- 1. Playing with VLC+
- 1.1 Play Blu-Ray Movies
- 1.2 Play DLNA Content
- 1.3 Play Videos in VLC with Airplay
- 1.4 Play YouTube Videos in VLC
- 1.5 Play M2TS with VLC
- 1.6 Play MTS with VLC
- 1.7 Play M4V with VLC
- 1.8 Play MP4 in VLC
- 1.9 Play RTMP with VLC
- 1.10 Play ISO with VLC
- 1.11 Play AVI with VLC
- 1.12 Play WMV with VLC
- 1.13 Play MIDI with VLC
- 1.14 Play 3D Movies with VLC
- 1.15 Play avchd with VLC
- 1.16 Play Sopcast in VLC
- 1.17 FLAC Not Playing
- 1.18 MP4 Not Playing
- 1.19 FLV Not Playing
- 1.20 MKV Not Playing
- 1.21 MOV Not Playing
- 1.22 UNDF Not Playing
- 1.23 Use VLC for PS3
- 2. Convert & Stream+
- 3. Editing with VLC+
- 4. VLC for Mobile+
- 5. VLC Assistant+
- 6. Tips & Tricks+
- 6.1 Download VLC 64 bit
- 6.2 VLC Latest Version
- 6.3 Download VLC for Mac
- 6.4 VLC for Windows 7
- 6.5 VLC for Windows 8
- 6.6 VLC Skins
- 6.7 VLC Command Line
- 6.8 VLC as Default Player
- 6.9 Convert CD with VLC
- 6.10 Burn VLC Files to DVD
- 6.11 VLC Web Plugin
- 6.12 Remote Control VLC
- 6.13 VLC Shortcuts
- 6.14 Screen Capture with VLC
- 6.15 Sync VLC Audio
- 6.16 KMplayer vs VLC
- 6.17 MPC vs VLC
- 6.18 MPlayer vs VLC
- 6.19 VLC Old Version
- 6.20 Snapshots in VLC
- 6.21 Change XBMC to VLC
- 6.22 Is VLC Safe
- 6.23 Best Torrent Player
- 6.24 How to Control the Speed
- 6.25 VLC Player Doesn't Have Sound
Most of us use two or more media players for playing videos. For instance, Windows Media Player cannot play .flv files. A common choice for us is to use the VLC player, which can play any format, from .mkv to .flv. Most of us have VLC as our default player.
Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) - Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Convert to 1000+ formats, like AVI, MKV, MOV, MP4, etc.
- Convert to optimized preset for almost all of the devices.
- 30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your videos file.
- Download/record videos from 10000+ video sharing sites.
- Fetch metadata for your iTunes movies automatically.
- Versatile toolbox combines fix video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder.
- Industry-leading APEXTRANS technology converts videos with zero quality loss or video compression.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11 (El Capitan), 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
VLC will help you open the file immediately with a double click and enjoy it – there isn’t the constant problem of the video or file not being supported. Here, we will discuss the steps to make the VLC as default player.
- Part 1. How to Replace XMBC Player with VLC as the Default Player on Windows
- Part 2. How to Change the Default Player from XMBC to VLC on Mac
It is always wise to keep two media players on your system. However, keep player VLC media player upfront as default player. Here are the steps to make the VLC player as default player.
Step 1 Open file explorer and go to any media file that is opened by XMBC. Now right click on the video file, go to the option open with, and navigate to set default program.
Step 2 After clicking on the set default program you will have the list of the programs that can open the file. If you have VLC installed on your system it will also be listed. Just click on it.
The files of that format will now always open with VLC by default. Just double click on it and check if it opens with VLC player.
Mac also has good players by default like iTunes or XMBC but there are various formats that it does not support. You can install VLC for mac from the official site videolan.org. Download the latest version to have support for the most recent formats.
Step 1 Explore your system for the file that uses XMBC player. Go to the File tab on the top left of the screen. Now, navigate to Get info.
Step 2 Now to go to Open With section in the panel. There will be the list of the program available on your system. If you have installed VLC on your system, it will be on the list. Select the VLC on the list.
Or:You can always follow the same step used for windows you can access open with by performing right click on the file and set VLC as default.
Step 3 Now change the option to change all to make sure the file with same format open with vlc by default. Just open any file by double clicking on it to check if it opens with VLC player.
You can always switch back to different media player whenever you require. However, if you like VLC, always keep it updated to have support for new formats. Remember that using VLC as your default player will ease off many of your worries. For one, you wouldn’t have to wonder about converting videos from one file format to another and can run them easily, just after the download is finished.