- 1. Convert 4K Videos+
- 1.1 Convert 1080p to 720p
- 1.2 Convert 4K to 1080p
- 1.3 Convert Videos to HD 1080p
- 1.4 4K vs 1080p
- 1.5 Convert Videos to MP4 HD
- 1.6 4K YouTube Converter
- 1.7 4K Online Video Converter
- 1.8 4K Video Converter Apk
- 1.9 Top 4K Video Converters
- 1.10 Convert 4K Tamil Movies
- 1.11 Convert 4K Hindi Movies
- 1.12 Convert 4K Test Videos
- 1.13 YouTube 1080p Converter
- 1.14 4K Video Songs Converter
- 1.15 4K to MP3 Converter
- 1.16 4K Movies Converter
- 1.17 YouTube 4K MP4 Converter
- 2. Tips & Tricks for 4K Conversion+
Top 3 Ways on How to Convert 1080p to 720p
Often, we come across the task of video conversion into different picture resolutions for many reasons. One such typical job is to convert 1080p to 720p to reap benefits associated with 720p picture resolution. In this article, we will discuss a 1080p to 720p video converter along with the steps to do the same within a few minutes.
- Part 1. Why Convert Videos from 1080p to 720p
- Part 2. Best 1080p to 720p Converter to Convert 4K/1080p to 720p and Vice Versa
- Part 3. How to Convert 1080p to 720p Online and Free
Part 1. Why Convert Videos from 1080p to 720p
Still confused between using 1080p and 720p? Well, if you want a smooth playback that saves your storage space to some extent, we would like to recommend using the minimum HD standard resolution, i.e., 720p. Both 1080p and 720p use progressive scan except the resolution shown in horizontal lines on the screen.
The 720p image resolution consists of 1280 pixels by 720 lines, while 1080p uses 1080 horizontal lines by 1920 pixels. However, more resolution means better and sharp picture quality. Thus, 1080p depicts better picture quality than 720p. However, 720p helps you save a lot of space, energy consumption and also provides a smooth picture playback, which is two times the resolution projected by an analog TV screen.
Now, let's study the two main reasons to convert 1080p to 720p.
1. Facilitates easy uploading and streaming
Compressing the video from 1080 pixels to 720 pixels means fast streaming along with quick load on Facebook, YouTube, Google Drive, or other sharing sites. It will further save storage and bandwidth consumption.
2. Provides smooth playback and better compatibility
We often experience that the 1080p video is either got out of sync or contains a video lag issue. It may occur due to old-fashioned devices or any error occurring because of incompatibility. Hence 720p is known to provide a better experience.
Part 2. Best 1080p to 720p Converter to Convert 4K/1080p to 720p and Vice Versa
If you are looking to convert 1080p to 720p using trustworthy software, then you must go for an all-in-one program called Wondershare UniConverter. It can easily convert 4K or 1080p videos to 720p, 480p, and many other picture resolutions without loss of any image quality.
Without further diving into more technical aspects, let us check the exact steps to follow the procedure on Wondershare UniConverter. As per the support platform, it is compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems.
Wondershare UniConverter - Best 1080p to 720p Video Converter
- Convert videos in 1000+ formats like MP4, MOV, AVI, WMV, FLV, MKV, etc.
- Change video resolution from 4K, 1080p, 720p, 480p, and more others easily.
- Convert video files to optimized preset for almost all devices, like iPhone, iPad, Huawei phone, etc.
- 30X faster conversion speed than common converters with unique APEXTRANS technology.
- Edit videos with trimming, cropping, adding watermark, editing subtitles, etc.
- Burn and customize videos to your DVD or Blu-ray disc with free DVD menu templates.
- Download or record videos from YouTube and other 10,000+ video sharing sites.
- Transfer videos from computer to iPhone, iPad and other devices directly and vice versa.
- Versatile toolbox: Add video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, video compressor and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Steps to Convert Videos from 1080p to 720p with Wondershare UniConverter
Step 1 Add 1080p videos for conversion
Launch Wondershare UniConverter program and enter its main interface, as shown below. Click the Convert button. Then, tap on either Add Files button given or drag and drop the 1080p video you wish to convert into 720p. After the video gets uploaded, you can see its information such as resolution, format, length, and size below.
Step 2 Choose the video resolution
On the top-right corner, click the Convert all files to: tab and choose the format you would like to see the video after conversion. There will be a list of resolutions from where you have to go for HD 720p. After you select the output format, it will inform you about the size created.
Step 3 Convert videos from 1080p to 720p
In this step, you can adjust a few settings related to video size and quality. Click the two arrows pointing one another button and adjust the bitrate and other settings on how you want to see the converted video. Select OK and lastly, you can tap the Convert All button to start the conversion process.
Part 3. How to Convert 1080p to 720p Online and Free
Looking for a 1080p to 720p converter online and free? We have listed the top two free and online solutions for 1080p to 720p converter as below.
As the name suggests, Online UniConverter is an online version by Wondershare UniConverter, which helps you access the features for free on the go. It can compress MP3, MP4, MOV, and other formats without watermark. Well, you can also consider their pricing option to get into a list of other advanced features that are missing in the free version. Right on the main interface, you will see an option of Drag and Drop or Hit to Add File. Furthermore, it is also available for Mac and Windows operating systems.
Steps to convert 1080p to 720p with Online UniConverter
Step 1: Add the 1080p video. On the main interface, drag and drop the 1080p video, or you can also hit the area to browse the video directly from the computer.
Step 2: Select output format. After you add the 1080p video, go to selecting the output settings, including picture resolution and much more. Then, click Compress to confirm the settings.
Step 3: Save video. Save converted video, either into your computer system or directly save it into the Dropbox.
AConvert is another best and free tool available to convert 1080p to 720p online. It is having an extensive range of features, which is an extensional version of PDFConvertOnline.com. It can convert all types of ebooks, documents, icons, images, videos, audio, and archives files easily and online for free.
Steps for 1080p to 720p converter online using AConvert
Step 1: Enter the aconvert.com. First of all, click the URL given below to enter their official website. Then, go and tap Video on the side list of options.
Step 2: Upload 1080p video. Then, proceed to add the 1080p video you want to convert into 720p. Click Choose File and set the target format less than MP4. Finally, click the Convert Now button to start the conversion process.
So, these were the top 3 ways to convert 1080p to 720p. You can analyze the benefits associated with each and select your best among them.