- TRY IT FREE TRY IT FREE
- 1. Convert WMV to Other Format+
- 1.1 Convert WMV to MP4
- 1.2 Convert WMV to MP4 Mac
- 1.3 Convert WMV to MP4 Online
- 1.4 Convert WMV to MOV
- 1.5 Convert WMV to MOV Mac
- 1.6 WMV to MOV Converter Online
- 1.7 Import WMV to Final Cut Pro
- 1.8 Convert WMV to MP3
- 1.9 Convert WMV to AVI
- 1.10 Convert WMV to GIF
- 1.11 Convert WMV to VLC Online
- 1.12 Convert WMV to DVD
- 1.13 WMV to MKV Converter Online
- 1.14 WMV to WMA Converter
- 1.15 Convert WMV to FLV
- 1.16 Convert WMV to MPG
- 1.17 Convert WMV to Apple
- 1.18 Convert WMV to WAV
- 1.19 WMV to AVI Converter Online
- 1.20 Convert WMV to VOB
- 1.21 WMV to SWF Converter
- 1.22 WMV to WebM Converter
- 2. Convert Other Format to MP4+
- 2.1 Convert MP4 to WMV
- 2.2 Convert MP4 to WMV Online
- 2.3 MP4 to WMV Converter
- 2.4 Convert MOV to WMV
- 2.5 Convert MOV to WMV Online
- 2.6 MOV to WMV Converter
- 2.8 Convert AVI to WMV
- 2.9 Convert QuickTime to WMV
- 2.10 Convert FLV to WMV
- 2.11 Convert WLMP to WMV
- 2.12 Convert VOB to WMV
- 2.13 Convert MP3 to WMV
- 2.14 Convert MKV to WMV
- 2.15 Convert M4V to WMV
- 2.16 Convert 3GP to WMV
- 2.17 Convert MTS to WMV
- 2.18 Convert WAV to WMV Online
- 2.19 Convert WebM to WMV
- 2.20 Convert VLC to WMV
- 2.21 MTS to WMV Converter
- 2.22 Convert DAT to WMV
- 2.23 Convert VOB to WMV
- 2.24 Convert AVCHD to WMV
- 2.25 Export Final Cut Pro to WMV
- 3. WMV Tools & Tips+
How to Play WMV in iTunes Without Any Hassle
iTunes, one of the best-looking media players available today, is designed to serve people as the default player via its clean, user-friendly interface and tons of features. Different from other Apple-developed products, iTunes is also available for Windows users. However, if you try to play WMV file or other popular video formats in iTunes, you're likely to hit a roadblock as it might show an error message or no response. To solve your problem in playing WMV in iTunes, the article will tell you how to convert WMV to iTunes supported format for easy playback in iTunes.
- Part 1. iTunes Supported Formats
- Part 2. How to Convert WMV to iTunes Compatible Format
- Part 3. 3 Common Q&As for iTunes
Generally, only a video playable in Apple's own QuickTime player can be added to iTunes. So it's quite reasonable to understand that WMV, developed by Apple's main rival — Microsoft, is not compatible with iTunes. Let's face it, Windows and Mac will never fully get along. Playing WMV (Windows Media Video) on iTunes is no exception. Below is a table of the video and audio formats currently supported by Apple iTunes.
If you're looking to effectively convert your video or audio files to an iTunes supported format, the best way is to use a professional tool such as Wondershare WMV to iTunes Converter. Packed with editing, burning, streaming, and other video-related features, this all-in-one converter also converts WMV video to over 1000 video and audio formats, ensuring you to prepare your WMV videos for instant playback on iTunes easily.
Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Convert WMV to 1000+ formats, like MOV, AVI, MKV, MP4, etc.
- Convert purchased movies to other popular formats without transcoding
- Optimized presets for easy playback on iPad, Samsung, YouTube, HTC and other devices
- 90X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters
- Powerful video editor with features like trimming, cropping, rotating, adding subtitles and effects, etc.
- Burn video to playable DVD with attractive free DVD template
- Download or record videos from video sharing sites
- Versatile toolbox combines video metadata, GIF maker, VR converter and screen recorder
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Before getting started, please download Wondershare WMV to iTunes converter via the download button above and follow the easy installation wizard to launch it on your computer. Once complete, just follow the detailed tutorial to learn how to convert WMV to iTunes supported format for easy playback.
Step 1 Import WMV file to Wondershare WMV to iTunes converter
First of all, click the +Add Files icon to load your desired WMV video to the program. Or you can directly drag and drop those you want to play in iTunes to the primary interface.
Note: After importing WMV files, you can change the processing order and play them with the built-in video player.
Step 2 Set iTunes-friendly format as output format
Click the Setting section to get the drop-down output format list, which is divided into four tabs of Recently, Video, Audio and Device. Here we take MP4, for example, go to Video > MP4 and select a resolution in the right. If you want to customize the WMV video output details, you can click Settings to reveal advanced Setting video and manually adjust it to your like.
Tip: We recommend using the default conversion profile that Wondershare provides by default, which already contains presets optimized for WMV to MP4 conversion. Apart from codec settings, it also comes with tons of video editing features helping you create the perfect video, you can access the Editing window by clicking the editing icons under the loaded WMV video thumbnail in Step 1.
Step 3 Start WMV to iTunes conversion
When you are satisfied with your settings and are ready to start converting WMV to iTunes compatible format, just click Convert or Start All in the bottom right corner. While the process is running, Wondershare UniConverter will show you the size of the output file and how much time the process will take. You have the option of pausing or canceling the process at any time.
Once the WMV to iTunes conversion completes, you can either switch to the Finished tab or click the folder-like icon in the bottom to fetch the converted .wmv files that are fully compatible with iTunes. Now you can freely play WMV video with iTunes!
Question 1: How can you watch WMV files on an iPhone?
Answer: You can watch the contents of a WMV file on your iPhone by first transferring the file to your computer. Next, convert the file to MP4 or MOV using Wondershare Converter Ultimate, and finally, transfer it back to your iPhone for playback.
Question 2: What are the pros and cons of iTunes?
Answer: Pros include a sleek, user-friendly design, a large catalog of music and video, music subscription service, internet radio with a large selection of music genres, a well-designed Mini Player interface and iCloud integration.
The cons are – Its size. iTunes takes up a lot of disk space for a media player. For people with many devices, authorization limits can be an issue. Also, an online version of Apple Music is not available.
Question 3: What are the best iTunes alternatives?
Answer: If you're looking for FREE alternatives to iTunes, make sure to check out MusicBee, MediaMonkey and PodTrans.