- TRY FREE TRY FREE
- 1. Convert AMR to Other Formats+
- 2. Convert Other Formats to AMR +
- 3. AMR Converters+
Best MP3 to AMR Converter in 2020
Though MP3 is a widely used audio format, you might need your audio files in AMR for device playback, editing, and other uses in many situations. To get the conversion task done in a hassle-free manner, a good conversion tool must be used. There are several MP3 to AMR converters available, and we have shortlisted some of the popular ones as below.
- Part 1. The best MP3 to AMR converter for Mac and Windows
- Part 2. Other 4 recommended MP3 to AMR converters online
- Part 3. Which file format gives the best audio quality, MP3 or AMR
It is important to choose the right conversion tool to get your task done quickly and efficiently. If you are searching for the best MP3 to AMR converter, we recommended Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate). Working on all your latest Windows and Mac systems, this professional software can batch convert your MP3 and other files in almost all formats including AMR. The process is quick and simple with the option to edit the file parameters.
Wondershare UniConverter for Mac/Windows
- Convert your files in over 1000 formats in lossless quality
- Batch processing of files at a super-fast speed
- Windows and Mac compatibility
- Edit file parameters and customize them using the built-in editor
- Additional features include video download, recording, compression, DVD burning, and more.
Steps on how to convert MP3 to AMR using Wondershare UniConverter.
Step 1 Add MP3 files to Wondershare UniConverter.
Open the software, and on the Converter section, click on the Add Files icon or the plus sign to browse and import the AMR files. Multiple files can be added.
Step 2 Choose AMR as the target format.
Open the drop-down menu at the Output Format tab and select AMR from the Audio list. Also, select the output file quality.
Step 3 Convert MP3 to AMR.
The File Location tab can be used to browse and select the desktop folder to save the converted files. Tap on the Start All button to convert all the added files. The processed files on the software can be checked from the Finished tab.
Online conversion tools are popular among the users as they are free and simple to use. Moreover, these programs work from the browser and thus do not occupy any space on your system as no download is needed. If you want to try online tools for converting your MP3 files to AMR format, check the below programs.
Add files from the computer and the cloud storage to this online tool for conversion to your choice of format. Maximum file size support is 100MB, and there is also an option for editing parameters like codec, sample rate, and others. You can even cut the audio files if you want to remove the unwanted parts. The processed audio files can be saved to your computer or cloud storage as desired using this MP3 to AMR online tool.
● Add and save files to multiple sources
● Edit the file parameters like codec, bitrate, frequency, channel, and volume
● Cut the unwanted parts before the conversion
● The maximum supported file size is 100MB
This online tool allows you to upload the file from your system or add a link in the case of an online file. The maximum file size that can be added is 200MB, and there is an option to change the file's bitrate. The simple interface is what makes this tool popular among the users to convert MP3 to AMR online.
● Simple interface that makes it apt for the users without technical know-how
● Add local and online files
● Change file bit rate
● The maximum supported file size is 200MB
● No option to add files from the cloud
● Converted files have to be downloaded
Use this online tool to convert your local MP3 files to AMR and a host of other supported formats. The process of conversion is simple that requires you to add the file and choose the target format. The download link is made available at the interface after the process completion, and there is also an option to get them on an email.
● Get converted file download link on the email
● Simple and user-friendly interface
● Only one file at a time can be converted
● No option for file customization
● No option to add online files or files from the cloud storage
Browse and add the MP3 and other files to be converted or drag them to the program interface for the process. The tool allows converting two files at a time, which can be downloaded to your computer after the process. Free to use the program requires no download or registration and has a user-friendly interface.
● No software installation or registration needed
● Conversion in a few quick steps
● Process only two files at a time
● No option for change in file parameters or editing
When it comes to audio file formats, there are multiple options available. MP3 is among the popularly used formats and is known for its compatibility with almost all devices and players. MP3 is a compressed audio format that is known for retaining decent audio quality while considerably reducing the file size.
On the other hand, AMR is also a compressed audio format, but it is mainly used for speech coding and recording on mobile phones. Moreover, this format is not compatible with the majority of the players.
In terms of quality, MP3 offers better quality as well as compatibility in comparison to AMR format.
Conversion of your MP3 files to AMR can be done in high quality and with added features using the versatile Wondershare UniConverter. Online tools can be used when the basic conversion has to be done for a limited file.