- 1. Convert Videos to Any Format+
- 2. Video to Audio Converters+
- 3. Video Converters for Device+
- 4. Other Video Converters Tips+
- 4.1 Top 10 Free Video Converters Windows
- 4.2 Top 11 Online YouTube Converters
- 4.3 Free YouTube Video Converters
- 4.4 Facebook Video Converters
- 4.5 Is Online Video Converter Safe
- 4.6 Video Format Converters
- 4.7 Top 5 Video Size Converters
- 4.8 Top 6 Video Resolution Converters
- 4.9 Batch Video Converters
- 4.10 Top 5 MXF Converters
- 4.11 DVR-MS Converter
- 4.12 Alternative to HandBrake
- 4.13 HandBrake Settings
- 4.14 Alternative to Movavi Windows
- 4.15 Best Alternative to Movavi
- 4.16 Alternative to Freemake
- 4.17 YouTube Playlist Downloader
- 4.18 Windows Media Player Alternatives
- 4.19 4K to 1080p Converter
- 4.20 Upload Screen Recording
- 4.21 Download Sound Effects
- 4.22 Edit Videos Easily
- 4.23 Video Editors for Beginners
- 4.24 Maximize Study Efficiency
- 4.25 Convert Online Videos for Phone
- 4.26 Top 10 Online Study Sites
- 4.27 HEVC Converter
- 4.28 H.265 Video Converter
- 4.29 Online WLMP Converter
- 4.30 6 Popular AMV Converters
- 4.31 Convert Swf to Html5
- 4.32 Best Format Factory Alternative
- 4.33 Top 10 Free Quicktime Converter
- 4.34 How to Screen Capture in iMovie
HEVC Converter – Find the Right One
- Part 1. About HEVC
- Part 2. Why Would You Need an HEVC Converter or an H.265 Converter
- Part 3. Choosing the Right HEVC Converter
It can be difficult to find the right HEVC converter – you need to know what you’re trying to do and what will best serve your purposes. HEVC stands for high efficiency video coding, which is a video compression standard. It is also known as H.265, and is the successor to Advanced Video Coding, or H.264 (one of the compression schemes used by Blu-ray.
The advantage of HEVC is that it will offer the same level of picture quality (high definition video) as AVC, but it has better compression. In other words, the files are smaller, there is less space required to store the data, and the quality is better. In other words, there’s a difference between more compression and better compression. In video technology, more compression results in quality loss (you’re saving the space, but losing a lot of quality), whereas better compression means you compress files efficiently, without experiencing significant loss.
However, the disadvantage to HEVC is that it is not compatible with everything. In fact, since its next-gen compression technology, data compressed using HEVC may not be readily available for playback – you’ll need a conversion device to make the data useful again.
Why would you need an HEVC converter or an H.265 converter? Let’s go back to the example of more conversion vs. better conversion.
Essentially, anyone who does videography – whether filmmakers, professional videographers, vloggers, etc. – is going to benefit from using the HEVC converter. HEVC is targeted at next-generation HDTV displays and content capture systems which feature progressive scanned frame rates and display resolutions from QVGA (320×240) to 4K UHD 4320p (8192×4320), as well as improved picture quality in terms of noise level, color spaces, and dynamic range. Using HEVC improves the quality by removing “noise,” both in terms of audio and visual distractions. Here, you have more compression and better compression, because it is more efficient and better quality than the H.264 conversion. HEVC was designed to substantially improve coding efficiency compared to H.264/MPEG-4 AVC HP, that is to say, to reduce bitrate requirements by half with comparable image quality, at the expense of increased computational complexity. Given the same quality video, HEVC H.265 video can reduce file size of 52% for 480p video, 56% for 720p video, 56% for 720p video, 62% for 1080p video and 64% for 4K UHD video compared to H.264/MPEG-4 AVC.
So, converting to HEVC H.265 from video H.264 HD video or other HD video including AVCHD, MXF, MTS, M2TS, MOD, TOD, HD MP4, HD AVI, HD MKV, HD WMV, ProRes can not only reduce file size but also improve quality using the same bitrate.
During the process of HEVC H.265 codec to completely replace H.264/AVC, new hardware devices will need time to support the new codec, so if you have some HEVC H.265 video, you may need to convert HEVC to H.264 or other video formats like converting H.265 to AVI, WMV, ASF, MKV, FLV, WebM, MP3, WMA, M4A, FLAC, etc. for various uses.
How do you choose the correct video converter, though? First it depends on what OS you are using, as well as what you can spend and what you need it to do. It is difficult to find a converter that is compatible with many OS because HEVC is still fairly new technology. There are some great decoders and converters available though. Wondershare Uniconverter is integrated of HEVC H.265 encoding and decoding. No matter you are looking for converting video to HEVC/H.265 480p, 720p, 1080p, 4K UHD 4320p or decode HEVC/H.265 video to other video formats, the professional HEVC Converter will fulfill your task fast and easily. As a professional HEVC decoder, HEVC H.265 converter can decode and convert HEVC H.265 video in various resolution like 4K UHD 4320p, 8k to all most video formats such as convert HEVC to MP4, MOV, AVI, 3GP, FLV, H.264, MKV, WMV, RM, Avid, DivX, MXF, ASF, WebM, Pores, WTV, etc., and can extract audio, music from HEVC and save as MP3, M4A, OGG, FLAC, Apple Lossless ALAC, AAC, AC3, WAV, WMA, etc.
Best of all, this HEVC converter works on both Mac and Windows operating systems. Because of its versatility, and the fact that it is completely compatible with almost any conversation you wish, this is, hands down, the best converter available.
Your Complete Video and Audio Toolbox
- Convert video to over 1000 formats, such as MP4, AVI, WMV, MP3, etc.
- Versatile toolbox combines GIF maker, cast video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder
- 30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters
- Edit, enhance & personalize your video files
- Burn and customize your video to DVD with free DVD menu templates
- Download or record videos from 10,000+ video sharing sites
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6