- DVD Users
- Social Media Users
- Camera Users
- Creative Design
- Movie Users
- Travelling Fans
- Educational Users
- More Solutions
Online DAV Editor: How to Convert DAV to MP4 Online Free?
“How to convert DAV to MP4 online for free? My system’s media player is unable to play DAV files, and my old PC isn’t powerful enough to run a file converter. Is there any reliable online DAV to MP4 converter that can do the trick? If yes, how can I manage the online tool to complete the task?”
It is not a secret that DAV files are compatible with a handful of media players. Moreover, it is a challenging task to run DAV files on Android or iOS devices. Whenever such a problem arises, the viable solution is to convert DAV to MP4 online. If you do not know which online tool is suitable for the said task, you have come to the right place. We have shared the step-by-step guide on the best DAV to MP4 converter online. Moreover, we will discuss the most reliable alternative to online converters.
- Part 1. 2 Recommended DAV to MP4 Converters Online?
- Part 2. Extra Solution to Change DAV to MP4 in Higher Quality than Online Ways
- Part 3. Tips about Converting DAV to MP4 for Playing & Editing
Given the rarity of DAV files, only a small number of online DAV to MP4 converters are capable of completing the job. You can follow this section to collect information regarding the DAV to MP4 converters online, such as the guide to managing the tools and their additional features.
Online-Convert is a multi-purpose and user-friendly online file conversion tool. It works on the browsers of all platforms and devices. Other than converting DAV to MP4, you can change the audio/video codec, bitrate, and video resolution. It also supports more than 50 video formats.
The instructions to convert DAV to MP4 using Online-Convert is as follows:
1. Access the online converter from any browser.
2. Click on Choose Files to import the DAV media.
3. Choose a Preset for the video. Moreover, you can change the screen size, frame rate and manage audio settings.
4. Click on Start Conversion, which will initiate the processing.
5. Press the Download button to save the MP4 file. You can also upload the converted video to Cloud or download it as a Zip file.
It is another intuitive DAV to MP4 online converter that offers you to upload a file of up to 4GB. Additionally, it supports well over 300 file formats, including MP4. The tool provides complete user security as its servers remove the uploaded content within a few hours.
Here is the step-by-step guide on how to convert DAV to MP4 online using Video Converter Online:
1. Open the tool on any browser.
2. Click on Open File to upload the DAV video.
3. Select MP4 as the output format and choose the video resolution.
4. Click on the Settings Tab to manage the audio/video codec.
5. Click on Convert to start the file conversion.
6. Simply hit the Download Button to save the file. You can also upload the MP4 video straight to your Google Drive or Dropbox account.
Online converters are undoubtedly convenient. However, they offer a limited amount of functions compared to an offline DAV to MP4 file converter, such as Wondershare UniConverter. The reliable program is available for Windows and macOS users.
Moreover, it can convert DAV files to MP4 and 1000+ additional file formats. It is also a handy video editor. You can also merge multiple videos quickly with the UniConverter.
The features of the Wondershare UniConverter are as follows:
It can convert video to audio.
The tool can compress files without compromising quality.
You can fix media metadata using the software.
Online video downloading is also available on the UniConverter.
The UniConverter can burn video to DVD.
Download the UniConverter on your computer and install it. Once you do that, please follow the step-by-step guide listed below to convert DAV to MP4 with the UniConverter.
Step 1 Launch the UniConverter
Click on the UniConverter’s icon and run it on your system. Under the Video Converter section, import the DAV file.
Step 2 Customize the DAV File
Click on the Gear icon to access the file settings. Under the Video Tab, select MP4 as the output format. Choose the new video resolution and manage the audio/video codec. Hit Create to finish file customization.
Step 3 Start DAV to MP4 File Conversion
Select the new File Location by navigating to the bottom part of the interface. Click on Convert to start the process. It will merely take a few minutes for the process to finish. That’s it
Here are some tips related to the DAV to MP4 conversion for playing and editing.
1. Can VLC play DAV files?
If you have default settings enabled on the VLC player, then the software will not be able to play DAV files. However, you can change the Demuxer Module to play DAV files on VLC. The method is as follows:
- Click on Tools. From the drop-down menu, click Preferences.
- Click on All and then select the Demuxer option.
- Under the Demux Module, select H264 video demuxer.
- That’s it!
2. How can I edit a .dav file and save it as .mp4?
You can easily edit .dav files and save them as a .mp4 video using the Wondershare UniConverter. The tool supports more than 1000 file formats. Moreover, you can crop, trim, and cut the files. Additionally, it can remove audio from the video. The method is as follows:
- Launch the tool and click on the Video Editor option.
- Add the .dav file and apply the editing feature.
- Click on the Cog button and select MP4 as the output format.
- Hit Save to finalize the settings.