Top 5 Converters to Convert M2TS File to DVD Format in 2020
M2TS is a Blu-ray format, and sometimes when an MTS video is transferred to a PC, the footage is converted to M2TS. However, there might be instances when you want to transcode M2TS to DVD to make sure that the clip reaches the mass, and therefore it needs to be compatible with almost all the devices and media players.
With that said, the following sections discuss some of the best applications to convert M2TS file to DVD with ease.
- Part 1. How to convert M2TS file to DVD on PC with Wondershare UniConverter
- Part 2. The other 2 converters to convert M2TS to DVD
- Part 3. 2 free online converters to convert M2TS to DVD
- Part 4. Why you need to convert M2TS files to DVD
An efficient tool available for both Windows and Mac computers and equipped with all the required features for production and post-production needs, Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is a universal video converter and DVD creator that can be used to convert M2TS to DVD without installing any third-party application. All you need to have on your computer is a physical DVD burner and Wondershare UniConverter along with the actual footages that you want to convert from M2TS to DVD.
Wondershare UniConverter for Mac/Windows
- Audio Converter – This category allows you to convert any audio file to any of its relevant formats without involving any video clips during the process
- Video Compressor – This one lets you reduce the size of the large movie footages without deteriorating the picture quality whatsoever
- Video Editor – A separate category with multiple tools to help you trim, crop, apply effects and filters, etc. to the videos to make them more interesting and engaging
- Merger – Allows you to join two or more clips so that they can be watched on any media player without interruptions or breaks
- Screen Recorder – Facilitates you to create your own training material, game walkthroughs, video tutorials, etc. for both personal and professional purposes
You can follow the process given below to convert M2TS to DVD format with Wondershare UniConverter:
Note: You must insert a blank DVD in the DVD burner drive before proceeding.
Step 1 Select the DVD Burner category and import the M2TS video.
Start Wondershare UniConverter on your Mac or Windows computer, click to select the DVD Burner category from the list available in the left pane, click the Add Files icon from the right window, and select and import the source M2TS file to UniConverter.
Step 2 Select a theme.
Click the Edit button from the upper-right corner of the theme preview window, choose your preferred theme from the left pane of the DVD Template box that opens up, enter the desired information in the right, optionally choose background music and pictures using their corresponding fields present at the lower section of the box, and click OK to save the changes.
Step 3 Define burning preferences and media type, and burn the video.
Choose your preferred values from the Aspect Ratio, TV Standard, and Quality drop-down lists, ensure that the correct DVD burning device is selected in the Burn video to drop-down list present at the top-right corner of the interface, choose your preferred DVD type from the drop-down list present at the right area of the media field at the bottom, and click Burn from the bottom-right section of the window.
The fact of the matter is that Wondershare UniConverter is not the only application that can convert M2TS file to DVD. If you want to try a few other programs that can do the job for you before deciding which one is best for you, this section would be of great help.
The 2 other M2TS to DVD converting apps are discussed below along with their advantages and disadvantages.
As the name suggests, Freemake Video Converter is a free application that supports more than 500 formats including AVI, MP4, M2TS, etc. for conversions. Not only this, but the software is also capable of creating slideshows out of the images that are present on your computer. With a simple-to-use interface, the program is easily understandable, and even non-technical consumers can download and use the tool without any complications whatsoever.
● Can convert videos to device-specific formats such as for Apple, Sony, Xbox, etc.
● Has a built-in trimmer and cutter to remove unwanted sections from the video clips
● Freemake Video Converter is available only for Windows computers
Another product by the IT giant Wondershare is that this free video transcoder can also burn your M2TS videos on to a DVD. The process required to do this is almost identical to that used in Wondershare UniConverter. However, Wondershare Free Video Converter uses the legacy interface that was once used by UniConverter itself.
● Because Wondershare develops the product, it is reliable and can be trusted
● As with UniConverter, even Wondershare Free Video Converter supports more than 1000 formats
● You must upgrade to the Premium version to get rid of the audio and video watermarks that the app adds to the produced sounds and clips respectively
It is unlikely that an online converter would interact with the hardware resources on your local computer to burn the DVDs. Therefore, to make things easier, it would be good to transcode M2TS to DVD compatible format that uses the Video Object (VOB) file extension. Once converted, the VOB file can be burned to a physical optical media (DVD in this case) using any DVD burning program.
Considering this, listed below are the two free online converters that can easily convert M2TS file to DVD format without investing any funds.
This is again another product by Wondershare but uses the web interface instead of compelling you to install a computer program. This online sibling of UniConverter is as efficient as its desktop variant and enables you to convert M2TS to DVD format without even registering an account, as long as the source file doesn’t exceed 100MB in size.
● Because Wondershare develops the web app, it is reliable and can be trusted without any doubts
● The source M2TS files can be uploaded to the portal from your local computer, Dropbox, or Google Drive
● You must purchase a subscription plan to increase the file size limit from 100MB to 500MB
ConvertFiles offers a straightforward interface that you can use to convert M2TS files to DVD with 3 simple steps. The online solution is also capable of converting the archives, documents, e-books, audio files, and much more. ConvertFiles allows you to upload the source M2TS files of up to 250MB in size.
● The web app is absolutely free to use and has no pricing plans at the time of this writing
● Can be configured to send the download link of the converted file to your email ID for convenient accessibility
● The web page has many distracting advertisements and banners
M2TS files are the automatically transcoded versions of the MTS footages that have been recorded using an advanced camcorder such as Canon, Sony, etc. Since M2TS is a Blu-ray format, and the Blu-ray devices and media players are not that common at the time of this writing, people find it convenient to convert M2TS file to DVD to be burned on to a relevant optical media disc for hassle-free viewing.
Converting M2TS to DVD is not as complicated as it seems to be. However, it is imperative to have an efficient and robust transcoder such as Wondershare UniConverter that can do all kinds of conversions without deteriorating the quality of the output videos. In case the conversion tasks that you perform are not quite frequent, you can always go for any free online portal such as Wondershare Media.io to get the job done without any cost.