- 1. DivX Players +
- 2. DivX Converters +
- 3. Convert DivX Videos +
- 4. Tips & Tricks for DivX Conversion +
Best 5 DivX Player for Mac and Windows You Should Know
DivX is one of the most recognizable video file types. However, still, several media players cannot support DivX videos. There are only a handful of DivX players available. It could get tricky for the average user to find them for their system. Fortunately, we have compiled the list of 5 best DivX players compatible with macOS and Windows. Please read this guide till the end to learn their names and utilities.
- Part 1. Is DivX Still Used
- Part 2. Best DivX Player / Converter for Mac and Windows
- Part 3. 4 Other Useful DivX Player for Mac and Windows
- Part 4. Summary
DivX is one of the oldest video file formats that also functions as a container for the user’s convenience. It was instrumental in the creation of the H.264 codec for the MKV extension for videos. The quality of videos offered by DivX is second to none.
It is among the handful of file types that still works on pretty much every digital platform, including Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS. It is the reason why users and developers still use the DivX format.
If you are looking for software that allows playing DivX movies while offering the opportunity to change its file type, try using Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate). The reliable application is compatible with every version of Windows and macOS X.
Moreover, you can edit the DivX video professionally and share it on platforms like Youtube. You will get the option to convert the DivX video into over 1000 file types, including audio. The multi-purpose tool can fix video metadata and offers you to transfer the media file to any portable device.
Wondershare UniConverter - Best Video Converter Windows/Mac (Catalina Included)
- Play and Convert audio/videos over 1000 formats flexibly and easily.
- It allows you to do fast and easy audio/ video editing.
- It supports burning the videos to IOS files, DVD folders, or DVD discs simply by using this software.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, macOS 11 Big Sur, 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7.
The Method to Convert DivX media file to any preferred format is listed below:
Step 1 Add the DivX Film to Wondershare UniConverter.
Download the UniConverter and install it instantly. From the Start menu, click on the program’s icon and run it on your Windows/Mac system.
Under the Video Converter tab, click on Add Files and upload the DivX video. The upload process will take some time, depending on the file size of the video.
Step 2 Change the Settings.
Once the video is added to the interface, click on the Settings icon right next to it. Access the Video tab and select any output video format you prefer. Click on create to finalize the settings. You can also adjust the bit-rate and the resolution of the video during the process.
Step 3 Convert and Play the DivX Video.
You can click on the DivX video to watch it on the UniConverter. Otherwise, click on the Convert button to start the file changing process. You will hear a beep once the conversion finishes. Play the converted file on the software.
Some third-party tools play a useful role as DivX players for users of Windows and macOS. These applications are not only reliable but play media files such as videos and audios smoothly. Here, we will discuss the utilities of the 4 useful DivX players.
DivX is a top-quality media player that supports video playback in 4K quality. It is compatible with pretty much every known video file extensions such as DivX, AVI, MP4, MKV, and HEVC. The multi-purpose interface is smooth and allows you to access any function you want in one click. Moreover, it runs equally well on both macOS and Windows computers.
- The Cloud-Connect function allows the user to access videos from platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox easily.
- The interface is user-friendly and offers to cast the media to external devices like smart TVs and consoles.
- The free version is not ad-free.
A well-known name among the masses, the VLC player can flawlessly play DivX films, among other file types. The software is free and available on popular platforms like Windows, macOS, and Android.
The advanced functions of VLC allow the user to change the file extension of the video and change its playback speed. Moreover, one can download the subtitles of a DivX movie within the software.
- The features are easy to use due to a simplistic interface.
- The built-in equalizer function allows enhancing the media file’s sound without distorting its quality.
- The media player occasionally stops working when you try to download subtitles.
If you are looking for a professional media player to play DivX movies in HD, then pick Elmedia by Eltima. The program can stream content to Apple TV and various other devices by Apply. The user can customize the tool and manage the playback speed with ease.
- It supports every known file format for videos.
- The media player can stream ad-free content from platforms such as YouTube, Dailymotion, and Vimeo.
- It doesn’t support the Windows OS.
- The program is not free.
It is a web browser plugin that supports playing DivX videos available on the web pages. It is reliable and works on every popular browser for Windows and macOS. Moreover, the plugin supports video playback in all the familiar file formats.
- The web plugin supports several audio file types and UTF-8 subtitles.
- It is not a complete DivX media player.
- It could be a bit tricky for the user to remove the plugin from the browser.
This guide has shared details on the platforms that flawlessly support playing DivX videos and movies. Each program or plugin mentioned in the list has its uniqueness, making them worthy of being in the list of the top DivX players.
However, they also come with some noticeable limitations. DivX Pro is a bit expensive and restricted media player. In contrast, Elmedia is only available for macOS users. Additionally, the DivX web player is a mere web plugin.
Only the UniConverter is the wholesome media player that can also convert the DivX file if it doesn’t work correctly. It is available with the same features for Windows and macOS.