- TRY FREE TRY FREE
- 1. Convert M2TS to Other Formats+
- 2. Convert Other Formats to M2TS +
How to Convert M2TS Video Files to FLAC
While working with media files, at times, you might stumble upon a situation where converting M2TS to FLAC becomes imperative. When this happens, you are likely to begin your search for the best program to get the job done without much of your intervention and/or putting the least overhead on the hardware resources that your computer has.
With that said, the following sections discuss the M2TS and FLAC formats briefly and explain some of the best desktop and online tools to convert M2TS to FLAC in the easiest possible manner.
- Part 1. What is the difference between *.m2ts and *.flac
- Part 2. How to convert M2TS video files to FLAC within minutes
- Part 3. How to convert M2TS to FLAC format free online
Part 1. What is the difference between *.m2ts and *.flac
In a nutshell, M2TS is a video format primarily used by Blu-ray discs, whereas FLAC is an extension used by the audio files.
To elaborate, M2TS stands for MPEG-2 Transport Stream and is a container that holds both video and audio information. The videos that M2TS contains have been encoded with either H.262 or compression method, and the audios are of Dolby Digital, DTS, or Linear PCM quality.
When talking about FLAC, the audio file is compressed using Free Lossless Audio Codec (FLAC). Although the audio information is compressed with an open-source codec, the FLAC files are comparatively large because of being lossless.
Part 2. How to convert M2TS video files to FLAC within minutes
The fact is, M2TS to FLAC conversion is the process of extracting audio from a high definition video file. Although this can be done using any of the available converters, one that has been appreciated by many users and is considered the best is Wondershare UniConverter. Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) supports more than 1000 formats when it comes to transcoding, and the application is available for Windows and Mac computers.
Wondershare UniConverter for Mac/Windows
- Audio Converter – Converts audio files from one format to a different relevant extension
- Merger – Joins two or more footages to form one
- DVD Burner – Can create DVDs and, in Windows version, Blu-ray discs out of the videos
- Screen Recorder – Records computer screen, webcam, and sounds to create training material and walkthroughs
- Video Compressor – Compresses the videos to a smaller file size without deteriorating the picture quality
The simple instructions are given below explain how to convert M2TS to FLAC using Wondershare UniConverter:
Step 1 Import and M2TS file to UniConverter.
Start Wondershare UniConverter on your computer (Mac or Windows), confirm that the Converter category in the left pane is selected. Click the Add Files icon from the main window on the right, and select and import the source M2TS file to the program.
Step 2 Select an output format for conversion.
Click and open the Output Format menu from the lower section of the right window, go to the Audio tab from the top, choose FLAC from the available formats in the left pane, and click the only available Lossless Quality preset from the right.
Step 3 Begin the conversion process.
Use the File Location field from the bottom of the right window to define an output folder where all the converted files should go, and click Convert to convert M2TS to FLAC with Wondershare UniConverter.
Step 4 Access the target folder.
After the conversion is complete, go to the Finished tab from the top, and click Open File Location from the right side of the converted file on the next window to go to the destination folder to access the FLAC audio.
Part 3. How to convert M2TS to FLAC format free online
If you do not want to install a separate program altogether merely to extract audio in FLAC format from an M2TS file, it would be good to use any online application that can do the job for you at absolutely no cost. Even though such web apps may have certain restrictions like file size limit, delays in uploads and downloads, etc., they are good for occasional transcoding purposes.
The best 4 online converters to transcode M2TS to FLAC using any web browser on any computer are listed below:
This online solution has the ability to accept the source files from your computer, medias’ URL, Dropbox, and Google Drive. The web app supports more than 300 formats and can perform more than 25000 conversion types as per the file you are trying to process. However, as an unregistered user, you can only convert the files up to 100MB in size.
You can follow the instructions given below for M2TS to FLAC conversion using this portal:
● Go to the URL given above using any of your favorite web browsers
● Click Choose Files from the landing page that opens up
● Locate, select, and upload the source M2TS file from your computer to convert
● Click and open the drop-down list
● Select Audio from the left section, and click FLAC from the available formats
● Finally, click Convert to convert M2TS to FLAC online
With more than 200 supported formats, CloudConvert is another web portal to convert M2TS to FLAC for free. The online solution lets you configure the output preferences, giving you granular control over what you get after conversion. CloudConvert can accept the source files from your PC, OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive, and URL.
You can follow the steps given below to transcode M2TS to FLAC with CloudConvert:
● Use your favorite web browser to go to the link given above
● Click Select File from the landing page
● Select and upload the source M2TS video from your PC to the web app
● Open the Convert to menu
● Select Audio from the available options on the left
● Click FLAC from the list of formats that are present in the right
● Click Convert to convert M2TS to FLAC online
This web portal has a straightforward interface with only one button on the landing page. Nevertheless, the solution can still recognize almost all the majorly used file formats and convert them to their relevant extensions with ease. However, at the time of this writing, OnlineConvertFree can only accept the source M2TS (and other) files from your local computer.
The steps are given below explain how to convert M2TS to FLAC with this online app:
● Go to the URL given above using any of your favorite web browsers
● Click CHOOSE FILE
● Locate, select, and upload the source M2TS video to the portal
● Click and open the to menu
● Click the Audio option
● Click FLAC from the available audio formats
● Click CONVERT to transcode M2TS to FLAC
Converting M2TS to FLAC on your Windows or Mac computer is extremely simple as long as you can access an efficient program like Wondershare UniConverter. However, if the conversion tasks that you perform our occasional in nature, using any of the above discussed online solutions would be helpful as they are not only free to use, they do not even consume your local PCs hardware resources whatsoever.