- 1. DivX Players +
- 2. DivX Converters +
- 3. Convert DivX Videos +
- 4. Tips & Tricks for DivX Conversion +
DivX VS XviD: Top 6 Video Converter to Convert DivX/XviD Easily
Each file format brings its own set of uniqueness for the convenience of the user. It is the reason why there are so many of them that offer services across various platforms and devices. DivX and XviD are among the most used video file types due to specific reasons, including quality and compatibility.
However, the similarity between the names of the formats could confuse some reason, especially with no technical know-how. In this article, we will share a brief DivX vs. XviD review. Moreover, we will show you how to convert one type to another using the top 6 video converters.
- Part 1. DivX VS XviD: Are XVID and DIVX the Same Format
- Part 2. How to Convert DivX/XviD Videos on Windows/Mac Easily
- Part 3. 5 Other Useful Ways to Convert DivX/XviD Videos
No, DivX and XviD are not the same formats. Though XviD is DivX written backward, there is a lot more difference than similarities between the popular video file types. Here, we will discuss the basic difference and share which format is better than the other one under various scenarios.
DivX by DivX Inc. is popular and one of the oldest video codecs available on the market. It belongs to the MPEG-4 family, which offers services in audio/video disc ripping. The file size of a DivX file is generally smaller than most formats. However, the quality of the video remains exceptional. The format is compatible with various devices and operating systems.
XviD is a direct competitor to Divx and its name, which is DivX spelled backward, was to mock some fun toward the company DivX Inc.
XviD is newer and provides better technology as compared to other formats. The quality of the videos in XviD is matchless. However, if you intend to play an XviD video on a device other than your PC, it could bring some complications. The format is still not compatible with devices such as TVs and DVD players.
- Which One Should You Pick
If you intend to use the XviD format for playback purposes on your PC, then you should use it without any question. However, the format is difficult to encode for users as compared to DivX, which is why they should prefer the latter than the former. Moreover, if you wish to manage standardized videos, the DivX is the format for you.
Suppose you had downloaded a video in the wrong format and wish to change it to DivX or XviD. In that case, Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is the most suitable platform to complete the task. No matter the video’s file size, the conversion tool performs at a brilliant 30x faster than an average converter. Moreover, the program is accessible on every active version of Windows and macOS X.
Some top elements of the UniConverter are as follows:
Wondershare UniConverter - Best Video Converter Windows/Mac
- Convert audio/videos over 1000 formats flexibly and easily.
- The video compression tool can resize the film to an appropriate limit, suitable for smaller devices.
- The video editor lets you add subtitles, watermarks, audios, and effects to the DivX or XviD video to make it seem professional.
- It supports burning the videos to IOS files, DVD folders, or DVD discs simply by using this software.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, macOS 11 Big Sur, 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7.
Download/Install the UniConveter on your system and check the following steps to learn how to convert DivX to XviD or vice versa:
Step 1 Import the DivX/XviD Video to the UniConveter.
Open the program on the PC and click on the + sign to add the video. The uploading process will take some time, depending on the file size. You can also drag and drop the video file to the interface.
Step 2 Adjust the Settings.
Once you had added the DivX or XviD video, click on the Settings button, which is right next to the clip. Set the output format to DivX, XviD, or any other preference. Adjust the bitrate, video quality, and resolution before hitting on Create to finish the process.
Step 3 Convert the DivX/XviD Video.
Set the new File Location for the file before starting the conversion process. Once everything is clear, click on Convert and wait for the program to finish its task. You will find the new film inside the selected folder.
Various useful online and offline platforms offer you to convert a DivX or XviD video to the desired format for free, under a specific file size limit. These services and tools are reliable and capable of finishing the job quickly.
If you are looking for such alternatives to convert DivX/XviD video, then check the list stated below:
The platform is not just a video conversion service. However, it offers other tools, including image, Ebook, audio, PDF, and font conversion. Convertio provides brilliant UI and UX. Moreover, you wouldn’t have to wait in a queue to perform the DivX/XviD conversion. Additionally, you can alter the resolution, video quality, and frame rate of the clip with the platform.
- It is a trusted platform to convert multimedia files.
- It works on every known web browser.
- The pricing plan is cost-effective, especially if you plan to do video conversion with unlimited file size.
- There is a 100 MB file conversion limit with the free version.
AnyConv is another reliable online platform that offers users the option to convert their DivX or XviD format to the desired file type. The video quality remains the same after the conversion process, which makes AnyConv a useful service. Moreover, Anyconv provides the option to convert images, Ebooks, documents, and audio files to numerous other formats quickly.
- The interface is fast and smooth.
- It doesn’t convert videos with larger file sizes.
VideoSolo is a handy program to convert the file format of a video to XviD or DivX. The service also offers to adjust the frame-rate and audio of the clip. Moreover, it supports 200+ video file format. The tool is available on Windows PC and Mac computers. The interface is user friendly and pretty easy to manage for users of all backgrounds.
- The tool offers to merge the different segments of different videos or audios.
- The program allows you to adjust the aspect ratio of the clip professionally.
- The pricing plans are costly.
Suppose you are dealing with trouble playing a DivX video on your system, then try using the DivX player. The program also offers to cast the DivX video to another device. It is available on Windows and macOS with virtually the same features. You can stream video in quality up to 4K. Moreover, the software supports playing videos in popular formats such as AVI, MKV, and MP4.
- It is a reliable platform to play DivX video.
- You can import clips from Dropbox and Google Drive through the DivX player.
- It is not a dedicated video conversion tool.
Wonderfox file conversion tool supports well over 500 video file formats, including DivX and XviD. It doesn’t take more than two minutes to complete installing the video on the computer. Moreover, the conversion speed is incredibly fast as compared to several file conversion tools.
- The simple yet faster interface allows downloading videos from various webpages as well.
- It is one of the oldest and reliable video conversion tools available.
- There is no macOS version of WonderFox to convert DivX/XviD videos.
Now you know the basic difference between DivX and Xvid that they are two entirely different file formats with resembling names. It isn’t that complicated to convert a DivX file to XviD or vice versa, especially if you use a reliable conversion tool such as the UniConverter. Though the alternative options are useful, they still have limitations as some do not offer unlimited file size. Besides, a few are not available with robust platforms such as macOS. It is why opting for the UniConverter to convert DivX/XviD videos is the best route.