“How to speed up MP4? I have downloaded a series of lectures and aim to watch them quickly by managing the playback speed. Which is the best MP4 speed changer available that will enable me to complete the job?”
The more you can personalize your videos for your audience, the more likely it is that they’ll stick around and consume more of your content. Think about a viewer’s comfort level, attention span, or even a tiny change in message depending on how much time is left on the clock.
One way you could do this is by taking advantage of some simple effects to pace the way your video unfolds so that you have as much time as possible to make an impact. We have put together a list of MP4 speed changer tools that give you these capabilities without becoming an actual video editor!
As an entrepreneur, you know that making video content is essential to your overall marketing and branding efforts. But to create engaging, entertaining videos and, most importantly, convert viewers into buyers - it’s necessary to have the right editor to manage the speed settings, making creating awesome videos super easy!
We recommend the Wondershare UniConverter because it’s the easiest to use while still doing everything you need it do get the job done. The tool lets you change the speed of MP4 permanently. If you wish to adjust the playback pace temporarily, then using its Media Player feature, you can enable the setting while viewing the video.
UniConverter is available on all modern versions of Windows and macOS. Moreover, the tool supports 1000+ formats other than MP4. Similarly, you can use the following features offered by the software to enhance the video presentation and quality.
Convert videos/images in 1000+ formats at 90X faster speed than other tools.
Batch compress videos quickly without quality loss.
Easy-to-use Editor makes everyone edit videos without any hassle.
The Auto Reframe utility can resize the video’s dimensions automatically.
You can use this tool’s Watermark Editor to add or remove text and image-based watermarks from a video.
Its Smart Trimmer instantly removes silent parts from a video without any effort.
We have stated the following features on how to speed up or slow down your MP4 video permanently:
Step 1 Access The Speed Changer
Run Wondershare UniConverter on your respective system. There, click on the Video Editor option on the left. Next, click on the Speed button, and select the video whose playback rate you wish to manage.
Step 2 Change the Speed
Under the Change Speed section, select the specific rate you want to play the video at permanently. Check the playback speed on the Output Preview window, and if you feel satisfied, click on Apply to All. Click OK to finalize the changes. You can both reduce or increase the video’s speed!
Step 3 Save the Video
If you want to change the Output Format or File Location of the uploaded MP4 video, click on the options available on the bottom part of the UI. Lastly, click Save to export the video with an altered speed.
Additionally, you can access the UniConverter’s Video Player to adjust the speed of MP4 temporarily when playing.
Speed control is among the standard video editing features accessible on online tools. We have discussed the 5 most known MP4 speed changers in this section. Check them out!
You can use Clideo to speed up MP4 online. This tool offers you the option of changing video speed from 0.25x to 4x. It is fast and compatible with most video formats, including MP4, AVI, MPG, VOB, WMV, and MOV.
- Upload the file to Clideo online editor after opening it on your browser.
- Select the playback speed under the Change Video Speed section.
- Finally, click Export to download the edited clip.
Vast differences between the free and paid version
You can make the playback speed from super slow to super fast in a matter of seconds with the help of Adobe CC Express. While managing the rate, you can also trim and mute the video. The online tool works smoothly on any given browser.
- Add the video to the Adobe CC Express interface.
- Head over to the Speed section, and select the new playback speed, such as Super Slow, Slow, Normal, Fast, Super Fast.
- To end, click Download to save the MP4.
Easy to use
Vast templates library
Limited speed changing options
Kapwing offers an easy video editing service, perfect for making professional videos with your preferred speed, including slow-motion and hyper-speed. With a few quick taps on the tool’s site, you can add captivating time-lapses to your social media accounts.
- Import the MP4 to Kapwing’s web interface.
- Locate the Speed section and select the new playback speed on the right.
- Once done, click Export Video to download the file back to your device.
It lets you add video online using its URL
Comprehensive online video editor
Limited file upload limit
Only edits a 5-minute video(max) for free
OnlineConverter tool can increase the speed, slow down, or even change the video’s pace to anything you want it to be with a variety of handy features that allow your videos to be viewed in ways you may not have considered before. For example, you can select the speed from 0.5x to 4x.
- After accessing OnlineConverter on your web browser, click on Choose File to upload the clip.
- Select the speed, and click on Change to start the process.
- Download the file!
200MB upload limit only
No customer support
Slow processing speed
If you’re looking to change video speeds, this editor allows users to do it quickly and easily. In addition, you don’t need any special experience or technical skill to learn how to manipulate your clips - the interface is also simple.
- Click Open File to add the video for editing.
- Use the Slider to adjust the speed. You can select any number from 0.25x to 4x.
- Click Save to start the encoding process.
- Finally, click the Save button again to download the video.
It offers a Chrome Extension
Flexible speed control options
Cloud support(Google Drive/Dropbox) is available
It only supports a few video formats
The file processing is a bit sluggish
If you need more information on how to increase the speed of MP4 video, then go through the following FAQs:
1. Can you speed up MP4 in QuickTime?
Yes, it is possible to manage the speed of your MP4 video with the QuickTime Player. The steps are listed as follows:
- Open the MP4 on the program.
- Press the Forward button to adjust the playback speed from 2x to 60x. You can also click the Rewind option to reduce the play rate.
2. Can I speed up the video in VLC?
You can speed up MP4 video in the VLC player. All you have to do is apply the following steps to implement the changes:
- Open the MP4 file using VLC.
- On the Menu Bar, click the Playback button.
- From the drop-down menu, click Speed.
- Next, select the Faster(Fine) or Faster option to speed up the video.
3. Can you speed up a video on iPhone?
Yes, you can speed up any video on your iPhone as long as you use the correct application. Services, such as iMovie and the Photos App, offer the relevant controls to adjust the playback speed.