- TRY FREE TRY FREE
- 1. Video Editor +
- 2. Audio Editor+
- DVD Users
- Social Media Users
- Camera Users
- Creative Design
- Movie Users
- Travelling Fans
- Educational Users
- More Solutions
- Game Lovers
Top 10 MP4 Editor Online Free
by Christine Smith • 2023-02-16 11:44:49 • Proven solutions
“Is there an MP4 editor online that is also free? If yes, does it keep the overall quality of the file similar to the original one? Can I edit videos of other formats as well from the specific tool?”
There are, in fact, quite a few MP4 editors online that offer their services for free to users worldwide. Moreover, the said editors allow you to convert the format of said MP4 video without causing any damage to the quality. Here, we will share all the essential information on the top 10 MP4 editors and how they differ from the desktop editors.
- Part 1. Top 10 Free MP4 Editor to Edit MP4 Video Online
- Part 2. A Recommended MP4 Editor & Converter for Windows/Mac
- Part 3. FAQs of Editing MP4 File
Part 1. Top 10 Free MP4 Editor to Edit MP4 Video Online
Online editing services help you save time and avoid the hassle of installing advanced editing software on the computer. Moreover, such tools are accessible from the browser of any desktop or mobile device. Here, we will discuss the top MP4 editors and what kind of convenience they offer to the user.
1. Veed MP4 Editor
An intuitive platform that offers all the features of an advanced video editor, Veed MP4 editor is on the top of the list. The tool allows the users to quickly add images, subtitles, effects, and much more to the MP4 file. The service is simple to use and works efficiently on any modern web browser.
The steps to edit MP4 files online using Veed editor are as follows:
- Open the tool on your browser and click on Get Started Now.
- Upload the MP4 file and edit it according to your requirements.
- Click on Export to save the edited MP4 file back to your PC.
- That’s it!
Kapwing is a popular and simple online video editing platform. It offers all the basic and advanced utilities that make editing easy and professional. Moreover, the service supports notable formats such as MP4, 3GP, and AVI.
Here are the steps to edit MP4 clips using Kapwing:
- Open the tool on your system’s browser and upload the MP4 video.
- Edit the MP4 file that includes trimming and cutting it.
- Once you complete the process, click on Done and download the video file.
It is a multi-purpose editing platform. The tool offers to edit MP4 videos online. Moreover, you can convert, compress, and improve the media files’ overall quality. It also provides a dedicated browser extension to cut the MP4 videos online instantly.
Follow the steps listed below to learn the method to trim MP4 online:
- Go to the tool’s webpage and select video cutter.
- Click on Choose File to upload MP4 from the PC.
- Edit the video and download it back to the desktop.
Clideo is a reliable online tool that supports all the popular video formats, including MP4, MOV, MPG, and VOB. You can perform fast video cutting and convert the video to the desired format in a user-friendly setup.
Edit MP4 file online by following the step-by-step guide below:
- Once you open the tool on your browser, click on Choose File to import the MP4 video.
- Edit the clip and click on Cut when you finish the process.
- Click on the Download tab and save the edited MP4 file to your system.
EZGIF is a user-friendly MP4 editor that is compatible with your routine web-browser. Other than MP4, it supports several file formats, including WebM, AVI, MPEG, FLV, and 3GP. However, the platform only allows editing a file under 100MB, which could be an issue, given MP4 videos have large file sizes.
Check the tutorial listed below to learn how to edit MP4 clips online using EZGIF:
- Open the tool and click on Choose File button and then Upload Video to import the MP4 clip.
- Enable any feature to edit MP4 online and click on the Cut Video tab.
- Hit the Save button and store the edited file on your computer.
You would need to create an account on ClipChamp to get access to the video editing services. Though some users could feel it as an inconvenience, the tool’s interface and features make up for it. It is simple to use and allows you to professionally edit the MP4 video, much like any desktop editing software.
Please follow the steps mentioned below to know how to edit video size online:
- Sign in to your ClipChamp account.
- Open the video editor function.
- Import the file and edit/trim/cut the MP4 clip.
- Download the video to your PC.
You can also get assistance from the trusty AConvert file manager to briefly edit your MP4 videos. However, more advanced functions are not available with this tool. There is a file limit as well that prevents you from editing the MP4 file past a specific limit.
The steps to edit any video file using AConvert is listed below:
- Open AConvert and click on Choose File.
- Trim the imported video and click on Submit.
- Download it to your computer.
9. Wondershare VidAir
Wondershare VidAir is another quality product offered by Wondershare. It allows you to edit videos professionally online that you wish to upload on social media or promote your online business. You can edit the clip in various formats without any hassle on the platform. Moreover, it works with every modern web browser.
If you wish to edit video size online, follow the how-to guide stated below:
- Open VidAir and choose a Template.
- Enter the Video Editor Overview and upload your video. Moreover, you can edit the MP4 video according to your needs from there.
- Save the video and click on Export to store it back on your computer.
FlexClip offers the user a wide variety of key features and visual effects that make the MP4 more presentable to a broader audience. The service supports several formats, and you can utilize a vast number of pre-made templates available on the platform.
Here are the steps to manage MP4 videos using FlexClip:
- Open FlexClip and select a template.
- Upload the video and trim/cut/edit it.
- Download the edited clip on the system.
Part 2. A Recommended MP4 Editor & Converter for Windows/Mac
Online video editors can only allow or offer a limited amount of features to the user. It could be an issue, especially when the video is a larger size. Wondershare UniConverter provides a broader setup and room to edit videos in MP4 and 1000+ file formats. Moreover, the software is available on Windows and macOS.
Check out the unique features of Wondershare UniConverter below:
Wondershare UniConverter - Best Video Converter for Mac/Windows
You can convert the video to the desired format.
Video compression resizes the MP4 clip, making it compatible with smaller devices such as your smartphone.
You can download and edit videos straight from online video sites using the UniConverter.
Download the software on your Windows PC or Mac computer and follow the guide listed below to edit MP4 video:
Step 1 Run the UniConverter and Import the File
Double-click on the UniConverter’s icon and launch it. Click on the Video Editor tab and select what type of editing you wish to apply to the video. After that, import the MP4 video. You can choose any option, including Trim, Effects, Subtitles, and Crop.
Step 2 Edit the MP4 File
Trim the video and extract the unnecessary segments from the clip. Click on OK and proceed to the next step.
Step 3 Save the MP4 File
Select the File Location for the edited video. Click on the Save tab and store it on your desktop.
Part 3. FAQs of Editing MP4 File
You will find answers to common MP4 file editing-related queries here:
1. What are the advantages of MP4?
MP4 is one of the most familiar video file formats. Moreover, it is compatible with every device, including PC, MAC, Smartphone, TV, and even Consoles. Additionally, its high degree of compression makes the video file size comparatively smaller than any other video file format.
2. What is video editing? What are the different types of video editing?
Video editing is a method to manage video files that includes trimming them or cutting specific parts of the clip. Moreover, the editing process allows you to add particular effects and subtitles to the video. You can make an average video into something more presentable using editing software such as the UniConverter.
Your complete video toolbox