- TRY FREE TRY FREE
- 1. Convert AMR to Other Formats+
- 2. Convert Other Formats to AMR +
- 3. AMR Converters+
Top 10 AMR to MP3 Converters Online in 2022
AMR stands for Adaptive Multi-Rate, and it’s a compressed audio file that is majorly used by smartphones for speech recording. As AMR files cannot play on regular devices, conversion to a more compatible format like MP3 is required. You can convert AMR to MP3 online or by using desktop and free tools. Know the best programs in the following parts of the article.
- Part 1. 10 Most Popular ConverterS to Convert AMR to MP3 Online
- Part 2. The Best Alternative to Online AMR to MP3 Converter in 2022
- Part 3. AMR vs. MP3
When a few files have to be converted without many advanced features, online tools are a good choice. These programs work from your browser window without any need for software installation. The majority of the online tools are free to use and offers basic conversion. Listed below are the top AMR to MP3 converter online tools.
Free to use, this is a basic online conversion tool with support to all popular audio formats. The interface is simple, where you just have to add the files from your system and then select the target format. Once the file is uploaded and converted, you can either download them to your system or can receive it on an email as well. The program allows adding files up to 50MB for the conversion process.
● Add local files as well as links in case of online files
● This AMR to MP3 online tool supports a wide range of formats
● Download the converted file from the interface or get it on an email
● No option to add the file from the cloud
● A maximum of 50MB files can be added
● No editing features
This is a popularly used online tool that supports conversion between all key formats. A chrome extension for the program is also available to make the conversion quick and easy. The program allows adding files from the local computer, URL, Google Drive, and Dropbox. You can change the file parameters like volume, bitrate, audio channels, frequency, and codec. There is also an option to cut the not needed parts of the audio. After the conversion is done, you can save the files locally or cloud storage.
● Allows adding local, online as well as cloud file
● Option to edit files parameters like bit rate, audio channel, frequency, and more
● Converted files can be saved to the cloud or local system
● The maximum file size limit is 100MB
● This AMR to MP3 Converter online free tool is Internet dependent
For the basic conversion of your local and online files, this is a decent tool to be considered. The program allows adding files up to 200MB to the interface for the conversion process. The interface is user-friendly and it also allows changing and selecting the audio quality from the available options. The conversion results are available at the interface from where they can be saved to your local system.
● Free software with a simple interface
● Add local and online files
● Option to edit the audio quality
● The maximum supported file size is 200MB
● Converted files have to be downloaded
● No support for batch processing with this AMR to MP3 converter free online
Convert your AMR files on the system, link, Dropbox, and Google Drive using this browser-based tool. Once the audio files are added, you can edit the bit rate, sampling rate, and audio channels. There is also an option to trim the file and also normalize the audio. You can even remove the cover art using the program.
● Option to trim the file and change basic parameters
● Option to save the conversion settings
Converted files are automatically downloaded to the local system
● Dependent on the internet connection
● File size limitation with this online AMR to MP3 converter
Earlier known as Media.io, this is a popular online tool for video, audio, and image conversion. The program features a straightforward interface where you can browse and add the files or choose to drag and drop them to the program. After the files are added, choose the target format, and after the conversion, you can choose to save it locally or Dropbox. There is also an option to free signup with the program to get the notification when the conversion task is complete.
● Supports popular video, audio, and image formats for the conversion
● Allows two concurrent online convert AMR to MP3 conversions at a time
● Save converted files to the cloud or local system
● No option for file editing
● The converted file needs to be downloaded
Files from Google Drive, Dropbox, One Drive, computer, and URL can be added to this program to convert to the desired format. Using the program, you can change the file codec, bitrate, and volume. There is also an option for trimming so that unwanted file parts can be removed. After the files are added, uploaded, and processed their download link is available at the interface itself. There is also an option to preview and hear the audio before downloading.
