Convert DVD to Any Format
As the DVD discs are not so popular as before, you probably want to back up your favorite videos from the DVD disc to your computer. Or if you have a video on a DVD and you want to run it on your phone, you will first need to convert it into a format supported by your phone and then play it on your device. Converting a video from DVD into another file format is quite easy through Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate). Just follow the steps below.
Video Tutorial: Wondershare UniConverter - Convert DVD to Video
Step 1 Load the videos from DVD.
1. Insert the DVD disc to your DVD drive. If you own a external DVD drive, then connect it with your computer.
2. Go to the Convert section > the Converting tab of Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate). And click the drop-down icon beside Load DVD and then select the DVD drive disk from the drop down list.
3. A window will pop up, two options are available for your choice: Main Movies or All Movies. Here we choose All Movies for example, then click OK to start loading videos.
After a while, all the videos from DVD disc have been added to the conversion queue.
Step 2 Choose the output format.
1. Click the drop-down icon beside Convert all files to: to enter the drop down list of the output format.
2. Click the Video tab to enter the interface which lists all of the video output formats.
3. Select the output format for the videos, for example MOV.
4. A list of presets appears on the right side of the format. Here, you can choose the preset without a specified resolution to convert with the original resolution by default, or choose a different resolution for the files, double-click it. Then, the selected output format will be shown at the right side of the Converting window.
Step 3 Edit the video files (optional).
If you want to edit a video before the conversion, you can click one of the three buttons listed as below to edit your videos.
1. Trim your video.
2. Crop your video.
3. Apply effects, add watermark, add subtitles, adjust volumes for your video.
Step 4 Convert the videos.
Finally, click the Convert All button in the bottom-right corner to start converting the videos.
Tips: You can turn on the switch High Speed Conversion to speed up the conversion.
Step 5 Find the converted media files.
1. After the conversion completes, find the converted videos in the Converted tab.
2. Click the folder icon to open the output folder from where you can find the converted files.
Tips: You can change the output folder by clicking Menu > Preferences > Location to enter the Location tab and change the path.