- 1. Import Camera Videos to Apps+
- 2. Play Camera Videos on Devices +
- 3. Convert Camera Videos to Other formats +
- 3.1 Convert Canon MTS/M2TS to Any Format
- 3.2 Convert Panasonic MTS/M2TS to Any Format
- 3.3 Convert M2TS/MTS with Handbrake
- 3.4 Convert MTS to MPEG
- 3.5 Convert MTS to MOV on Mac
- 3.6 Convert MTS to MOV on Mac/Windows
- 3.7 Convert M2TS to MOV
- 3.8 Convert M2TS to MP3
- 3.9 Convert MTS to 3GP
- 3.10 Convert MTS to QuickTime
- 3.11 Convert MTS to WMV
- 3.12 Convert AVCHD to MP4
- 3.13 Convert M2TS to MP4
- 3.14 Convert MXF to MOV
- 3.15 Convert VRO to MP4
- 3.16 Convert MOD to MOV
- 3.17 Convert MOD to MP4
- 3.18 Convert MTS to Prores
- 3.19 Convert VHS to Digital
- 3.20 Convert 8mm Film to Digital
- 3.21 Convert HDV Video
- 3.22 Convert JVC Camcorder Videos on Mac
- 3.23 Convert MTS to DV
- 3.24 Convert MTS to iMovie
- 3.25 Convert AVCHD/M2TS/MTS to iTunes
- 3.26 Convert MTS to FLV
- 4. Camera Video Converters +
- 4.1 Top 5 Free Online MTS to MOV Converter
- 4.2 Free MTS Converter
- 4.3 Best M2TS Converter
- 4.4 Sanyo Camcorder Converter
- 4.5 Sony Camcorder Converter
- 4.6 Top VHS Converters
- 4.7 Tod Converter for Mac
- 4.8 Free MOD Converter
- 4.9 MOD Converter for Mac
- 4.10 M2T Converter
- 4.11 Best MTS Converter
- 4.12 MTS Convert on Mac
- 4.13 TS Converter for Mac
- 4.14 TS Converter for Windows
- 4.15 MTS to WMV Converter
- 4.16 Aiseesoft MTS Converter Alternative
- 5. Other Tips & Tricks +
- 5.1 Full Guide to Camera Video File Formats
- 5.2 Add Subtitles to M2TS
- 5.3 Transfer Videos from Camcorder to Computer
- 5.4 Burn Videos from Camcorder to DVD
- 5.5 Compress Camcorder Video
- 5.6 Upload M2TS to YouTube
- 5.7 Connect Camcorder to Mac
- 5.8 Import Sony Video to Mac
- 5.9 Best Connon Cameras & Camcorders
- 5.10 Best JVC Camcorders
- 5.11 Best 4K Camcorders in 2017
- 5.12 The Most Popular Panasonic Cameras
- 5.13 Best Sony Video Camera
- 5.14 Top Sony Camcorders
Relatively new in the field, Sony is a trusted name, when it comes to camera and video cameras. Owing to high quality and an array of devices, the company has created a niche for itself. No matter whether you are a nature lover, an amateur, a professional, a parent or a music video fan, Sony has a video camera that best suits your requirements. Below part of the articles further, talks about the types and features of Sony video camera so that you have nothing less than the best.
To look after the needs and concerns of all types of users, Sony has a wide range of video cameras to offer. These cameras come knitted with all the latest technologies and features so that you not only enjoy the moment but also record it forever in best quality videos. There are 4 major modules or types of Sony Video Cameras available.
- Action Cameras
- Music Video Recorders
- Professional Camcorders
Now once we know the major types of cameras available, let’s discuss the suitability of these types and recommended models.
These are one of the most basic types of the video cameras from Sony that are apt for recording day to day videos of all special moments. The camcorders from Sony are further available in two types including devices for casual shooting and devices with expert capabilities.
The casual shooting cameras are apt for users who do not want to go into too many technical details and their major purpose to record impressive quality videos of their special moments. These are the most basic types of video cameras that have easy to use features and functions.
Camera with expert capability is a step higher in terms of technology, features, and functions. These video cameras are perfect for the users who wish to explore their creativity a little more and would like to upgrade from the most basic models.
- AX53 4K Handycam with Exmor R CMOS sensor
- AX33 4K Handycam with Exmor R CMOS sensor
- AX100 4K Expert Handycam
The above-listed sony 4K video camera models come packed with needed features like 4K video recording, balanced optical SteadyShot, decent optical zoom, high-quality lens, and others.
2. Action Cameras
For all the adventure junkies who do not want to leave a chance to record their amazing activities, action camera from Sony is an ideal choice. For your life full of motions and movements, the best moves can be captured with utmost stability using these cameras. The Sony action cameras make sure to capture each and every thrilling detail of your wonderful activities and experiences. Flaunt your videos of sports, racing, diving and other actions among your buddies. To make your action recording process convenient, easy, and safe, Sony also offers a range of mounts and accessories, which you can select as per your requirements.
- HDR-AS50R Action Cam with Live-View Remote
- AS100V Action Cam with Wi-Fi & GPS
- HDR-AS50 Action Cam
The above-listed models have all the features that you can expect from a decent action camera. Some of the striking ones include 4K video recording, shake free video and reduced blur with SteadyShot stabilizer, GPS for tagging your adventure activities, stereo sound, splash proof body, WiFi, and others.
