- 1. Convert M4A to Other Formats+
- 2. Convert Other Formats to M4A+
- 3. M4A Converters+
- DVD Users
- Social Media Users
- Camera Users
- Creative Design
- Movie Users
- Travelling Fans
- Educational Users
- More Solutions
Top 11 FLAC to M4A Conveters in 2022
by Christine Smith • 2022-03-22 13:55:37 • Proven solutions
FLAC is the abbreviated term for Free Lossless Audio Codec. It is primarily a format meant for audio coding to compress the audios in digital form. The format can function exactly equivalent to the MP3 format. The distinguishing part is that it’s lossless, which means there is no compromise with quality in the audio player. The good news is that there are multiple options available for audio players that work well with the specific functionality. This is the reason that the demand for tools to convert FLAC to M4A has also grown massively. One may use these audio formats and different platforms ranging from Windows, Android, Mac to iOS. All that one need is to convert as per the device type. And you will also know how to convert FLAC to M4A in this article.
- Part 1. How to convert FLAC to M4A without losing quality
- Part 2. Other 3 FLAC to M4A converters for the recommendation
- Part 3. The best 7 converters to convert FLAC to M4A online
It is here to note that the FLAC format can lower the size of uncompressed audio to the extent of even fifty percent. Additionally, most of the audio players are getting compatible with this format. One doesn’t even need to go through a lot of hustle to convert FLAC to M4A without losing quality. All these are the reasons that so many people are inquiring about how to convert FLAC to M4A. Provided below is a step-by-step guide on how to achieve this conversion.
Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is one of the most popular FLAC to M4A Converters. Being used by more than 50 million customers is enough to depict the popularity of the platform. The best part is that it can hasten the conversion rate to thirty times, thus saving the time wasted simply upon waiting. Moreover, this efficacy can be achieved without any loss of quality. Not just that, the mentioned above speed is attainable for only a single file; Wondershare Uniconverter is capable of attaining this efficiency for bulk conversion as well.
Supports more than 1000 audio formats
Not just FLAC, one can convert other formats like MP3, WMAA, ACC, OGG, AC3, AIFF, APE, AU, and much more
Facilitates conversion without compromise of quality
Conversion can be achieved at 90 times greater efficiency
Download or record videos from 10,000+ video sharing sites
Industry-leading APEXTRANS technology converts videos with zero quality loss or video compression
Versatile toolbox combines video metadata editor, GIF maker, video compressor, and screen recorder
Step 1 Load the audio files.
First of all, one has to install the Wondershare audio converter for getting started. Next, one needs to click on Converter, followed by the Add Files icon to add concerned audio files to be converted into a specific format. Otherwise, one may drag the concerned file and drop it on its interface.
Step 2 Pick the desired format of the output.
Put a click on the downward-facing arrow mark by the side of Output Format where one can find the list of formats. Now you have to select one desired format of the output and then select the audio quality at its right.
Step 3 Convert audio files on Windows with lossless quality.
Finally, after making the selection as per the desired output, put a tap on Start All option evident at the extreme right bottom. The entire audio files can be turned in to the desired audio format in a speedy while. For positioning the files converted on your system, you need to click on the Folder icon by the side of the File Location tab visible at the bottom of the display.
Undoubtedly, Wondershare UniConverter is the most popular FLAC to M4A converter. To be specific, those who often have to go for bulk conversion prefer Wondershare UniConverter. But that’s certainly not the only option. The following three can be equivalently good options as well to convert FLAC to M4A. Go through the below sections to check out the features making these options equally distinguishing.
Apowersoft Video Converter Studio can be an excellent option for converting FLAC to M4A that supports all audio formats. Similarly, it can deliver the output in numerous formats. Moreover, they allow the users to customize the output as per the desired quality and format. The factor that distinguishes Apowersoft Video Converter Studio is its ability to update the list of formats, thus making it even more significant.
● Being user-friendly is one of the prime factors behind Apowersoft Video Converter Studio getting so much popular. Its interface is pretty simple; even someone with zero technical expertise can easily use that. The conversion can be done simply in the drag-and-drop method.
● Conversion efficacy of Apowersoft Video Converter Studio is simply excellent. It enables users to convert multiple files at one stretch.
● One can customize the output as per the desired quality and format by selecting the desired format and quality through a drop-down bar.
Freemake Video Converter is considered one of the best FLAC to M4A converters, enabling users to convert more than 500 formats. This is available absolutely for free and works with a huge range of devices. Moreover, it enables users to convert to any size version as per the space available within the system. Above all, this is a thoroughly proven tool having a massive 103 million user base.
● Using Free make Video Converter, one can manage to do conversion between more than 500 formats. Along with the most reckoned formats, it works well with the distinct non-protected formats as well.
● Freemake Video Converter is considered one of the thoroughly proven tools acknowledged by TechRadar and is thoroughly tested by Tested.com.
