Top 6 PS3 Movie Converters to Convert Movies to Play on PS3
Sony PS3 is not just a gaming console; it’s a complete entertainment unit. Besides playing your favorite games, you can also use PS3 to binge-watch your favorite TV shows and movies. Many people are prompted with an error when they try to play certain video files on their PS3.
This usually happens due to compatibility issues. Sony’s PS3 only supports selective video formats such as AVI, MP4, WMV, TS, and M2TS. So, when you try to play videos with a different file format, you’ll be prompted with a compatibility error. That doesn’t mean you’ll have to compromise with your entertainment session because PS3 doesn’t support a few video formats.
You can convert movies to PS3 format and easily play them on your gaming console. To make your job easier, we’re going to showcase a few solutions to convert videos to a PS3 compatible format. Follow these solutions, and you’ll be able to play all your video files on a PS3 without any interruption.
- Part 1. How to convert movies to PS3 format supported on Windows PC and Mac
- Part 2. Top 5 PS3 movie converters in 2022
It’s worth noting that neither Windows nor macOS comes with pre-installed software that supports video conversions. So, you’ll have to manually install a dedicated tool to convert movie/videos to PS3 supported video formats.
We recommend using Wondershare UniConverter. Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is a feature-rich video conversion tool that’s designed to convert media files to different formats. UniConverter supports more than 1,000 audio and video formats, which means you’ll be able to convert movies to play on PS3 without any issues.
The software also supports batch conversion. So, if you have multiple videos that you want to convert simultaneously, Wondershare UniConverter will help you get the job done. Let’s take a look at a few of the features of Uniconverter that make it the most reliable video converter.
Wondershare UniConverter for Mac/Windows
- Converts videos to different formats
- UniConverter has a dedicated “video editor” that’ll help you even edit the converted videos.
- Convert multiple videos at the same time
- Full GPU acceleration supports faster file conversion
- Compress video files to reduce their size without compromising with the overall quality.
Here’s the detailed step-by-step procedure to convert videos using Wondershare UniConverter.
Step 1 Launch the tool.
Download and install UniConverter on Your PC and then launch the software. On its home screen, select Video Converter from the left sidebar.
Step 2 Import files.
Click the Add Files icon or use the drag & drop feature to add the videos that you want to convert.
Step 3 Choose output format.
Using the drop-down menu at the bottom of your screen, choose an output format that’s supported by PS3.
Step 4 Convert files.
Now, choose the destination folder to save the converted video and click Convert to initiate the conversion process. You can also tap the Start All button if you’ve added multiple files in the timeline.
Step 5 Access files.
Once the videos are converted, click Open to play them.
That’s how you can convert as many videos as you want and enjoy watching them on your PS3.
Apart from Wondershare UniConverter, there are many other tools that’ll help you convert movies to PS3 supported video files. Here we have cherry-picked the most reliable PS3 converters for instant video conversion.
Online Video Converter
Online Video Converter is a free PS3 movie converter that’ll help you convert video files on almost every device. With a quick drag-&-drop feature and cloud integration, you’ll be able to add video files within seconds. Once the files are successfully uploaded, you could choose the desired “output format” from the listed menu and click “Convert” to instantly start the conversion process.
One of the best USPs of Online Video Converters is that it lets you even specify the video resolution for the converted video. You can either keep the resolution the same as the source file or change it as per your preferences.
● Online Video Converter has no file limit. You can convert as many files as you want in one go
● Supports 300+ video formats
● It takes comparatively less time than other tools to convert videos
● You can only convert videos with up to 2GB file size. But, considering an HD video can be as large as 5-6 GB, you won’t be able to convert movies using Online Video Converter
● If you try to convert multiple files at the same time, the server may fail to process the conversion
Any Video Converter
Any Video Converter is a dedicated video converter for Windows. Despite being a free video converter, the software is packed with a wide variety of features. You can download videos from YouTube and directly start converting them to a PS3 supported video format. Being a professional video converter, Any Video Converter offers high flexibility and supports different formats as well. Practically, you can convert any video file using Any Video Converter.
● With a few editing features, you can also edit the converted video before exporting it to your PC
● User-friendly interface
● Supports batch conversion
● The software includes built-in bundled applications that make the entire software a bit of a clutter
● Any Video Converts is only available for Windows OS
Freemake Video Converter
Freemake Video Converter is yet another conversion software for Windows OS. You can install the application on every Windows version, including Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10. It supports 500+ formats, making it easier to convert different media files easily.
Even though the software doesn’t have any advanced features like the previous entries, it’ll help you instantly convert movies to play on PS3. One of the major features of Freemake Video Converter is that you can even convert 4K and Full HD videos. So, if you have a 4K file, you won’t have to downgrade its resolution before converting it.
● Supports 500+ formats
● Download videos directly from Facebook, YouTube, and other social media platforms
● Upload converted videos directly on YouTube
● The free version only supports limited features
If you want to convert small video clips to a corresponding PS3 supported format, Zamzar is one of the most reliable options. An online video converter lets users add files from their local computer or even from a cloud storage platform like Google Drive and DropBox.
It supports a wide variety of video formats, which means it won’t be a hassle to convert videos at all. In fact, you’ll be able to convert videos with three easy steps using Zamzar. The only downside of Zamzar is that you can only convert videos having file size up to 50 MB.
● You can add videos directly from the cloud
● A quick and effective way to convert videos online
● There is no need to install dedicated software on your PC
● Since the software has a size limit of 50 MB, you won’t be able to convert many videos
Convertio is also an online video converter that has a slight advantage over Zamzar. You can convert up to 100MB of videos using Convertio. But, you can extend the size limit after creating an account at Convertio.
It’s also a suitable option when you want to convert small video clips and large video files that you want to watch on your Sony PS3 console. Add the videos from the cloud or drag & drop them from your local PC and hit the “Convert” button to initiate the video conversion.
● Customize quality, resolution, as well as aspect ratio before converting a video
● Fast conversion for any format
● It supports different video formats
● The size limit might be a concern for users who want to convert movies or HD videos
It’s no secret that PS3 is one of the best gaming consoles out there. But you can also use it to watch movies and play music. All you have to do is use a reliable PS3 movie converter and convert the dedicated video to a PS3 supported file format. Choose any of the above video converters, and they’ll help you convert videos within a few minutes.