Convert MP4 to Other Formats
- 1. Convert MP4 to Popular Video+
- 2. Convert MP4 to Devices+
- 3. Convert MP4 to DVD+
- 4. Convert MP4 to Web+
- 5. Convert MP4 to Other Formats+
MPG is one of the old file format use for video data. MPG is a number of file extensions for MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 audio and video compression. MPEG-1 Part 2 video is rare nowadays, and this extension typically refers to an MPG or MPEG program stream. The only reason a file is ever given the "mpg" extension is that older file systems and operating systems are restricted to 8.3 file names- that is, 8 letters, a period, and a three-letter extension... In this case, MPG mostly uses file converted from VHS tape or VCD players.
On the other hand, MP4 is the latest and widely used video format around the world. MP4 uses MPEG-4 compression, which is the advanced/updated form of the MPEG-1 compression technique.
If you have an old VCD player and you want to play your video on that or any other device which only supports the MPG file, then you have to convert your MP4 video to MPG format.
Mostly video converter only supports advance and recently fashion format, but there is an amazing video converter called “ Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate).” Through this software, you can convert almost any multimedia format to any format without backward restriction.
Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) supports HD quality MPG format, converting your HD video into MPG with zero quality loss. By using advance “Head-to-Head” comparisons technique, it’s 30 times faster than other common converters. Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) supports 1000 formats, including the latest 4K video format and the portable device. Including video converting, the following are the main key features of this software.
Here is a list of features that make Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) a favorite amongst all users and professionals:
Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) - Best iPhone Converter for Windows / Mac (Mojave included)
- Directly convert MP4 to MPG, AVI, MKV, MOV, and 1000+ other formats.
- Convert MP4 to MPG in batch with 30X faster speed compared with common converters.
- Burn MPG to DVD video or Blu-ray disc to play with your DVD player with free DVD templates.
- Download or record videos from YouTube and other 10,000 sites.
- In-program editing tools help customize your iPhone video, like trimming, cropping, adding watermark, subtitles, etc.
- Transfer videos from computer to iPhone, iPad, and other devices directly and vice versa.
- Supported OS: Windows NT4/2000/2003/XP/Vista/7/8, and Windows 10 (32 bit & 64 bit), Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Watch Video Tutorial on Converting MP4 files to MPG
How to Convert MP4 to MPG Using Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate):
Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate)’s GUI (Graphical User Interface) itself is user friendly. You don't require IT expertise for that. With basic knowledge, you can convert videos from MP4 to MPG by yourself.
Through this article, we further assist you about MP4 to MPG conversion with step by step procedure including screenshots as below. We make the Windows version, for example, the Mac version is much similar to the following steps.
Step 1Add MP4 files to the MPG converter.
- Install and Run your Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate).
- As this software includes many other functions, make sure you are on the right window.
- Click the Video Converter section > the Converting tab.
- Then click the button for adding the MP4 files you want to convert.
Step 2 Select MPG as your output video format for the MP4 to MP4 conversion.
Click the drop-down icon beside Output Format, select MPG, and the related resolution as the output format from the Video category. Please note you can optionally customize the output format by clicking Create to set frame rate, bitrate, encoder, etc.
Step 3 Convert MP4 to MPG.
Finally, tap the Start All button to start the MP4 to MPG conversion. Your MP4 files will be successfully converted to MPG. After the conversion, you can click the File Location icon to find the converted files.
|Description||MPG is a file extension for a MPEG animation in the MPEG-1 OR MPEG-2 codec. MPEG-1 was designed for progressive coding video at bit rates of about 1.5 million bits per second. It was designed specifically for Video-CD and CD-i media. MPEG-1 audio layer-3 (MP3) has also evolved from early MPEG work.||
MP4 is a multimedia file extension, which is a container format that can store video, audio, and subtitle data (as well as more depending on content). MP4 uses MPEG-4 compression, a standard developed by the Moving Picture Experts Group (MPEG). It became more popular science the stores like iTunes uses this container format, and it is used with iPod and PlayStation Portable (PSP) as built-in support. MP4 files have become more popular.
VLC media player, WinDVD, Media Player Classic, Wondershare Player
Apple QuickTime Player
Moving Picture Experts Group