- 1. Convert 4K Videos+
- 1.1 Convert 1080p to 720p
- 1.2 Convert 4K to 1080p
- 1.3 Convert Videos to HD 1080p
- 1.4 4K vs 1080p
- 1.5 Convert Videos to MP4 HD
- 1.6 4K YouTube Converter
- 1.7 4K Online Video Converter
- 1.8 4K Video Converter Apk
- 1.9 Top 4K Video Converters
- 1.10 Convert 4K Tamil Movies
- 1.11 Convert 4K Hindi Movies
- 1.12 Convert 4K Test Videos
- 1.13 YouTube 1080p Converter
- 1.14 4K Video Songs Converter
- 1.15 4K to MP3 Converter
- 1.16 4K Movies Converter
- 1.17 YouTube 4K MP4 Converter
- 2. Tips & Tricks for 4K Conversion+
4K vs 1080p: What Is The Difference Between 4K and 1080p
When it comes to displaying and video resolution, 1080p and 4K is the latest technology considered by the people. A lot of users while considering a TV or other display device get confused between the two and the major different them. Know more in details about 4K vs 1080p and various video resolutions in the following parts.
- Part 1. General Knowledge about 4K (UHD)/1080p (HD)/720p (SD)
- Part 2. How to Convert 4K Videos to 1080p/720p Easily
Part 1. General Knowledge about 4K (UHD)/1080p (HD)/720p (SD)
There are several resolutions available when we talk about video files. Listed below are the popularly used formats and their major characteristics.
1. What is 4K/UHD Resolution
4K which is also known as Ultra High Definition (UHD) is a video file that comes with 3840 X 2160 pixels resolution. As the horizontal pixels are close to 4000, it is known as a 4K video with a total of 3840 X 2160 = 8, 294, 400 pixels that is 4 times as compared to a full HD video. Bandwidth between the range of 10Mbps and 20Mbps is required for 4K adaptive bitrate streams. If you wish to stream the 4K content using Netflix, an internet connection of 25Mbps or higher is required and to watch the 4K content, the TV or the monitor must also be 4K enabled. 4K videos offer better quality and high resolution but on the flip side, to play the content, the device needs to be capable of handling the 4K files and the bandwidth and storage requirements are also high.
2. What is 1080p/HD Resolution
Full HD of 1080p video resolution refers to a file having 1920 columns X 1080 rows which results in total o 2,073,600 pixels. The industry standard for a high-quality video means a 1080p file. The pixels in an HD video are twice to that of a 720p file.
3. What is 720p Resolution
A 720p resolution refers to a file having 1280 columns and 720 rows that makes a total of 921,600 pixels. A file to be called HD (High Definition) needs this is a minimum requirement. The majority of the budget phones come with 720p resolution and a number of TV shows and channels also support streaming these files.
4. What is 480p Resolution
A file with 480p resolution comes with 720 horizontal and 480 pixels vertically. The normal and standard channels on TV support this resolution files.
In addition to the above, 2K was also used before 4K became popular. A 2K was also known as a master format having 2048 wide pixels without any specific vertical resolution mentioned by DCI.
5. Which One is Better and How to Choose Right Resolution
Choosing the right resolution for a video depends on your storage and bandwidth availability along with device support. If you have enough storage and bandwidth supports, 4K UHD is the video with excellent quality and clarity. But to play a 4K file you also need a compatible device.
Part 2. How to Convert 4K Videos to 1080p/720p Easily
If you have a 4K video that you are unable to play on your TV, portable players, and other devices convert it to 1080p/720p resolution. The tool that works best for such conversion is Wondershare UniConverter. With Windows and Mac support, the software is quick to install and support all major file formats and resolution including MP4, MOV, M4V, WebM, FLV, and many others. Batch processing is supported by the software so that multiple file resolution can be changed at a time. The file resolution can be changed as desired using the software. Additionally, the program also supports video conversion, download, recording, transfer, and other features.
Wondershare UniConverter - Convert Videos from 4K to 1080p/720p/480p
- Convert videos in 1000+ formats like MP4, MOV, AVI, WMV, FLV, MKV, etc.
- Change video resolution from 4K, 1080p, 720p, 480p, and more others easily.
- Convert video files to optimized preset for almost all devices, like iPhone, iPad, Huawei phone, etc.
- 30X faster conversion speed than common converters with unique APEXTRANS technology.
- Edit videos with trimming, cropping, adding watermark, editing subtitles, etc.
- Burn and customize videos to your DVD or Blu-ray disc with free DVD menu templates.
- Download or record videos from YouTube and other 10,000+ video sharing sites.
- Transfer videos from computer to iPhone, iPad and other devices directly and vice versa.
- Versatile toolbox: Add video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, video compressor and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Steps to convert 4K videos to 1080p/720p/480p using Wondershare UniConverter
Step 1 Run Wondershare 4K Converter and Add 4K Videos
Launch the software on your system and click on the +Add Files button on the Convert section to browse and load the 4K videos from your system. After the files are added, they can be edited using the icons present under the thumbnail image.
Step 2 Choose 1080p/720p/480p as Target Resolution and Select A Format
Next to select the desired resolution, expand the drop-down option at the Convert all files to: tab. From the Video list, choose the target format for your video from the left-hand side. The supported resolution for the file is shown on the right-hand side from where you can choose 1080p/720p.
Step 3 Convert 4K Videos to 720p/480p
The location on your system to save the processed file can be selected from the Output tab. hitting on the Convert All button will start converting your files. On the interface, the converted file can be checked from the Converted tab.
So now when you know the difference between 4K and 1080p, you can choose and convert the desired resolution depending on the playback device using Wondershare UniConverter.