● Freemake Video Converter is one of the fastest of its kind tools with a download speed faster than anything else of its contemporary.
FFmpeg can be the all-inclusive tool for free FLAC to M4A converter Windows that can convert in a huge range of formats. It is quite known for the simplicity it provides in terms of usage. Compared with the traditional way of downloads and later doing the installation, the customized settings of it have turned out to be more significant for the users. The best part about FFmpeg is that it works well with all types of devices and gadgets and is quite user-friendly.
● At the same time, enabling users in conversion can be the perfect cross-platform solution for recording purposes and the audios.
● It can be equally suitable for the beginner level users, as well as for the pros. Along with precise settings for beginner level users, it brings advanced settings for professionals as well.
● FFmpeg is quite an efficient tool that converts into the desired format and quality within a few clicks.
Online UniConverter is a fantastic free FLAC to M4A converter, enabling users to convert FLAC files intoM4A over the web absolutely for free. It enables users to have an unlimited audio conversion on the desktop. Desktop users don’t need to worry as it is available absolutely for free to be downloaded for them.
● Starting from upload to download, everything can be accomplished in absolutely no time
● Offers more than 1000 format
● Through batch conversion, multiple files can be sent at one stretch
● Claimed as 30 times faster than others
● Works well mostly with desktops; not so efficient on other
● May not be suitable for larger size files
● Download the converted files sometimes gets slower
Zamzar can be an efficient way of FLAC to M4A converter online. It can enable the users to do conversions in 16 types of audio formats along 9 formats for compressed files. The best part about Zamzar is that it works fantastic with most of the devices. It has got a smooth interface that can be used easily by anyone.
● It is available absolutely for free allowing files of up to 50 MB. Moreover, registered users can obtain greater file size options.
● It offers the facility of emailing the files that have been converted pretty instantly.
● The incredible facility of managing files through Zamzar inbox facilitates sending files to friends and another group of people at a stretch.
● Waiting time meant for the free users is comparatively longer
● The files converted can only remain for a single day in the Zamzar server
● Doesn’t offer a bulk conversion facility
CloudConvert can be an excellent FLAC to M4A converter free. It is quite a user-friendly platform offering a simplistic set up along with a thoroughly documented API. It brings an incredible range of conversion formats, and the output is ensured to be flawless without any corrupt files or any issues.
● It is super-efficient and superfast upon having smooth internet connectivity
● Incredible features provided at the free tier level
● Cost-effective in nature with incredible support offered
● On some occasions, the files get messed up when the font is not found within CloudConvert
● May not be simple enough for the beginners
● Not the fastest of its kind
Convertio is an excellent platform to convert FLAC to M4A online. It is user-friendly that enables users to do conversion simply through the drag-and-drop method. The platform allows around 10 conversions in one day, which should be adequate for a normal user. There is no need for extra signing-in as well.
● One can retrieve the files converted on the same day, sometimes later as the files remain cached
● Comparatively faster in nature
● One of the most user-friendly platforms for the conversion of FLAC to M4A
● It may not work well with devices not updated in terms of its browser
● Doesn’t work too efficiently for larger files
● Bulk conversion can be time-consuming
Online Converter can be a significant way of converting convert FLAC to M4A free. It involves only three steps for getting the desired output. There is absolutely no need for downloading or doing the installation of any software. In other words, there remain no constraints of the device in this way of conversion.
● Offers up to 200 MB file size support at a time
● The interface is quite simplistic, which is very much about the drag-and-drop method
● Post completion, it shows a webpage to have a view of the converted result
● Not among the most suitable options for bulk conversion
● Sometimes the conversion process gets too slow; on such occasions, one might have to cancel and submit again
● Doesn’t work with encrypted audio files
As the name suggests, FreeConvert is a free and the best FLAC to M4A converter. Most importantly, it is considered one of the safest ways of converting FLAC to M4A. Powered by the open-source and customized tool, the platform has delivered the most optimal outcome.
● Quite reputed for delivering best quality output
● Works excellent with all types of browsers
● File security is quite guaranteed as these are secured through 256-bit SSL encryption
● The converted files get deleted only within 2 hours
● Not so convenient way for bulk conversion
● May not be suitable for beginner level users
It is one of the finest platforms for those intended to convert FLAC to M4A over the web. The process followed here is quite simple, that is moreover about 3 steps. It works well for the conversion of a massive range of file types. The files can be saved over Google Drive as well.
● One of the finest online platforms for batch conversion
● It spontaneously gets started with another server the moment one fails
● Offers scope of storing over the web through Google Drive or Dropbox
● It can be time-consuming on those occasions when it fails to get converted
● The conversion process can be time-consuming for bigger size files
● May not work well with older or outdated browsers
All said and done, the conversion of FLAC to M4A online is no more a big challenge having so many free options available. Each of the mentioned above options can be equally significant for those interested in converting FLAC to M4A if those little issues are ignored. The best recommendation would be to pick the most suitable option as per the device type or by the file size.