Convert Video from Camcorder to Any Format
As we know, the videos from Sony, Canon, Panasonic, JVC video cameras and more with the formats like AVCHD (MTS, M2TS), MOD can't be played on many players or devices. If you want to convert your videos from the camcorder to other format like MP4, then Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) can be of great use for you. It can intelligently detect all the videos from your camcorder and change them to any desired output format by simply following the steps below.
Video Tutorial: Wondershare UniConverter - Convert Camcorder Video
Step 1 Load the videos from your camcorder.
1. Connect the camcorder with your computer via the USB cable.
2. Go to the Convert section > the Converting tab of Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate). And click the drop-down icon beside Add Files and then select Add from Camcorder from the drop down list.
3. A window will pop up, all the videos from your camcorder will be shown by list. Check the videos you want to convert, then click the Add to Convert List button to start loading videos.
Step 2 Choose the output format.
1. Click the drop-down icon beside Convert all files to: to enter the drop down list of the output format.
2. Click the Video tab to enter the interface which lists all of the video output formats.
3. Select the output format for the videos, for example MP4.
4. A list of presets appears on the right side of the format. Here, you can choose the preset without a specified resolution to convert with the original resolution by default, or choose a different resolution for the files, double-click it. Then, the selected output format will be shown at the right side of the Converting window.
Step 3 Edit the video files (optional).
If you want to edit a video before the conversion, you can click one of the three buttons listed as below to edit your videos.
1. Trim your video.
2. Crop your video.
3. Apply effects, add watermark, add subtitles, adjust volumes for your video.
Step 4 Convert the videos.
Finally, click the Convert All button in the bottom-right corner to start converting the videos.
Tips: You can turn on the switch High Speed Conversion to speed up the conversion.
Step 5 Find the converted media files.
1. After the conversion completes, find the converted videos in the Converted tab.
2. Click the folder icon to open the output folder from where you can find the converted files.
Tips: You can change the output folder by clicking Menu > Preferences > Location to enter the Location tab and change the path.