Good video editing software takes you a long way. You can make workable edits to the video to make it compelling and engaging. Moreover, the purpose can be fulfilled via video editing software for Mac. If you are a Mac user, the article would be of great help to you.
We will talk about the best video editing software for MacBook/MacBook Pro/Mac with its key features. So, let us begin, shall we?
Part 1. Top 10 best video editing software for Mac/MacBook
Editing software is your best bet to make the video stand out from the crowd. For this very reason, the section shall introduce ten video software for Mac, which will be for both amateur and professional video editors in town. Stay with us as we explore the features of their tools. Let’s start!
5 easy video editing software for Mac [For Entry-Level Beginners]
1. Wondershare UniConverter
|Compatibility||macOS & Windows|
|Pricing||Free trial; Annual Plan: $39.99; Perpetual: $79.99|
While we are on the subject of top video editing software for Mac, let us start with Wondershare UniConverter as an opener video editor. UniConverter is a complete video toolbox to convert, compress, edit videos, burn DVDs, and much more. It is best for entry-level beginners to create videos. Users can edit a video effortlessly with no professional skills as the powerful AI-powered features of UniConverter.
- Edit videos on Mac by trimming, cropping, adding effects, and subtitles.
- Add text watermark, image watermark, or dynamic watermark to your videos with one click.
- Trim your video clips automatically with Smart Trimmer.
- Batch remove or add the beginning or end of your videos
- Automatically resize videos for different social media channels.
Wondershare UniConverter — All-in-one Video Toolbox for Windows and Mac.
Edit videos on Mac by trimming, cropping, adding effects, and subtitles.
Converter videos to any format at 90X faster speed.
Compress your video or audio files without quality loss.
Excellent smart trimmer for cutting and splitting videos automatically.
Nice AI-enabled subtitle editor for adding subtitles to your tutorial videos automatically.
Download any online video for teaching from more than 10,000 platforms and sites.
2. Apple iMovie
Apple iMovie is yet another beginner level with the ability to change the videos into a cinematic outlook. It is a famous video editing software for Mac that permits you to shape the story as you wish to.
- The video editing is effortless as you can add titles, music, and clips.
- The high-fidelity filters let you give a cinematic touch to the video.
- The effect can be fine-tuned by masking controls and strength adjustment.
- iMovie also works best in the educational sector to make engaging assignments using the "Green Screen."
- The seamless video quality of 4K helps enhance the viewer's vision.
OpenShot acts as a free video editor for Mac that has changed the way beginners look at video software for Mac. It is cross-platform with powerful editing features. Want to know more? Continue exploring!
- You can use slow-motion to control the power of time.
- The 3D animations offer engaging titles such as lens flare, snow, and flying text.
- There are unlimited layers to make the video worth watching, including watermarks, audio tracks, and videos.
- The simpler user interface offers easy navigation and workability.
- OpenShot helps trim and slice the videos effortlessly.
4. Adobe Premiere Elements
Viable for beginners and making video editing fun, Adobe Premiere Elements has taken the lead. The students who wish to ramp up their production skills can use this MacBook video editing software.
- Adobe Sensei Al technology helps reframe the subject automatically while adding effects where needed.
- The "Smart Trim" functionality finds the best scenes related to the video and brings them together.
- You can adjust shadows and highlights in a matter of seconds.
- One can count on Adobe Premiere Elements to free frame, add motion titles and time-lapse videos.
- The interface is easily navigated due to the perfectly designed interface and icons.
|Pricing||Creator: $15/Month Premium: $79/Month Business $199/Month|
The next MacBook pro video editing software on the list is, Lumen5. Extremely useful for newbies in town, Lumen5 offers beautiful video templates on the go and helps transform blog posts into videos. The video editing is flawless with easy shareability with social networking websites.
- You can cut, trim, edit, and crop your video to make it more professional.
- One needs negligible video production skills to use the software.
