- 1. Play MKV on Device+
- 1.1 Top MKV Player
- 1.2 Play MKV on Mac
- 1.3 Play MKV on Apple TV
- 1.4 Play MKV on Samsung TV
- 1.5 Play MKV on Sony TV
- 1.6 Play MKV on LG TV
- 1.7 Play MKV on PS3
- 1.8 Play MKV on Xbox One
- 1.9 Play MKV on Xbox360
- 1.10 Play MKV to iPhone
- 1.11 Play MKV to iPad
- 1.12 Play MKV on iPod
- 1.13 Play MKV on Android Phone
- 1.14 Play MKV on Nexus 7
- 1.15 Play MKV in VLC
- 1.16 Play MKV in Windows Media Player
- 1.17 MKV Playback Issues in VLC
- 2. Convert MKV to Other Format+
- 2.1 Convert MKV to MP4
- 2.2 Convert MKV to MP4 on Mac
- 2.3 Convert MKV to MP4 Online
- 2.4 Convert MKV to MP3
- 2.5 Convert MKV to Audio
- 2.6 Convert MKV to WMV
- 2.7 Convert MKV to M4V
- 2.8 Convert MKV to AVI
- 2.9 Convert MKV to AVI Online
- 2.10 Convert MKV to FLV
- 2.11 Convert MKV to DVD
- 2.12 Convert MKV to MOV
- 2.13 Convert MKV to iTunes
- 2.14 MKV to MOV Converter Online
- 2.15 Convert MKV to VOB
- 2.16 Convert MKV to DivX
- 2.17 Convert MKV to MPEG
- 2.18 Convert MKV to MPEG2
- 2.19 Convert MKV to MPEG4
- 2.20 Convert MKV to XviD
- 2.21 Convert MKV to 3GP
- 2.22 Convert MKV to M2TS
- 2.23 Convert MKV to AVCHD
- 2.24 Convert MKV to H264
- 2.25 Convert MKV to TS
- 2.26 Convert MKV to VCD
- 2.27 Convert MKV to AC3
- 2.28 Burn MKV to DVD
- 2.29 Burn MKV to Blu-ray
- 2.30 Convert MKV to SWF
- 3. Convert Other Format to MKV+
- 3.1 Convert MP4 to MKV
- 3.2 Convert MP4 to MKV on Mac
- 3.3 Convert MP4 to MKV Online
- 3.4 Convert M4V to MKV
- 3.5 Convert WMV to MKV
- 3.6 Convert MOV to MKV
- 3.7 Convert DVD to MKV
- 3.8 Convert M2TS to MKV
- 3.9 Convert AVI to MKV
- 3.10 Convert Bluray to MKV
- 3.11 Convert FLV to MKV
- 3.12 Convert AVCHD to MKV
- 3.13 Convert OGM to MKV
- 3.14 Convert MTS to MKV
- 3.15 Convert WTV to MKV
- 3.16 Convert VOB to MKV
- 3.17 Convert RMVB to MKV
- 3.18 YouTube to MKV
- 4. Edit MKV & Other Tips+
- 4.1 Extract Subtitles from MKV
- 4.2 Add Substitles to MKV
- 4.3 Add SRT to MKV
- 4.4 Compress MKV Video
- 4.5 Reduce MKV File Size
- 4.6 Cut MKV Files
- 4.7 Edit MKV Metadata
- 4.8 MKV No Sound
- 4.9 MKV Video Player for Android
- 4.10 MKV Converter for Mac
- 4.11 Free MKV Converter
- 4.12 MKV Player Mac
- 4.13 2D to 3D MKV Converter
- 4.14 Remux MKV
- 4.15 MKV Encoder
- 4.16 Convert MKV to FCP Mac
- 4.17 Stream MKV to TV with Chromecast
- 4.18 Import MKV to iMovie
- 4.19 Windows DVD Maker MKV
- 4.20 Convert MKV to MP4 with HandBrake Alternative
Most people store their ISO files in Blu-ray discs to preserve their quality or as a backup to the external drive. Nevertheless, most media players or portable devices cannot play the Blu-ray ISO files. To ensure that people can play the content in the Blu-ray ISO, they convert Blu-ray to MKV. MKV files are supported by most video players and portable device, and that is why most people would prefer to convert Blu-ray ISO to MKV. The following article guides on how to convert Blu-ray to MKV using the best Blu-ray to MKV Converter.