● Option to add files from multiple sources
● Edit file parameters like codec, bitrate, volume, and others
● Simple and user-friendly interface
● The converted file has to be downloaded
Simple conversion of AMR files to MP3 and other popular formats can be done using this online tool. The interface is user-friendly where the files to be converted are added, and the target format is to be selected. Upon the process completion, you can download the file to the desired folder on the system. You can either browse and add the files or can simply drag them to the program.
● Works from the browser without any registration or installation
● User-friendly interface
● Drag and drop support to add the files
● Only local system files can be added using this online converter AMR to MP3
● No option for file editing or additional features
For converting audio, video, image, archive, and other file types in popular formats, this is a decent tool to use. The program allows adding the local, online, and files on the cloud storage. If required, the sample rate and the audio file's bit rate can be selected from the supported options before the conversion.
● Add files from the computer, Google Drive, Dropbox, and link
● Allows to edit the bit rate and the sample rate of the file
● Support to all popular formats
● Limited editing options
● The processed file has to be downloaded
This free online tool is simple to use with support for all major formats for the conversion. Without any frills, the program supports basic conversion where the files to be converted have to be added, and then the output format needs to be selected. You can either download the converted file from the program or choose from the option where the link is sent to an email.
● Support to widely used formats
● A free tool with a simple interface
● Option to get the converted file download link on the email
● Only local files can be added
● No option for editing
Files on the system and the cloud storage can be added to this program for conversion to popular formats. Option for file editing by changing the parameters like bitrate, sample rate, channel, and volume is available. You can even fade-in and fade-out the audio and can even cut the parts that are not needed. The file parameter change can be applied to the desired file or all the added ones.
● Add files from multiple sources
● Edit the file parameters like channels, bit rate, sample rate, channel, volume, and more
● Converted files can be saved to Google Drive and Dropbox
● File size limitation up to 1GB
● Dependent on the internet connection
Though online tools are simple and free, they come with many limitations like file size restriction, file number restriction, limited format support, loss in quality, lack of additional features, and others. So, if you are looking for high-quality conversion of your AMR and other files with added features, Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) works as the best alternative. This professional software supports more than 1000 format to get your choice of the target file. The files are converted in lossless quality and at a super-fast speed. Batch conversion supports processing multiple files at a time.
Wondershare UniConverter for Mac/Windows
- Lossless quality conversion supported in over 1000 formats, including AMR to MP3
- Choose the desired output quality
- Batch processing support to convert multiple files at a time
- Built-in editor to edit file and change parameters as needed
- Compatible with Windows and Mac
Steps to convert AMR to MP3 using Wondershare UniConverter
Step 1 Launch Wondershare UniConverter and add AMR files.
Open the software and from the Converter tab, click on the add files icon or the plus sign to browse and import the local AMR files to be converted. You can also drag and drop the files to the interface.
Step 2 Choose the target format as MP3.
The list of the target formats can be opened by expanding the drop-down menu at the Output Format tab. Choose MP3 from the Audio list. Choose to keep the quality as the source file or select from the available options.
Step 3 Convert AMR to MP3.
Browse and select the desktop folder to save the converted file at the File Location tab. Hit on the Start All button to proceed with the conversion process.
The converted files on the software interface can be checked from the Finished tab.
Though both AMR and MP3 are audio formats, there is a lot of difference in their use, features, and compatibility. Developed by Ericsson, AMR is a compressed audio file used by smartphones to save speech recordings like audio calls, voice memos, and more. MP3, on the other hand, is one of the most popularly used audio formats used for storing songs and other audio files.
AMR files can be opened by specific players and have limited compatibility, whereas MP3 is considered as the universal audio format with support to almost all music players and portable devices.
Even in terms of quality, MP3 files offer better and quality playback in comparison to AMR files.
So, if you have AMR files with you that you want to play on any regular player or a device, convert it to MP3 format. For basic conversion, one of the above-listed AMR files to MP3 converter online tools can be considered, but if you want quality files with advanced features, Wondershare UniConverter is just the right choice.