- 1. Play MKV on Device+
- 1.1 Top MKV Player
- 1.2 Play MKV on Mac
- 1.3 Play MKV on Apple TV
- 1.4 Play MKV on Samsung TV
- 1.5 Play MKV on Sony TV
- 1.6 Play MKV on LG TV
- 1.7 Play MKV on PS3
- 1.8 Play MKV on Xbox One
- 1.9 Play MKV on Xbox360
- 1.10 Play MKV to iPhone
- 1.11 Play MKV to iPad
- 1.12 Play MKV on iPod
- 1.13 Play MKV on Android Phone
- 1.14 Play MKV on Nexus 7
- 1.15 Play MKV in VLC
- 1.16 Play MKV in Windows Media Player
- 1.17 MKV Playback Issues in VLC
- 2. Convert MKV to Other Format+
- 2.1 Convert MKV to MP4
- 2.2 Convert MKV to MP4 on Mac
- 2.3 Convert MKV to MP4 Online
- 2.4 Convert MKV to MP3
- 2.5 Convert MKV to Audio
- 2.6 Convert MKV to WMV
- 2.7 Convert MKV to M4V
- 2.8 Convert MKV to AVI
- 2.9 Convert MKV to AVI Online
- 2.10 Convert MKV to FLV
- 2.11 Convert MKV to DVD
- 2.12 Convert MKV to MOV
- 2.13 Convert MKV to iTunes
- 2.14 MKV to MOV Converter Online
- 2.15 Convert MKV to VOB
- 2.16 Convert MKV to DivX
- 2.17 Convert MKV to MPEG
- 2.18 Convert MKV to MPEG2
- 2.19 Convert MKV to MPEG4
- 2.20 Convert MKV to XviD
- 2.21 Convert MKV to 3GP
- 2.22 Convert MKV to M2TS
- 2.23 Convert MKV to AVCHD
- 2.24 Convert MKV to H264
- 2.25 Convert MKV to TS
- 2.26 Convert MKV to VCD
- 2.27 Convert MKV to AC3
- 2.28 Burn MKV to DVD
- 2.29 Burn MKV to Blu-ray
- 2.30 Convert MKV to SWF
- 3. Convert Other Format to MKV+
- 3.1 Convert MP4 to MKV
- 3.2 Convert MP4 to MKV on Mac
- 3.3 Convert MP4 to MKV Online
- 3.4 Convert M4V to MKV
- 3.5 Convert WMV to MKV
- 3.6 Convert MOV to MKV
- 3.7 Convert DVD to MKV
- 3.8 Convert M2TS to MKV
- 3.9 Convert AVI to MKV
- 3.10 Convert Bluray to MKV
- 3.11 Convert FLV to MKV
- 3.12 Convert AVCHD to MKV
- 3.13 Convert OGM to MKV
- 3.14 Convert MTS to MKV
- 3.15 Convert WTV to MKV
- 3.16 Convert VOB to MKV
- 3.17 Convert RMVB to MKV
- 3.18 YouTube to MKV
- 4. Edit MKV & Other Tips+
- 4.1 Extract Subtitles from MKV
- 4.2 Add Substitles to MKV
- 4.3 Add SRT to MKV
- 4.4 Compress MKV Video
- 4.5 Reduce MKV File Size
- 4.6 Cut MKV Files
- 4.7 Edit MKV Metadata
- 4.8 MKV No Sound
- 4.9 MKV Video Player for Android
- 4.10 MKV Converter for Mac
- 4.11 Free MKV Converter
- 4.12 MKV Player Mac
- 4.13 2D to 3D MKV Converter
- 4.14 Remux MKV
- 4.15 MKV Encoder
- 4.16 Convert MKV to FCP Mac
- 4.17 Stream MKV to TV with Chromecast
- 4.18 Import MKV to iMovie
- 4.19 Windows DVD Maker MKV
- 4.20 Convert MKV to MP4 with HandBrake Alternative
The Fastest Solution to Play MKV on Samsung TV Easily
I want to play one of my MKV files on my big-screen Samsung TV, but it doesn't work when I play it directly. How do I play MKV files on Samsung TV?
No matter whether you download your favorite videos from the Internet or you get a copy from your buddy, there are chances that the videos you get are in MKV format. Generally, it is believed that MKV is the compression for audio or video format, but actually it is multimedia container formats.
Coming to the technical aspect, MKV files are encoded in Matroska format that is capable of holding videos, picture, audio, and subtitle of the unlimited number in a single file. MKV file can also include metadata information like description, cover art, ratings and others.
MKV is preferred over other popular file formats like MP4, AVI, and ASF as it renders an array of advantages. These files are designed in a manner so that they can keep pace with the future and do not become outdated quickly. MKV containers are easy to adapt as well as use. This flexible format is rapidly gaining popularity to play high definition videos.
