- TRY FREE TRY FREE
- 1. Video Player +
- 2. Audio Player +
- 3. Video/Audio Player Alternatives +
- 4. Video/Audio Players for Mobile +
- 4.1 WMV Player for Android/iPhone
- 4.2 M4A Player for Android
- 4.3 M4B Player for Android
- 4.4 Music Player for Android
- 4.5 Play Blu-ray on Xbox 360
- 4.6 Play CD on Xbox One
- 4.7 FLV Player for Android
- 4.8 WebM Player for Android/iPhone
- 4.9 iPad Video Player
- 4.10 Play Blu-ray on Xbox One
- 4.11 Play MKV on PS4
- DVD Users
- Social Media Users
- Camera Users
- Creative Design
- Movie Users
- Travelling Fans
- Educational Users
- More Solutions
- Game Lovers
How to Play WMV on iPhone/Android
by Christine Smith • 2023-02-16 11:44:49 • Proven solutions
If your iPhone or Android smartphone does not support WMV files or having issues with file playback owing to incompatible codecs, corrupted files, or other reasons, the best solution is to either convert the file or use another third-party player app. To know about the top players and conversion tools to play WMV on iPhone and Android are enlisted below.
- Part 1. Why WMV file is not playing
- Part 2. 3 Useful WMV Player for Android and iPhone
- Part 3. [Recommended] Convert WMV to Android / iPhone for Better Playback
Part 1. Why WMV file is not playing
WMV files may not play on your iPhone or Android devices due to several reasons and the most common ones are enlisted below.
- The codecs of the file are not compatible with the player
- WMV files are corrupted
- The default player of the devices does not support playback of WMV files
Part 2. 3 Useful WMV Player for Android and iPhone
We have shortlisted the 3 useful WMV payers for Android and iPhone as below.
1. PlayerXtreme Media Player
This is a free app for Android and Apple devices that offers IAP. This is a powerful app that supports playing media files in almost all formats and also supports online streaming. With multi-language support, the player app comes with an array of features like screen rotation, video aspect ratio, repeat and shuffle, subtitle delay, and more.
- Wide range of format support including WAV, WMV, 3GP, AVI, FLV, MP4, and many more. Direct file playing without any conversion.
- All popular subtitle formats supported including SRT, TXT, SMI, and more
- Audio and Video streaming supported through PC, websites, and NAS drive
2. WMV HD Player
This is a popular app that is available for your Android as well as Apple devices. Supporting all key formats, the app allows playing videos from the device, camera, messaging apps, and SD card.
- Play media files in WMV, MPEG, MP3, AVI, M2TS, and a host of other formats including HD, Full HD, and UHD.
- Multiple playback options are available like positioning, volume control, subtitle support, looping the video, and more.
- Creating custom playlist and sharing videos with the other apps
One of the most widely used apps for Android and Apple for playing videos in almost all formats is KMPlayer. Without any ads, the player supports all types of subtitles.
- Video playback in all popular formats with support to all types of subtitles
- Allows playing files through URL with Chromecast support
- Additional features are supported like a bookmark, color adjustment, speed control, equalizer, popup play, and more.
Part 3. [Recommended] Convert WMV to Android / iPhone for Better Playback
For hassle-free playback of WMV files on your smartphone without any compatibility issues, the best solution is to convert the files to iPhone and Android and the best-recommended software for the same is Wondershare UniConverter. This powerful video toolbox allows converting media files to more than 1000 formats as well as pre-set device-specific profiles in lossless quality.
Key features of the software:
Wondershare UniConverter - Best Video Converter for Mac/Windows
Convert WMV and other files to more than 1000 formats and devices
Lossless quality conversion with batch processing support
Built-in editor to trim, crop, cut, add effects and customize videos in different ways
Download videos from more than 10,000 sites
Toolbox with support to an array of functions like file transfer to an array of devices, DVD burning, compression, CD ripping, and more
Windows and Mac support
Steps to convert WMV to Android and iPhone using Wondershare UniConverter
Step 1 Add WMV files to the software
Launch the software and from the Video Converter tab click on the Add Files icon or the + sign to browse and import the WMV files. You can also drag and drop the files to the interface.
Step 2 Choose Android or iPhone as the output format
Open the drop-down menu at the Output Format tab and select the Device section. Next, you need to choose Android or Apple from the left side panel and the right side will show the related devices. Choose the desired Android or iPhone device to which you wish to convert the WMV files.
Step 3 Convert WMV to Android/iPhone
File Location tab can be browsed to select the desktop folder to save the converted files. Click on the Start All button to finally start the conversion process. Check the Finished tab for the processed files on the interface.
The software can also transfer the converted files to your choice of device so that you can play WMV on Android or Apple without any compatibility issues.
Your complete video toolbox