Get instant answers to common questions.
All solutions to convert,edit,burn,download and capture any video or audio
Once you have loaded the file into Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate, the following steps will explain how to trim the video.
1. Click on the Edit button on the right side of the files thumbail.
2. Click on the Trim tab in the window that opens.
3. Click on the Add trim marker to add a pair of sliders to determine where to trim the video. Once you have the sliders, drag them to select the section of the video you want to trim. Make sure that you set if you want to keep or discard the selected region under the preferences. Alternatively it is possible to manually set the Start Time and End Time for your selection.
4. Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate supports trimming multiple sections, allowing you to trim several parts from your video at one time. To do this, drag the Play slider to the new location and click on Add trim marker to add more trim sliders. Use the instructions above to define the new section to be trimmed. If you decide that you don’t need the extra sliders, click on Reset to remove them.
This link offers a video guide to assist: http://youtu.be/RlkLN1KsVfg
1. There are two options in the Preference drop down list; Keep the selected section or Delete the selected section. Set this according to how you want to work with the video.
2. After you have completed trimming your video, click OK to exit the window. Once you convert the video it will save with the settings you have specified.
Once you have loaded the file into the software, you can click the button then select Effect.
Once you have chosen an effect that you like, if the video ends up having distorted lines, select the Deinterlacing option.
Tip: You can click OK to save the settings. For the changes to take effect on the output video you will have to convert the file.
Once you have uploaded your file into the software, the following steps will allow you to add a watermark to your output file.
1. Click on the Edit button on the right side of the file thumbnail.
2. Select the Watermark tab and then choose Image Type and browse to find an image on your computer to add in an image watermark. Alternatively you can add a text watermark by choose Text Type and type the words that you want in the text box. Click the T button to define the font, color and other text settings for the watermark. You can then drag the added watermark onto the video screen to place it where you want it.
1. If you decide that you don’t want the watermark added to the converted file, click None. Once you have converted a file and included a watermark, be aware that the watermark cannot be removed after the conversion is complete and your video is created.
2. You can click Apply to All Videos to make this take effect on all of your files.
To merge your videos into one file, follow the steps below:
1. Click on the Convert tab and then click on Add Files or Load DVD button to load your source file.
2. Click on Merge all videos into one file on the bottom of the interface.
3. Choose your preferred Output Format in the section on the right side of the window, and then click on the Convert button to start the conversion process. The output video will then have merged all of your videos in one.
The final size of your output file will be determined by the length of the source file and your output settings. To reduce the file size, load in the file either by using Add Files or Load DVD, then click on the Settings button, and choose Small Size for the Quality, and then click OK to start the conversion.
If you wish to have an even smaller output size, you will have to manually input the parameters for bit rate, resolution, and frame rate.
Note: If you set the output parameters to low it will reduce the output quality.
The following steps will direct you how to use the metadata feature.
1. After loading your TV shows or a DVD file by clicking on Add Files or Load DVD, select MP4 as the output format, and then click on Metadata as shown below.
2. When entering the name of the video, ensure that it is correct and does not include any extra words as in “title 1”, etc.
3. Add in the Language and Type of the video as well. The Type should correspond to the iTunes category that you are trying to convert for. If you have selected Movie, once you have completed the conversion you will find the video listed in the Movie section of iTunes.
Tip: If you select TV Shows, input the Season and Episode number to get accurate metadata information.
4. Click on the Search button and Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate will match the metadata to your video automatically. If the result does not match what you are looking for, you can choose a different option from the other choices on the left side of the window, or you can manually edit the information.
5. Once you have completed editing your metadata information, click on OK and the information will be saved to the converted file.
Tip: To have the converted video along with the metadata information automatically added to your iTunes library, click Menu>Preferences>Convert and check Add Files to iTunes Library. Once the conversion is complete, the file will automatically be sent to the correct location of your iTunes library.
The following steps will help you to crop your video.
1. Click Add Files or Load DVD to load the source video into the software.
2. Click on the Edit button on the right side of the thumbnail.
3. Go to the Adjust tab to set the video cropping.
In the Cropping window you will notice eight small boxed around the dashed rectangle. Dragging these boxes will adjust the rectangle and allow you to choose what area to keep, as the part outside of the rectangle is what will be removed. You can also click on the Aspect Ratio to set the size of what you will crop out of the video.
The following video will help guide you if necessary: http://youtu.be/9vBEv2BTAgg
Tip: Once you have clicked on the Crop button, you will also get the option to input the resolution manually. If you choose to not go ahead with the crop that you have set, then click the Cancel button. To save your settings, click on the OK button.
After the video has been loaded into the software the steps below will allow you to rotate the video as you need.
1. Click on the Edit button on the right side of the file thumbnail.
2. Go to the Adjust tab and use one of the four options to do the rotation that you need. You can rotate the file as follows: Rotate 90 degrees Left, Rotate 90 degrees Right, Flip Horizontally, and Flip Vertically. Clicking on the icon will do the rotation for you, and you will see the rotation in the preview window. After you have your desired rotation complete, close the window to save the settings.
This video guide will assist further: http://youtu.be/JJ_7RrhOUdw
Tip: The changes will be saved once you complete the conversion of the video. Choose the Output Format that you wish to save the file in, and then click the Convert button.
Start by adding the file that you wish to add subtitles to via the Add Files or Load DVD buttons.
Below you will find the two options for inserting subtitles into the loaded video.
1. Select Add Subtitle from the drop-down list of the Subtitle menu.
2. After loading the video, click on Edit to open the video editing window. Click the Subtitle option and then click the Browse button to locate and load a subtitle file. If you wish to change the font of the subtitles click on the T button. It is also possible to location a subtitle file by clicking on the Search Subtitle option.
Tip: The subtitle file should be one of the following file types: .srt, .ass, or .ssa
The black bars will show up in your converted video if the aspect ratio of the source video and the output video are not the same, or if the media player you have exported to does not share the same ratio. The following steps will explain how to resolve this issue.
1. To maintain the aspect ratio of the source file in your converted file, choose an Output Format and then click on the Settings button. Here you will want to click on Keep Original and it will maintain the aspect ratio of the source file.
Now click on the Edit button to open the editing window and click on the Adjust tab. Here you will select Crop and then choose Original Size.
2. If you wish to set a different aspect ratio for the converted video, choose your Output Format and then click on the Settings button to set the resolution you prefer. After you have done that, click on the Edit button to access the edit window and choose the Adjust tab and set Full Screen as your aspect ratio.
1. If the source file contains the black bars, you can remove them by selecting the crop tab and then dragging the dashed line to select the video inside the black bars.
2. If your source file is DRM protected and you wish to retain the original aspect ratio after conversion, you will need to click Menu>Preferences>DRM and set the capture to Original Size. If you wish to convert the DRM protected to 16:9 (or 4:3) aspect ratio and the file isn’t originally in this size, you will need to convert the file to a non-protected file first. After you have removed the DRM protection, reload the file into Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate, and repeat the steps from above.
If this doesn’t work for you, load the video again and then send us screenshots with the following information so that we can assess the situation and get a solution to you as soon as possible.
1. Right click (right mouse button) the file to choose Source File Information.
2. The Settings window with your chosen options.
3. The Crop window with your chose options.
To take a screenshot, press the PRINTSCREEN key on your keyboard, and the click Start>All Programs>Accessories>Paint, and paste the image to the Paint program by pressing CTRL+V. Next Contact us with the screen shots so that we can help you.