- TRY FREE TRY FREE
- 1. Video Player +
- 2. Audio Player +
- 3. Video/Audio Player Alternatives +
- 4. Video/Audio Players for Mobile +
- 4.1 WMV Player for Android/iPhone
- 4.2 M4A Player for Android
- 4.3 M4B Player for Android
- 4.4 Music Player for Android
- 4.5 Play Blu-ray on Xbox 360
- 4.6 Play CD on Xbox One
- 4.7 FLV Player for Android
- 4.8 WebM Player for Android/iPhone
- 4.9 iPad Video Player
- 4.10 Play Blu-ray on Xbox One
- 4.11 Play MKV on PS4
- DVD Users
- Social Media Users
- Camera Users
- Creative Design
- Movie Users
- Travelling Fans
- Educational Users
- More Solutions
Top 9 H264 Players: How to Play H264 Files Easily
To play your H264 files in a hassle-free manner it is important to have the right player that allows playback in high quality. If you too are looking for a player the article below will be surely of great help. We have shortlisted the top H264 player tools.
- Part 1. What is H264 Format
- Part 2. The Best H264 File Player and Converter for Windows / Mac
- Part 3. 8 Free H264 Video Players Make It Easy to Open H264 Files
A video that is encoded using the H.264 compression is known as an H264 file. These files offer HD quality and are majorly used as a video format for Blu-ray, HDTV, and AVCHD camcorders. The format is also known as Advanced Video Coding or MPEG-4 part 10 (AVC, MPEG-4) and is capable of supporting 4K and 8K ultra-HD quality. An H264 file format is flexible and can be used with an array of networks, apps, and systems.
Playing your H264 files is easy and quick using the professional Wondershare Uniconverter software and in addition to this, the program allows conversion to over 1000 formats for playback on other devices. The software can be quickly downloaded on your Windows and Mac system and then it is all set to look after all your video-related needs. Device-specific profiles for the conversion are also supported by the software.
Key Features of the software:
Comes with a built-in player that allows playing videos in almost all formats.
The player supports additional functions like managing video playback, select subtitles, selecting audio tracks, capturing screenshots, and more)
Video conversion to over 1000 formats and devices supported
Built-in editor to trim, crop, cut, add effects, and other functions
Video download and recording supported
Additional functions include video compression, DVD burning, CD ripping, and more
Windows and Mac support
Steps to play and convert H264 files using Wondershare UniConverter
Step 1 Add H264 files to Wondershare UniConverter
Launch the software and from the Video Converter tab, click on the + sign or the Add Files icon to import the H264 videos.
Step 2 Play H264 videos
The added videos will appear on the interface with a thumbnail image and other file details. Move the cursor over the video image and click on the play icon. The video will open in a new pop-up player window. Use the other functions like screenshot capture, subtitle selection, and more from the player window.
Step 3 Choose the target format
The list of the supported output formats can be checked from the Output Format tab at the bottom-left corner. Select the desired format along with the quality from the Video list.
Step 4 Convert H264 videos
The desktop folder to save the converted files can be selected from the File Location section. Click on the Start All button for batch processing. The Finished tab will save the converted files on the interface.
The list of the popular and free tools that allow opening and playing H264 files easily are enlisted below.
1. VLC Media Player
Free to use, this is an open-source media player that is compatible playing on all platforms including Windows, Mac, and Linux. The versatile player supports the playback of multimedia files in all formats and quality including H264. You can also play the files present on your DVDs, VCDs, and Audio CDs. You can also convert h264 to mp4 vlc if needed.
- Support to all formats including H264 for playback
- This H264 file player is user-friendly
- Supports playback of videos with external subtitles
- Comes with a built-in equalizer
- Program interface cannot be customized
- Tags cannot be used
2. Leawo Blu-ray player
For playback of DVD, Blu-ray, 4K, HD, and all other files in a hassle-free manner, this is a good tool to consider. Available for download on Windows and Mac, the tool offers a cinema-like video watching experience with support to high-quality videos, stereo audio, decryption performance, and more.
- Support to lossless quality playback of H264, MKV, MOV, 4K, and all other file types and formats
- Supports virtual control panel
- Interface language, skin, and background can be customized
- Subtitles and audio tracks can be selected
- The free version is ad-supported
- Advanced features are limited
- Crashing issues
3. 5K Player
Play videos in H264, H265, WebM, WMV, FLV, MKV, and several other formats and quality seamlessly using a 5K player. The tool is also capable of playing the internet radio and managing video music and organize files. If needed you can also cut the videos into clips.
- Support playing videos in H264, HDR, MKV, 4K, MKV, and others
- Works as a powerful music player
- Allows cutting the videos
- Option to add the subtitles
- Outdated interface
- The interface is very basic
4. DivX Player
To play, create as well as cast your videos in AVI, MKV, HEVC, 4K, H264, and other files this is an apt player to consider for your Windows and Mac systems. Free to use, the player comes packed with advanced playback features like finding scenes with Chapter points, multiple audio support, and more.
- User-friendly interface
- Option to convert and cast the video
- Free conversion comes with ads
5. Cisdem Video Player
This is free to use video player for the Mac systems that allows playback of all multimedia files including 5K, H264, Full HD, and more. The program does not require any additional codecs or plugins and the interface is simple to use.
- Play videos in all files types and formats
- Subtitles are loaded automatically with the option to add subtitles
- No spyware or ads
- Available only for the Mac systems
6. Zoom Player
It is a fast and flexible player available for download on the Windows PC. The player can be customized as needed and supports playing videos in all key formats. The full-screen interface of the player makes video playback easy and the five key system offers fast navigation. Advanced features like file browser, color controls, audio equalizer, bookmarks, and more are also supported by the player.
- Simple interface that makes the player apt even for the users with no experience
- Playback of files in all major formats supported
- Support additional features like Playlist editor, media library, file browser, and more
- Only Windows version available
- Design is not attractive
Available for Windows and Linux, this is a free player that comes with built-in codecs that allow playing videos and audios in almost all formats. The settings of the files are remembered by the player so that if you play it after a while, it starts with similar settings. There is an option for downloading subtitles and playing YouTube videos.
- The majority of the formats can be played without any need for codecs
- Multiple skins to customize the player looks
- Built-in YouTube Player
- Option to change the playback speed, adjusting subtitles, and more.
- No support for Mac systems
- Library for all supported formats is not included
8. GOM player
This is a premium video player that supports smooth playback of UHD, 4K, H264, and other high-quality videos. The player support functions like subtitle language, subtitle sync controls, screen capture, and more. It comes with user-friendly skin and design.
- Support to high-quality video playback
- Easy playback controls
- No support for Mac systems
- A little bulky
Choose from the above-listed players to play H264 files depending on your player requirements. Wondershare UniConverter doubles up as a player cum video toolbox with support to a wide range of features.