- Part 1. Can Samsung TV Play MKV Files
- Part 2. Best Solution to Convert MKV to Samsung TV
- Part 3. Conclusion for Converting MKV to Other Formats
When it comes to playing MKV files, you can either play them by downloading codecs or on compatible media players. Specifically talking about Samsung TV, the official site of the company has listed MKV file as one of the supported formats. Samsung TV claims to support and play MKV files, but practically, these files having some specific parameters can only be played.
Many times you may encounter an issue when you find MKV not playing on Samsung TV. This problem arises if the MKV file contains any audio codec, subtitle or image that is not supported by Samsung TV, it cannot be played. Thus, it can be concluded that Samsung TV playing MKV files totally depends on the fact that what is actually present in these files. For example, Samsung TV has poor compatibility with Dolby True Audio and DTS Audio, and if these audio codecs are present in MKV file, they cannot be played on Samsung TV.
Considering the above Samsung TV not playing MKV files playback issue, the best solution is to convert MKV file format to Samsung TV compatible ones. There are a long list of converter programs available and one of the best names in this category is Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate. This professional software does everything that you may need to enjoy your favorite videos on different devices. The converter is capable of converting videos to virtually any possible format without any loss of quality. The conversion takes place at high speed and includes all latest and high-end formats including 4K and VR videos. In addition to specific formats, Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate is also capable of converting videos that are compatible with specific devices like iPhone, Samsung, Apple TV, HTC, LG, and others. Thus using this amazing converter, you can easily convert MKV file format that is compatible with Samsung TV and flawlessly enjoy your favorite videos.
Striking Features of Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate:
- Features APEXTRANS technology that facilitates video conversion at 30 times faster speed.
- Support a wide array of formats, including standard video formats, HD formats, 3D formats, online video formats, DRM video formats, audio formats, DVD formats and device compatible formats.
- Allows downloading as well as recording videos from more than 10,000 sites.
- Facilitates editing media with multiple features.
- Allows multiple DVD related functions like converting DVD, taking a backup, editing, burning and creating DVD.
- Play MKV on Samsung TV easily.
- Burn MKV to DVD disk to play with your DVD player.
- Optimized conversion presets for iDVD, iMovie, Final Cut Pro.
- Edit MKV videos with the advanced video editing functions like trimming, cropping, adding watermark, subtitles etc.
- Download videos from YouTube and other 10,000 video sharing sites.
- Supported OS: Windows NT4/2000/2003/XP/Vista/7/8, and Windows 10 (32 bit & 64 bit), Mac OS X 10.14 (Mojave), 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Watch Video Tutorial to Convert MKV to Samsung TV Compatible Format
Detailed Guide to Play MKV on Samsung TV Using Wondershare MKV to Samsung TV Converter:
Step 1 Launch Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate and import MKV videos.
First of all, download, install and launch Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate on your PC. Next, you need to import MKV files to this TV MKV converter; and for this, you can either drag or drop the files or click the Add Files option and browse for the files on your PC.
Step 2 Select Samsung TV compatible format from the MKV to Samsung TV converter.
Open drop-down list of Convert all files to: at the top-right of the software interface. Click TV from the Device category and choose Samsung TV.
The Samsung TV output format is optimized to contain best settings and Samsung TV MKV codec for playback.
Step 3 Play MKV files on Samsung TV.
Click the Convert or Convert All button to start the conversion process from MKV to Samsung TV compatible format, it will complete in minutes.
Once the MKV file is converted, you can transfer it to your USB drive and play them on your Samsung TV via the USB port.
MKV is a popular format that is gaining immense popularity among video freaks owing to its array of features and functions. Since MKV is an open standard and free container format, it can be played on compatible devices or by downloading file codecs. There are many situations when you're puzzled by the formats, but converting MKV to other formats would make you out of the troubles:
- If your MKV file format is incompatible of playing with the desired devices like iPhone, iPad, and others, you would need to convert them to compatible formats.
- Part of MKV formats cannot be played on the desired device. For example, Samsung TV claims to support MKV files, but it cannot play the ones having Dolby Audio and other incompatible formats as its content.
- If you wish to edit some part of MKV videos and need to work with specialized tools, you need to convert them to other formats firstly.
- MKV is large in size and would be difficult to transfer to others. Thus, if you need small video to transfer for other needs, you'd better convert it to other light formats.
- Many users have experienced that MKV proves to be harmful to hard disk. Thus if you have also suffered from the same issue, you'd better convert MKV to other safe formats.
Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate proves to be an apt MKV to Samsung TV converter. It can easily convert MKV to Samsung TV compatible formats without any quality loss. Try it now.