- TRY IT FREE TRY IT FREE
- 1. FLV Video Tool+
- 1.1 FLV Splitter
- 1.2 FLV Player
- 1.3 Free FLV Player
- 1.4 Free FLV Player for Mac
- 1.5 Online FLV Converter
- 1.6 FLV Converter for Win10
- 1.7 Free FLV to MP3 Converter
- 1.8 Free FLV to WAV Converter
- 1.9 Free FLV to 3GP Converter
- 1.10 FLV to WMV Converter
- 1.11 FLV to WebM Converter
- 1.12 FLV to AVI Converter Online
- 1.13 MP4 to FLV Converter Online
- 1.14 AVI to FLV Converter
- 1.15 WMV to FLV Converter
- 2. Convert FLV to Other Format+
- 2.1 Convert FLV to MP4
- 2.2 Convert FLV to MP4 Free
- 2.3 Convert FLV to MP4 Mac
- 2.4 Convert FLV to MOV
- 2.5 Convert FLV to MOV Online
- 2.6 Convert FLV to AVI
- 2.7 Convert FLV to MKV
- 2.8 Convert FLV to M4V
- 2.9 Convert FLV to MP3
- 2.10 Convert FLV to DivX
- 2.11 Convert FLV to VOB
- 2.12 Convert FLV to SWF
- 2.13 Convert FLV to DV
- 2.14 Convert FLV to iPad
- 3. Convert Other Format to FLV+
- 4. Play & Edit FLV Tips+
- 4.1 Play FLV in VLC
- 4.2 Play FLV on TV
- 4.3 Stream FLV to TV with Google Chromecast
- 4.4 Play FLV on Xbox One
- 4.5 Play FLV in PS4/PS3
- 4.6 Play FLV in Windows Media Player
- 4.8 Compress FLV Videos
- 4.9 Edit FLV in Windows Movie maker
- 4.10 Edit FLV in Adobe Premiere
- 4.11 Edit FLV in Final Cut Pro
- 4.12 Edit FLV in Sony Vegas Pro
- 4.13 Edit FLV in Sony Movie Studio
- 4.14 Edti FLV in iMovie for Editing
- 4.16 Insert FLV to Powerpoint
- 4.17 What is an FLV File
[2023 NEW] 6 Free FLV Players for Mac Users
Developed by Adobe Systems, FLV is the most widely used video format adopted by online video sharing platforms such as YouTube, Hulu, VEVO, Metacafe and many others. If you download video clips from the internet and want to play them on your Mac, you cannot do so without an FLV player Mac. Since many of the products developed by Adobe Systems are designed to run on Windows, you might encounter problems trying to play FLV videos on a Mac computer. As we all know, Apple's default media player-QuickTime doesn't come with the codecs required to play FLV files.
To play videos in FLV format, Mac users often turn to Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) to convert your FLV video to Mac supported formats, or search additional plugins for Quicktime, or install a third-party FLV player. In this article, we have collected the 6 Best media players recommended to play FLV videos on Mac (Mojave included).
- Part 1. Tips on Choosing the Best FLV Video Player for Mac
- Part 2. 6 Useful Media Players Recommended to Play FLV Videos on Mac (Mojave included)
There are hundreds of video players available today online, which one is the best choice? A good FLV player:
- Should offer crisp image quality
- Should feature a user-friendly interface
- Must be free of ads, viruses, malware or spyware
- Have a strong coding ability and should let us play videos in many other formats
- Be light on resources and take up little disk space
- Wondershare UniConverter for Mac
- Wimpy Player
- VLC Media Player
- Elmedia Player
- Sothink FLV Player
Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) -Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Convert video to over 1000 formats, including MP4, AVI, WMV, FLV, MKV, MOV and more
- Convert to optimized preset for almost all of the devices
- 90X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters
- Edit, enhance & personalize your video files
- Burn and customize your DVD with free DVD menu templates
- Download or record videos from 10,000+ video sharing sites
- Versatile toolbox combines fix video metadata, GIF maker, VR converter and screen recorder
- Industry-leading APEXTRANS technology converts videos with zero quality loss or video compression
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
2. Wimpy Player
Pros: User-friendly interface and plays files easily.
Cons: Unattractive layout and basic features
5KPlayer is an all-purpose media player that handles FLV media well. Its enhanced playback capabilities also allow it to play 4K and 5K videos in other video formats such as MKV, AVI, FLV, WMV, MP4 and more. This amazing FLV player allows you to download videos from video sharing websites, play videos with multiple subtitles and stream video or music on your iPhone, iPad, iPod to Mac.
In addition to its video player capabilities, 5KPlayer can also play most of the popular music file formats such as MP3, AAC, AC3 and FLAC. 5KPlayer comes with many useful features and aims to provide a complete media user-experience.
Pros: It is well organized, and its sleek interface makes it easy to use.
Cons: Not customizable and difficult to uninstall.
VLC Player is a well-known lightweight video player that allows Mac users to play FLV video files without requiring them to install additional codecs. Among video players, it is famous for supporting the most video formats across major operating systems. This media player packs a lot of advanced features for a free program. It gives users the ability to preview incomplete/partially downloaded files and stream live content from the internet. VLC also supports almost all of the music file formats music available today, and its graphic equalizer and visualization features are sure to enhance your music experience.
- It is 100% free, no strings attached
- Highly customizable
Cons: Does not play Blu-ray movies
Elmedia Video Player is an alternative media player for Mac that can handle FLV video format, without requiring the installation of additional codecs. It is available as a free version and paid version, which upgrades the player to unlock audio playback control settings, allow downloading of YouTube content, and grab still images from videos.
Like many of the players in this list, Elmedia Player supports various audio and video formats, including FLV, SWF, MP4, AVI, MOV, MP4, DAT, MP3, etc. Mac users can also create and save playlists, load subtitle files and adjust the playback speed.
Pros: Create and manage playlists easily
- Tries to install extra components
- Heavy on resources
Sothink FLV Player is a multifunctional media player for Mac, which can play a variety of formats, including FLV. It is lightweight, easy to use, and supports a lot of codecs, including Screen Video, Sorenson H. 263 and , on2 vp6, and many others.
This media player's interface is clean and simplistic. It allows Mac users to download online videos and gives access to other basic tools, including pause and stop, volume adjusts, jump frames backward/forward, etc.
Pros: User-friendly interface
Cons: Occasional bugs