- The videos can be downloaded in any pixel measurements to enhance viewability.
- Signing up for Lumen5 is free.
5 best video editing software for Mac [For Professional Video Editors]
1. Adobe Premiere Pro
Changing the narrative and bringing a revolution to business professional video editors, Adobe Premiere Pro doesn't need an introduction. It is being used by an awful lot of creative professionals to bring magic to their final video output. With the smart tools, this top video editing software for Mac has made storytelling easier.
- Customize your animated graphics and titles to incorporate your vision in the videos.
- Faster rendering is presented through Adobe Premiere Pro.
- The intelligent reframing of videos helps enhance the formatting experience.
- Download animated templates, video footage, and music tracks through the tool.
- You can match colors as you desire to make the video compelling to watch.
2. Apple Final Cut Pro
Apple Final Cut Pro is another impeccable video software for Mac offering creative professionals an easy breakthrough. Apple Final Cut Pro brings the best plugin effects for the users. The additional characteristics of this MacBook video editing software include:
- Apple Final Cut Pro enables users to use functions like "Object Tracker" to detect faces and objects and then match their movement with titles and effects.
- The user is free to access multiple motion graphics and color grading to make a statement.
- The "Cinematic Mode" feature helps adjust focus points and depth of the field.
- The tool works with greater frame rates, larger frame sizes, and other complex projects.
- Apple Final Cut Pro presents faster workability, which is best for Mac users.
3. CyberLink PowerDirector 365
CyberLink PowerDirector 365 is the best video editing software for MacBook, designed for professionals.
- The new features are added regularly to enhance the user experience.
- It supports the latest video formats for easy import.
- There are more than 3000 effects and templates to make engaging videos.
- The streamlined user interface makes the process productive.
- The intuitive "Motion Tracking" tailors the output as the target moves.
The free MacBook pro video editing software changing the dimension of creative professionals all in all is Blender. Blender has a vast range of features that have made editing fun and interesting for people in the industry.
- You can create jaw-breaking renders to invigorate the project.
- The digital sculpting tools play a vital role in offering power and flexibility to the video production process.
- There are basic yet efficient video editing tools that create magic in the workplace.
- The custom architecture, the shortcuts, and the interface can be effortlessly customized.
- Blender is popular for feature films these days due to the animations it introduces.
|Pricing||Lightworks Create: $9.99/Month; Lightworks Pro: $23.99/Month|
The last video software for Mac is Lightworks that is pretty much on the bucket list of beginners to learn its workability.
- Lightworks offer Hollywood-level video editing.
- The user can get creative by bringing their vision out in the field.
- There are in-built titles, transitions, and effects for the user.
- Cloud editing and collaboration improve access.
- The advanced metadata does the trick all creative professionals need.
Part 2. Frequently asked questions about video editing software for Mac
Can beginners use Final Cut Pro?
Yes. Final Cut Pro is a macOS video editor which is fast and easy to use for beginners. The advanced and complicated editing features have been hidden, which makes it workable for entry-level beginners. With a simple interface, video editing has become effortless and flawless.
Do new Macs have iMovie?
Yes, whenever you purchase a new MacBook, iMovie is installed at your service.
What do YouTubers use to edit their videos?
The YouTubers should use Wondershare UniConverter, Final Cut Pro, and Adobe Premiere CC for effective results. If you are an utter beginner in the market, do use UniConverter.
Is Final Cut Pro better than iMovie?
Final Cut Pro offers more advanced and professional features that might be workable for an expert, but it is not user-friendly. On the other hand, iMovie offers fast operating speed as compared to Final Cut Pro. The user is expected to make the decision based on his preferences.
Part 3. Final thoughts
A good video editor is responsible for sending the message across more vividly and confidently. If you are a Mac user, the article offered easy video editing software for Mac along with its primary features. Some frequently asked questions were also the crux of the article. The users are recommended to make the right call based on workplace demands and personal preferences.