- Part 1. How to Convert Blu-ray ISO to MKV with Ease
- Part 2. 3 Useful Tips on Setting up Bluray Player
Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate serves as the best Blu-ray to MKV converter. Its functionality is enhanced by speed, the ease of use, editing options and the ability to convert files in batch. The tool has outstanding features that can help you make incredible MKV from Blu-ray and perform other functions to your video.
Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate - Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Support format conversion between more than 1000 video and audio formats.
- Act as DVD toolkit to burn, edit, backup and copy DVD.
- 30X faster conversion speed for batch converting than other converters.
- Build your music library by ripping audio music from any video file.
- Inbuilt editing tools to customize and enhance your video before conversion.
- Download/record videos from 10000+ video sharing sites.
- Simple interface that eliminates elements of confusion even to new users.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate supports both Windows and Mac OS and the steps followed in the conversion process are almost the same.You can make MKV from Blu-ray on Mac through the conversion of Blu-ray to MKV as indicated by the following steps.
Step 1 Load Blu-ray ISO Files
Launch Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate on your Mac and then on the top menu click File > Load DVD and then choose Load ISO Files. A browser window will appear, and from the browser, you can open the destination of your Blu-ray ISO file, select the file and hit Open.
Step 2 Select Output Video Format
After loading your Blu-ray file, you will see its description. Go to the bottom of the screen and click on Videos and Select MKV as your output format. You can also choose the video quality for your final file.
Step 3 Start Blu-ray to MKV Conversion
To convert your Blu-ray to MKV, hit the Convert button and the files will be converted to MKV videos in a short time.
1. Select the Right Video Resolution and Frame Rate
Most new Blu-ray players have an auto resolution which is set by default for the HDMI output that shows the image at a resolution accepted by your TV. The resolution for a new TV is mostly 1080p. The auto setting is often okay for most users, but in case you need to change the output resolution of the player, the options to do so are in the setup menu known as the TV setup. The possible options that you can use to change the resolution include 480p, 720p, 1080i, and 1080p. For you to understand the resolution that your TV is receiving, you can just press the Info button on the remote to your TV, and the resolution will be shown for you. On the TV Setup menu, there is an option called “24p output”. The option allows you to set the frame rates for your movies or videos. Sometimes the option can be switched off by default. Most films are shot at a frame rate of 24 frames and then converted for you to be able to watch them in a standard 60Hz TV. The conversion process is called the 3.2 pulldowns. When the “24p output” is switched off, the Blu-ray player adds the 3.2 process to the movies thus outputting them at 60Hz. When the option is turned on, the player outputs the films at 24 frames in very second just like their original filming.
2. Set the right Shape for your TV
The option is known as the TV Shape, or the TV aspect ratio found in the TV setup menu helps in setting the right shape for your TV. If you are using an HDTV, the best shape is a 16.9 which is a rectangular shape. However, there are a variety of 16.9 choices that you need to choose from, and the option is determined by how you want to view a square in your 16.9 TV. Most TV shows and older films were shot in a 4.3 aspect ratio. However, you can choose to see them with sidebars that keep the right shape of the image when you are watching them in Blu-ray player. You can also decide to do away with the sidebars by stretching the image to the screen edges, or you can zoom them to distort the shape.
3. Link your player to your Network
If you want to benefit from all functions offered by the Blu-ray players, you need to connect it to the internet. The connection allows you to update the firmware of your player since when connected, some players will inform you when the updates are available. It also lets you access the interactive web-based content that might be provided on some Blu-ray discs. Also when you have the internet connection, you can use your media player and access the streaming videos and music from sites such as YouTube and Netflix. Lastly, you can share content wirelessly between a mobile device and a player when you have same network connections.