Convert Videos for Mac
How to load converted files to iMovie?
For general iMovie questions, please visit Apple Support to find a way out.
How to convert NTSC to PAL?
The software cannot switch between NTSC and PAL automatically. You will need to manually change the resolution and frame rate.
Please change the output settings as follows:
Resolution: 720 x 480
Frame Rate: 29.97fps
Resolution: 720 x 576
Frame Rate: 25fps
How do I speed up conversion?
Conversion speed is dependent upon the length of the source file, as well as the configuration of your computer. Another factor would be the output settings you have chosen, as the higher output formatting will take longer due to the increased settings. It is recommended to quite all unnecessary programs on your computer before you start the conversion, as the process is also very process intensive.
1. After you load the file into the software, click on the Target button to select output video in lower resolution. This will unfortunately reduce the output quality due to the lower settings. (For common video, DVD, and DRM protected files.)
2. Click on the High Speed Conversion button on bottom if it’s showing as available. This feature is used for common video files only. To get detailed instructions on using this feature, follow this link.
3. If you have an NVIDIA graphics, 2nd generation Intel graphics card, or an AMD graphics card and you have the latest driver for the card installed, you will get the choice to enable GPU encoding. This will allow you to enjoy speeds of up to 6 times faster with the H.264 output format. This is only available when converting non-protected video files. (For common videos and DVD’s.)
How to verify your output file size before conversion?
After loading the video file and selecting an output format, you can check the output file size under the Target information. See screenshot below.
Note: The output file size is only an estimation.
How to convert an iMovie project file?
Video Converter Ultimate doesn’t support loading iMovie projects directly. You will need to export it first from iMovie before loading it to the application.
1. Launch iMovie, then go to Shareicon > File.
2. iMovie would export the video to a MOVfile by default.
3. Now you load the exported file to the Video Converter Ultimate application.
How do you set custom video and audio format?
After selecting the output format, click the Edit button next to it and then select Custom to set the parameters you like.
How do you load AVCHD files?
Find the AVCHD file, go to Finder and drag the file directly to the software.