3. Music Video Recorders
Another excellent type of video camera by Sony is a music video recorder which is just perfect for all the musicians to showcase their talent. This camera is specially designed in a manner to record HD videos along with the high quality sound. The camera features web compatibility for sharing the recorded videos. The music video recorder allows to practice by recording in different variations so that at the end you get the perfect recording.
- MVI Music Video Recorder
This wonderful music video recorder from Sony features 120-degree X-Y stereo mic coverage so as to capture the wide range of sound from all sides. The model allows recording in uncompressed Linear PCM or ACC format. To ensure that you get crisp, detailed, and bright recording even in dark conditions, the camera comes loaded with BIONZ processor, Zeiss lens, and Sony Exmor CMOS sensor. Additional specifications of this Sony digital video camera recorder include one touch NFC sharing, audio lip sync, built-in WiFi, smartphone remote control, and others.
4. Professional Video Camcorders
For professional users, Sony range of professional video camcorders has decent models to select from. These high-end devices boast all the features needed for serious and detailed video recording. So if you are a wildlife video recorder, a documentary specialist or an event video recording expert, you can check out these devices from Sony. In addition to top end technology and functionalities, the professional cameras also feature interchangeable lens option.
In its professional range, the cameras are further divided into different types including NXCAM & AVCHD, XDCAM, CineAlta, HD Studio, Pan/Tilt/Zoom and Point of View. Each of these has models for specific use and functionalities.
- Sony HXRNX5R ( NXCAM & AVCHD model)
- Sony PXWFS7M2K (XDCAM model)
- Sony HDC4800L ( HD Studio Model)
It is a full HD compact video camera that comes with 3CMOS technology. Other features include MI shoe, OLED viewfinder, WiFi transfer of files, and others.
This 4K, 35mm Sony digital video camera features 18-110mm servo zoom lens. Additional specifications include Electronic ND Filter, signal processing, lever lock type E-Mount system and others.
This Sony video camera 4K Ultra Slow motion model from allows UHFR data and high-quality XAVC recording. Other features include 4K/HD ultra high frame rate camera system, 35mm CMOS sensor with an advanced optical system, and others.
Listed below are some frequently asked questions related to Sony Video Camera and their answers. Hope these FAQ will help to clear some of your doubts and queries.
Q1. What is the general format of Sony Video Camera?
Ans: All the major video formats are supported by Sony Video Cameras. Some of the popular and commonly used formats include AVCHD, XAVC S, XAVC S HD, MP4, DV, HDV, MPEG2, MPEG4/H.264.
Q2. How to convert videos from Sony Video Camera to another common format like MP4?
Some of the Sony camcorders support recording in MP4 format but the majority of the models does not support MP4 and other commonly used formats. The formats in which Sony camcorders record are generally not compatible with portable media players and other devices. In such situations, you need to convert videos from Sony Video camera to other formats and one of the best solution for the same is Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate). This professional software is simple to use, quick and allows converting all your Sony camera video to an array of formats. This multifunctional software also has easy to understand interface and also allows editing videos with its wide range of features.
Listed below are the simple steps for converting Sony Camera Videos to MP4 using Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate):
Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Convert video to over 1000 formats, like AVI, MKV, MOV, MP4, etc.
- Convert video to optimized preset for almost all of the devices.
- 30X faster conversion speed than other common converters.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your videos.
- Burn video to playable DVD with attractive free DVD template.
- Download or record videos from video sharing sites.
- Versatile toolbox includes fixing video metadata, GIF maker, casting video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
- Connect your Sony Video Camera to your PC and open Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate).
- Select Convert from the main interface and click Converting tab. Select Add from Camcorder by hitting the drop down menu beside + Add Files. Add the videos from your Camcorder that you want to convert.
- Select MP4 (or any other as desired) as the output format and click Convert All. The selected files will be converted to the desired format. Learn more detailed steps here.
Q3. The camcorder turns off itself?
Ans: If your camcorder is not in use for a few minutes, it will turn off automatically in order to save the battery. If you wish to change this setting, you can do the same through setup-menu. In case if the camcorder turns off even after changing the settings or while using the AC-Adaptor, it indicates a problem and needs to be repaired.
Q4. USB connection from Sony camcorder is not recognised by a computer?
Ans: There may be different reasons due to which your Sony camera may not be recognised by a computer. Some of the major ones are enlisted below:
If the PC is connected to a network, you will need to disable the network connection temporarily or may need to connect the video camera to the PC which is not on a network
OS of the PC may need you to be logged with administrator rights
Restrictions may exist for importing Digital 8 or MiniDV camcorder videos using a USB cable
For video cameras with USB streaming capabilities, the feature of USB streaming needs to be turned on in the camera menu.
Q5. What is Sony PlayMemories Home?
Ans: PlayMemories Home from Sony is software suites that allow importing photos as well as videos to a PC and then manage and browse them. This software is a replacement for Picture Motion Browser (PMB) software.
So pick up from the wide range of Sony Video Camera and record all your special moments in good video quality. Memories are to be cherished forever and this is exactly what Sony HD video camera do.