter for Mac
- Apply Effect | Wondershare UniConverter for Mac
- Add Subtitle | Wondershare UniConverter for Mac
- Audio Track Volume | Wondershare UniConverter for Mac
- How to Convert Image Format Easily
- How to Make GIF Files
- How to Fix Video Metadata
- How to Burn Music to A CD
- How to Convert CD to MP3 Audio Files Without Losing Quality
- How to Convert Video to VR on Windows
- How to Transfer Video/Audio Files to iOS Device
- How to Transfer Video/Audio Files to Android Device
- How to Transfer Video/Audio Files to External Hard Drive
- How to Transfer Videos from Mac to iPhone/iPad/Android Devices
- Best Image Converter for Mac to Convert Image Format and Resize Images on Mac
- How to Make GIF Easily on Mac
- How to Fix Media Metadata on Mac
- How to Convert CD to Music on Mac
- How to Burn Music to CD on Mac
- How to Convert Videos for VR Devices on Mac
How to Add Subtitle to Videos on Mac
Wondershare UniConverter for Mac allows you to add subtitles to videos on Mac. You can also edit the subtitle with changing font, color, size, width, transparency, position, and others. The subtitles can also be added to DVDs, music videos, TV series, and other digital movies. You can add .srt, .ass, or .ssa subtitles files to the video and output as Hardcodec Subtitles or Soft Subtitle (only for MP4 and MOV) for playback. Read the steps list below to learn more.
Note: Hardcodec subtitle is a part of the video files that can not be removed or changed. Soft Subtitle is independent from the video and can be turned on and off during your playback.
Step 1 Load videos to add subtitles on Mac.
Launch Wondershare UniConverter for Mac after download and install successfully. Click on the Video Editor section to open a new window, from where select the Subtitle tab to continue.
Step 2 Edit or add subtitles.
At the Subtitle window, click the drop-down icon at Subtitle and select the Add button to add the local subtitle file to the video. Click the search icon will facilitate searching and added online subtitle.
Next, choose Font Color, Size, Style of the subtitle. The position of the subtitle from Top, Middle, and Bottom can be selected as desired. Also, choose the Transparency of the subtitle by moving the slider. Click on the Save button to confirm the subtitle settings. And the Reset button will take the video to the original default settings.
Step 3 Choose subtitles and audio tracks for optional playback.
At the Target tab, click the Subtitle drop-down icon to open the list, choose No subtitles to play videos without subtitles or Keep all subtitle track(s) to playback with subtitles turn on and off.
You can also choose a subtitle under the Embed subtitle(s) to print it on your video (which can't be switched on/off when playing).
Extracting subtitles from the video is also allowed. Choose the option and your subtitles will be saved as srt/ass/ssa files after the conversion, which can be found by opening the output folder icon.
Audio tracks can also the selected as your needs. Click on the Audio track drop-down icon and choose audio tracks you want to save to your video.
Step 4 Preview and convert and save subtitles to video.
You can preview the video with different subtitles and audio tracks on Mac. Click on the Play icon on the video thumbnail to open the player window, and choose subtitles and audio tracks for preview by clicking on the related icons.
If you want to play your movies with subtitles turned on and off optionally, select the MP4 or MOV as the output video format from the Output Format: tab. Finally, hit on the Start All button to convert videos with subtitles saved on Mac. All converted files can be found from the Finished tab.