- TRY IT FREE TRY IT FREE
- 1. FLV Video Tool+
- 1.1 FLV Splitter
- 1.2 FLV Player
- 1.3 Free FLV Player
- 1.4 Free FLV Player for Mac
- 1.5 Online FLV Converter
- 1.6 FLV Converter for Win10
- 1.7 Free FLV to MP3 Converter
- 1.8 Free FLV to WAV Converter
- 1.9 Free FLV to 3GP Converter
- 1.10 FLV to WMV Converter
- 1.11 FLV to WebM Converter
- 1.12 FLV to AVI Converter Online
- 1.13 MP4 to FLV Converter Online
- 1.14 AVI to FLV Converter
- 1.15 WMV to FLV Converter
- 2. Convert FLV to Other Format+
- 2.1 Convert FLV to MP4
- 2.2 Convert FLV to MP4 Free
- 2.3 Convert FLV to MP4 Mac
- 2.4 Convert FLV to MOV
- 2.5 Convert FLV to MOV Online
- 2.6 Convert FLV to AVI
- 2.7 Convert FLV to MKV
- 2.8 Convert FLV to M4V
- 2.9 Convert FLV to MP3
- 2.10 Convert FLV to DivX
- 2.11 Convert FLV to VOB
- 2.12 Convert FLV to SWF
- 2.13 Convert FLV to DV
- 2.14 Convert FLV to iPad
- 3. Convert Other Format to FLV+
- 4. Play & Edit FLV Tips+
- 4.1 Play FLV in VLC
- 4.2 Play FLV on TV
- 4.3 Stream FLV to TV with Google Chromecast
- 4.4 Play FLV on Xbox One
- 4.5 Play FLV in PS4/PS3
- 4.6 Play FLV in Windows Media Player
- 4.7 Play FLV in Galaxy s6
- 4.8 Compress FLV Videos
- 4.9 Edit FLV in Windows Movie maker
- 4.10 Edit FLV in Adobe Premiere
- 4.11 Edit FLV in Final Cut Pro
- 4.12 Edit FLV in Sony Vegas Pro
- 4.13 Edit FLV in Sony Movie Studio
- 4.14 Edti FLV in iMovie for Editing
- 4.15 Upload FLV to YouTube
- 4.16 Insert FLV to Powerpoint
- 4.17 What is an FLV File
Inserting FLV to a PowerPoint helps make a better, more appealing, and more interesting presentation. Unfortunately, FLV is a native document file created by Adobe Flash program, in the form of .f4v and FLV format, which is incompatible with the PowerPoint and cannot be attached to a PowerPoint directly. However, the PowerPoint supports many other file formats such as AVI, WMV, and many others. Therefore, the practical way to attach an FLV video to a PPT is converting them to other formats that can be inserted into the PowerPoint directly. This article has outlined four effective ways of attaching FLV to PowerPoint slides, including converting files to compatible formats using Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate).
- Part 1. Add a Direct Link to Online FLV Video
- Part 2. Convert FLV to Other Video Formats (WMV, AVI, and MPEG)
- Part 3. Use Add-on Tools to Embed FLV Directly
- Part 4. Add a Shockwave Flash Object
- Part 5. Tips on Inserting Converted FLV to PPT
Step 1 Insert any object that can be edited to the PowerPoint. You can insert a dialog box, an image, or a shape.
Step 2 Then right-click on the object you embed and then from the listed options, choose “Hyperlink.”
Step 3 After clicking “Hyperlink,” you can add or paste the URL of the FLV video that you want to link.
Step 4 Click on the object with the video links, and once you do that, a new browser will pop up and take you to the page where the video is to be played.
Step 5 You can get the URL of the FLV video by copying the video address from the YouTube address bar.
Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is the best solution to FLV conversions. It helps convert FLV to PowerPoint compatible formats such as AVI, MPEG, WMV, etc. The converter effectively retains the original quality of the video file, and it converts at a speed that is 90 times faster than other converters. Apart from converting FLV video files, the Wondershare Ultimate converts other files such as MOV, 3GP, WMV, MKV, MP4, VOB, and many other video and audio files. The tool has a preview and editing option, and you can preview and edit your video file before conversion.
- Convert video to over 1000 formats, including MP4, AVI, WMV, FLV, MKV, MOV, and more
- Convert to optimized preset for almost all of the devices.
- 90X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your video files
- Burn and customize your DVD with free DVD menu templates
- Download or record videos from 10,000+ video sharing sites
- Versatile toolbox combines fix video metadata, GIF maker, VR converter, and screen recorder
- Industry-leading APEXTRANS technology converts videos with zero quality loss or video compression
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
The conversion of FLV with Wondershare Converter Ultimate entails three simple steps which include:
Step 1 Add the FLV Videos to the Converter
Launch Wondershare Converter on your computer. Then add the FLV video file that you want to convert. Click “Add Files” for Windows or “File >Load Media File” for Mac. Alternatively, drag the FLV file and drop it into the window of the app.
Step 2 Choose a PowerPoint Supported Output File
Go to the “Output Format” and then from the “Format” option, click “Videos” all the supported video output formats will be displayed. Choose WMV, AVI or MPEG or any other file format that can be attached to a PowerPoint. You can also edit the FLV file by clicking the “Settings” option to crop, rotate, change brightness, volume, or add special effects to your video file before converting it.
Step 3 Convert FLV to the Selected Format
Click the “Convert” button to start transforming your FLV file. The conversion will be over in few minutes, and you can now add the converter FLV file to your PPT.
You can embed FLV files by installing some add-on tools such as PowerPoint to Flash Converter PPT2Flash.
Step 1 To add the PowerPoint to Flash Converter PPT2Flash, just open the PowerPoint. From the toolbar, you will see an extra “PPT2Flash”.
Step 2 From the toolbar, click “Insert Flash.” Then, select the FLV file that you want to put into the PowerPoint slide.
Step 3 For you to preview the added FLV video, you can press the F5.
Step 1 Open the PowerPoint on your computer. From the PowerPoint options, click on “New Slide” to open a new slide where you will place the FLV video that you wish to add.
Step 2 Go to the top toolbar and then select “Developer.” After clicking the “Developer” option, choose “More Controls.” A small dialog window will be presented. From the dialog window, find the “Shockwave Flash Object.”
Step 3 Make a rectangular box on the opened slide. After drawing the box, right-click on it, and from the options that will be displayed, choose “Properties.”
Step 4 Go to the item “Movie” and then fill the blank space by entering the link address or the FLV video location. Then close the properties bar after inserting the information.
Step 5 To preview the FLV video in the PowerPoint, press the F5.
Generally, there're 2 options for you to insert converted FLV file to PPT.
- Open the target PowerPoint file on your computer.
- Click the “Insert” list at the top of the window. From the “Insert” menu, choose “Movie and Sounds” And then select “Movie from the file.”
- Go to your video files and then select the converted FLV file to add it. Click “OK” to confirm.
A dialog box will pop up. From it, choose whether to play the video automatically. You can preview the video by clicking the F5 button.
- Open the PPT file where you need to insert the FLV video.
- Click the “View” option, then go to the “Toolbars” and hit the “Control Toolbox.”
- Click “More Controls” for further actions.
- Drag the video screen area with the “+” icon.
- Right-click on that area, and from the many listed options, you select “Properties.”
- From the “Properties” window, insert the location path of the video. You can also insert the URL in the URL box. Then you can input the video by clicking “Browse.” Uncheck “Auto Start” from the playback option to prevent the video from playing automatically.
- Click the “OK” button to verify your selection.
- Change the video's path to the new path that you have put to ensure that your video plays smoothly.
Note that the above description is based on PowerPoint 2003 and the Windows Media Player 9.0. The choices may vary depending on the version on your computer.