How to Play VIDEO_TS files
Most of us like to download movies or videos from torrents. Sometimes, we can download one with three types of files in it.
This is the directory structure for a DVD movie. Maybe you don’t know what kind of format it is and your media player is unable to play it. It's quite annoying to search for the solutions in either the communities or forums just to be painfully returned with results that's not so useful. Have you ever had such an experience? This article is specifically for you, explaining what the VIDEO_TS files are in detailed and patiently guides you on how to play the VIDEO_TS files on your computer smoothly.
I can still recalled of the questions asked by the user in a forum; “I've downloaded that's called a VIDEO_TS file. When I double click on it, it brings up lots of other VIDEO_TS files. I can't play them or convert them so that they are only one file. And I do really like the interface of my own player, so I don’t want to download others. Anyone help?”
Similar to this user's query; if you also want to convert your VIDEO_TS file to a compatible format for playback on your current player, you can try the Video Converter (Video Converter Ultimate for Mac). For Windows Media Player, just convert the VIDEO_TS to WMV. As for QuickTime, the MOV file type is recommended. The VIDEO_TS folder content can also be burned onto a DVD and then be played in any DVD player. Therefore, converting a VIDEO_TS file onto a DVD is not a bad idea afterall if you want to play it on the DVD players in your car or bedroom.
Step 1: After running it, just go to Convert's tab > Load DVD > Load DVD folder to import your VIDEO_TS files.
Step 2: Open the output format list to select your wanted format, such as WMV, MOV, DVD and etc.
Step 3: Convert VIDEO_TS files by hitting the Convert button in the lower-right corner of this app.
Here is a faster way to achieve the goal without installing anything. Try out this free online video converter now.
A VIDEO_TS file is a DVD folder file, mainly containing all data for the DVD movie. It totally contains three kinds of files inside: VIDEO_TS.IFO, VIDEO_TS.BUP, and VIDEO_TS.VOB.
- VIDEO_TS.IFO —the configuration files with information like menus, subtitles, aspect ratio, languages etc.
- VIDEO_TS.BUP — the backup copies of configuration files
- VIDEO_TS.VOB — actual video and audio data for DVD content
Note: Usually, users can get lots VOB files when they convert a DVD file and want to convert to other formats for uses. See also how to convert VOB to MP4.
- Free AVI Player for Windows 8: Easily Play AVI Files on Windows 8
- How to Play MP4 Files on TV (Samsung TV Included)
- Top 3 AVI Players for Mac (Yosemite & Mavericks included)
- How to play M2TS with Plex media server
- How to Play MKV in Windows Media Player
- How to Play Quicktime MOV Files on TV (Samsung TV Included)
- How to Play AVI Files on TV (Samsung TV Included)
- How to Play VIDEO_TS files
- How to Play MKV Files on Apple TV in Mac/Win (Windows 10 included)