Video editing is pretty much part and parcel of our lives. If you are a Mac addict, you might need some video editing software for Mac to bring innovation to your work. Luckily, the article reflects upon free video editing software for Mac and MacBook with their critical features, proving themselves as the best of the lot. So, let us begin!
1. Wondershare UniConverter — Handy video editor for beginners
Wondershare UniConverter is a complete video toolbox to convert, compress, edit videos, burn DVDs, and much more. It is the right choice for beginners to deal with video files. As an easy-to-use video editing software for Mac no watermark, UniConverter brings the following features:
Edit videos on Mac by trimming, cropping, adding effects, and subtitles.
Converter video or audio files to more than 1,000 formats at 90X faster speed.
Compress your video or audio files without quality loss.
The advanced AI-powered features of UniConverter allow users to edit a video effortlessly: AI Portrait, Smart Trimmer, Auto Reframe, Background Remover, Intro&Outro, etc.
Add text/image or dynamic watermark to the videos easily.
Save any online video for teaching from more than 10,000 platforms and sites.
OpenShot video editor has to be the choice for beginners and small business owners. The features of this video editing software for Mac free download are as under:
- OpenShot acts as a cross-platform supporting Mac, Linux, and Windows.
- The tool allows the users to edit the targeted video by removing its background and adjusting the brightness.
- You can add layers of watermarks, background videos, and audio tracks, allowing a diverse range of tracks.
- The 3D animations in a video can be inserted flawlessly.
- The interface is easy-to-use, and navigation from one function to another is frictionless.
"One very welcome change is in OpenShot speed and performance. It no longer feels sluggish when applying transitions and effects."
3. Apple iMovie
Being effectively workable for beginners, Apple iMovie counts as the free video editing software MacOS. The features are as under:
- With iMovie, you can have 4K resolution video output.
- The user is free to add or delete focus points to give a cinematic vibe.
- To make the video a success, you can insert titles, music, and effects.
- The Mac user can trim, fade audio, insert images and videos easily.
- Apple iMovie has covered you if you need a Hollywood-style video, fun comic look, or a vintage western appearance.
"Apple iMovie is a great, free, video editor for anyone that's new to the world of editing and who owns an Apple device."
Shotcut is a good free video editing software for Mac and is workable for beginners. The features include:
- The tool supports hundreds of audio and video formats.
- The user interface offers no complications for beginners.
- The video filters help bring innovation to the final output.
- The editing features are trimming, cutting, muting, copying, pasting, and multi-selection options.
- It is a cross-platform viable for Windows, Linux, macOS.
"Shotcut offers all the basic functionality of a good video app."
Blender is suitable for creative professionals in the industry. Follow the features of this free video editing software for Mac.
- The app lets the user create jaw-dropping renders in the video.
- You can use the software to perform sculpting, modeling, and curves.
- Blender works like a charm for animation in short-feature films.
- The video editing tools are progressive and workable for the users.
- The interface is professional with a perfect layout and fully-customized shortcuts.
"All in all, you may call Blender as a decent and a fully-functional video editing software available for use as of now."
Final Cut Pro is one of the best video editing software for Mac helpful for professional editors. The key features are:
- The video editing requires minimal effort.
- There are multiple stunning effects to add to the video.
- Creativity and innovation can be offered to the output through Hollywood effects.
- The transitions and elements bring a new change to the video.
- Color grading, delivery, and motion graphics are the pros of using this tool.
"It is a perfect piece of software for people that need to create video content but don't need super intense features."
Lightworks is a tool for beginners as its easy-to-use interface makes the process flawless. The features of this MacBook free video editing software include:
- Beginners should cut and edit video clips.
- Lightworks is workable for YouTubers and content creators.
- One can add titles, transitions, and effects to bring productivity.
- The export resolution is up to 720P and 4K.
- Hollywood-level editing is accessed via Lightworks.
"Lightworks is an excellent option to get started in the world of video editing with a simple interface. It makes me recommend this program."
CyberLink PowerDirector Essential is a free video editing software MacOS for most beginners. The attributes are as given below:
- It is the faster video editor in the market.
- There are more than 3000 effects and templates to bring magic to the final video.
- The new features are added regularly in the application.
- The smooth animated effects change the outlook of the video multifold.
- The "Green Screen" helps remove background to create Hollywood-style action.
"CyberLink PowerDirector is one of the best prosumer video editing applications available, and it keeps getting better."
Movavi video editor is viable for newbies in the industry. Let us have a look at different traits of this good free video editing software for Mac.
- The screen recording of Movavi helps record lectures, seminars, and training sessions.
- The new editing options make the process easy. It includes audio synchronization and color grading.
- You can add transitions, effects, photos, videos, and music.
- Movavi brings ease of use with an interactive interface.
- The videos can be converted in any format as desired.
"Movavi is super friendly, easy to use, and intuitive, even for novice users. It allows me to mix different types of files with video, audio, and images."
Workable for novice users, Kdenlive is considered as the MacBook free video editing software. The attributes include:
- The user can arrange the audio and video tracks as per convenience.
- The keyboard shortcuts are easily configured to match your needs and preferences.
- Kdenlive allows you to rotate, zoom, align, and distribute the video titles.
- The effects are transitions can be added as per requirement.
- The workability is automatically backed up, so the user doesn't lose progress.
"Kdenlive is one of the best non-linear multi-purpose video editing software."
Wondershare UniConverter has to be your choice if you are a beginner in the field looking for suitable video editing tools. To edit a video using UniConverter, we have designed three steps for you. Let's have a look!
Step 1 Launch the video editor.
Launch Wondershare UniConverter. Tap Video Editor from your left panel. Insert the targeted file by clicking on the File (+) sign on the top left side of the interface.
Step 2 Making the edits.
Browse the video and use multiple tools to make relevant edits. You are free to trim, crop, add watermark and audio to the video.
Step 3 Saving the video.
After editing is done, save the video in your Mac system by clicking the Save button.
Except for the basic editing features, Wondershare UniConverter brings the following advanced AI-powered features to the house:
Professionals excessively use the AI Portrait feature to remove the background from videos as soon as the video is uploaded. It also allows setting a new background for the video.
The Smart Trimmer tool helps trim clips that are not a healthy addition to the overall video concept. They are mostly the silent parts of a shot.
The Auto Reframe feature identifies the contents of the video and keeps the main subject in the frame.
The Background Remover feature allows you to remove background from images individually and in batches as well.
Intro & Outro
The beginning and end of the video can be inserted and removed as per the user's requirement using the Intro and Outro feature.
Video editing has become a thing now. The article targeted the Mac users and introduced ten MacBook free video editing software with their crucial features. Additionally, Wondershare UniConverter works best for beginners and offers advanced features. The user is recommended to make the right call with the editing software.