UniConverter User Guide
- Get Started - Wondershare UniConverter
- Login with Wondershare ID & Update | Win Version
- Brief Introduction
- Change Themes
- Get Started - Wondershare UniConverter for Mac
- Login with Wondershare ID & Update | Mac Version
- Brief Introduction - Wondershare UniConverter for Mac
- Preferences - Wondershare UniConverter for Mac
- Add Files - Wondershare UniConverter for Mac
- Convert DVD to Any Format
- Add Media Files
- Convert Video from Camcorder
- Convert Videos for iPhone/iPad/Android Devices
- Convert Videos for Social Network
- Convert Videos from iOS & Android Devices
- Convert Videos to Any Format
- Convert Video to Audio File
- How to Convert Videos to Any Format on Mac
- How to Convert DVD to Video on Mac
- Trim Video | Wondershare UniConverter
- Add Watermark | Wondershare UniConverter
- Crop Video | Wondershare UniConverter
- Apply Effect | Wondershare UniConverter
- Add Subtitle | Wondershare UniConverter
- Audio Track Volume | Wondershare UniConverter
- Trim Video | Wondershare UniConverter for Mac
- Add Watermark | Wondershare UniConverter for Mac
- Crop Video | Wondershare UniConverter for Mac
- Apply Effect | Wondershare UniConverter for Mac
- Add Subtitle | Wondershare UniConverter for Mac
- Audio Track Volume | Wondershare UniConverter for Mac
- Image Converter | Wondershare UniConverter
- GIF Maker | Wondershare UniConverter
- Fix Video Metadata | Wondershare UniConverter
- CD Burner | Wondershare UniConverter
- Convert CD to MP3 | Wondershare UniConverter
- Convert Video to VR | Wondershare UniConverter
- Transfer Video/Audio to iOS Device
- Transfer Video/Audio to Android Device
- Transfer Video/Audio to External Hard Drive
- Transfer | Wondershare UniConverter for Mac
- Image Converter | Wondershare UniConverter for Mac
- GIF Maker | Wondershare UniConverter for Mac
- Fix Media Metadata | Wondershare UniConverter for Mac
- CD Converter | Wondershare UniConverter for Mac
- CD Burner | Wondershare UniConverter for Mac
- VR Converter | Wondershare UniConverter for Mac
How to Add Subtitles to Video
Here's a simple handy guide for you to add subtitles to MP4, AVI, MKV, any video format as well as your digital/DVD movies, TV series and music videos. You can add .srt, .ass, .ssa and .sub subtitle files to the video and output as Hardcode Subtitle or Soft Subtitle as choice. Easy steps to extract subtitles from video to srt/ass/ssa files can also be found here.
Hardcodec Subtitle: The subtitle you added to the video, which can be image subtitle or text subtitle. Hardcode Subtitle can't be removed or turn on/off during the playback.
Soft Subtitle: The subtitle your video contains originally, which is usually a specially marked-up text with time stamps. So it can be turned on and off during the video playback.
How to Add Subtitle - Wondershare UniConverter (Win) User Guide
- Part 1. How to add subtitles to video
- Part 2. Choose multiple subtitles and audio tracks when playing
Part 1. How to add subtitles to video.
Step 1 Get editing window.
To get started, you need to add video files to the program first, then choose the Video Editor section and click the Subtitle tab to get the editing window.
Step 2 Import subtitle files.
Click the Subtitle tab in the top of the editing window, and then hit the … option and you can see a Add button, click it to import subtitles from your local computer if you have downloaded them beforehand. As an alternative, you can click the search icon to search subtitles online directly.
Step 3 Customize subtitle settings.
Now you can choose the font color, size, style and more for the subtitle, adjust subtitle transparency and position to your preference. Click OK to save all changes.
Step 4 Convert videos with hardcodec subtitles embeded.
Click the drop-down button beside Output Format: to choose an output format and click the Start button to start converting. Once completed, you'll get the video file with subtitles under Finished tab.
Part 2. Choose multiple subtitles and audio tracks when playing.
You can keep all subtitles and audio tracks in the original video so that you can turn on and off any subtitle or audio track you want when you play videos on TV (only works on MP4 and MOV output format). Learn how to choose subtitle or audio track you need using Wondershare UniConverter, also easy steps to extract subtitles from videos.
Step 1 Choose subtitles for playing and exporting.
Launch Wondershare UniConverter and add a movie at the Video Converter interface. At the Target bar, click on the first drop-down icon shown as the screenshot below, and a Subtitle list will open, from where, you can do the following options:
- No subtitle: Remove subtitles from your videos.
- Keep all subtitle track(s): Keep all subtitles in your video as internal subtitles, which can be turned on/off when playing if you save the video as MP4 and MOV.
- Embed subtitle(s): You can find all your subtitles contains in your video, choose one to output and it will be printed on the video (can't be switched on/off when playing).
- Export subtitle(s): Extract the subtitles from the original video and save as srt, ass, or ssa files.
- Add: You can also add subtitles to the video by clicking on this button.
- Edit: When choosing one of the embed subtitle, you can click the Edit button to open the Subtitle window and make customization.
Step 2 Choose audio tracks for movie playback.
Click on the second drop-down icon on the Target bar, you can open a drop-down list where shows all audio tracks of your video. Choose one or several audio tracks you want to save for playing.
Step 3 Preview changed videos (Optional).
After all changes have been saved, you can preview the videos by choosing subtitles and audio tracks. Move your mouse to the video thumbnail and you'll see a Play icon, click it to play the video. Hit the Subtitle icon to choose a subtitle you want, and tap on the Audio icon to switch audio tracks.
Step 4 Play videos with multiple subtitles and audio tracks.
Choose MP4 or MOV format as output from the Output Format: drop-down list. Remember only MP4 and MOV video formats allow turning on and off any subtitles when watching on TV. Finally, click on the Start All button to save all changes and convert the video. If you have extracted subtitles, the subtitle files can be found by opening the folder-like icon under the Finished tab.
Now, you can play your videos on TV with any subtitles and audio tracks you want. Enjoy your movies with the help of Wondershare UniConverter.
Note: With Wondershare UniConverter, you can convert videos with subtitles in simple steps. Move to How to Add Subtitles on Videos in an Easy Method >> to learn more.